MIUI 8.2 7.1.19/20

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to flash my Redmi Note 3 Pro (successfully Unlocked bootloader) from xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote3Pro_V7.5.1.0.LHOCNDE_v7-5.1 to
xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote3Pro_V8.1.1.0.MHOCNDI_v8-6.0.

Using TWRP, cleared everything but the SD card where I put the new v8.1.1.0 ROM on. The Installation finished without errors.

MIUI v8.1.1.0 booted up, asked for language (choose German), asked for WLAN (entered credentials and successfully connected to my WLAN). In the next step it tried to sign in to my MI.com-Account, which failed.

The error message says "Couldn't check find device status" and I'm left with the options "back" and "try again".

Doesn't matter how often I try again or go back, I always end up stuck at this point "Couldn't check find device status".

What I did:
- Downloaded the archive again
- Compared checksums

All fine, I just don't understand the error message.

Please help, looking forward for every tiny clue to solve this, because I love the combination of that phone and MIUI.

Sometimes instant reboot on my redmi pro. With no special affects. Just reboot while laying without activity or while charging.

Last mui of course

Please fix re focus fc in mi 5s plus. Thank

Gửi từ MI 5s Plus của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

The problem is not only that xiaomi grow too fast, the problem also is that they produce and release too much phones in so an short time, so they can not concentrate for one phone, they have too much construction zone, thats my meaning, i only wanted to say

The problem is not only that xiaomi grow too fast, the problem also is that they produce and release too much phones in so an short time, so they can not concentrate for one phone, they have too much construction zone, thats my meaning, i only wanted to say

Some people do forget that you CANNOT blame a developer rom to be faulty!!!
Or the translation to be buggy!!!Or mess with changing a rom (developer<>stable,didn't start with a fresh installation!)
Keep that in mind folks!!!

Reactions: Headbanger82
Some people do forget that you CANNOT blame a developer rom to be faulty!!!
Or the translation to be buggy!!!Or mess with changing a rom (developer<>stable,didn't start with a fresh installation!)
Keep that in mind folks!!!
maybe with the official roms there are not these problems, but anyhow i think that are to much Smartphone which comes to the market of xiaomi . so i think it will be not so more interesting such as when one iphone is coming out and that only one ore two times in a year. Also there are to much "flagships" now on xiaomi smartphones so i can not pleasure because i as actually do not know which Smartphone i should choose, the mi mix ore mi note2. So i farther will stay on my mi5. I can not realy explain how i this mean but maybe someone unterstand what i mean.
I think the people are overstrained with this.

Reactions: kriszut
@pendrago To use official TWRP with official roms, you need to boot into it first after flashing and then flash "lazyflasher" to patch the boot image to avoid boot-loops! Alternatively you can use ZCX Twrp or alternatives that patch the boot image.

Thanks a lot! I have flashed it and it's without bootloops. Unfortunately I had to wipe user data because this "damn" encryption didn't allow me to access my internal storage. Is there a way to avoid it? Couldn't find any solution.

Do I have to (I assume) flash "lazyflasher" every time I want to update my ROM - so Dev 7.1.19 -> TWRP --> flash 7.1.20 then flash "lazyflasher" and wipe cache/dalvik and reboot?

For Mi5 see the first post for instructions on how to flash "Nougat" roms.

Edit: You need to use TWRP to flash xiaomi.eu roms. If you boot into it first, you can flash the xiaomi.eu rom without worrying about patching boot image.

Allright. But what if I would like to flash the latest xiaomi.eu ROM now?
TWRP -> Wipe cache/user data/dalvik cache? then flash the latest Xiaomi.EU ROM and that's it? Without flashing "lazy flasher" - because it's in the zip file and without rooting again (because it's in the zip file also). Am I right?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Do I have to (I assume) flash "lazyflasher" every time I want to update my ROM - so Dev 7.1.19 -> TWRP --> flash 7.1.20 then flash "lazyflasher" and wipe cache/dalvik and reboot?

Yes or use a TWRP that has it included!

Allright. But what if I would like to flash the latest xiaomi.eu ROM now?
TWRP -> Wipe cache/user data/dalvik cache? then flash the latest Xiaomi.EU ROM and that's it? Without flashing "lazy flasher"
"Lazyflasher" is not required on xiaomi.eu roms, only needed for official roms.

Last edited:
Reactions: b1o9n9u5s95
Hey guys I am a bit confused. I have a Mi 5 I saw what to do when flash Android 7 from Android 6. As not to wipe system but what should I do when I need to flash Aosp/Lineage OS based Roms? Can I full wipe then in that case? Some custom Roms require wiping data, cache, system, dalvic cache. Thank you

MIUI v8.1.1.0 booted up, asked for language (choose German), asked for WLAN (entered credentials and successfully connected to my WLAN). In the next step it tried to sign in to my MI.com-Account, which failed.

The error message says "Couldn't check find device status" and I'm left with the options "back" and "try again".

Doesn't matter how often I try again or go back, I always end up stuck at this point "Couldn't check find device status".
Is it possible, that you have option Find phone active in previous version? The safest way is to uncheck all this safety options before upgrade. Now you can try to install developer version (7.1.19) and there check mi.com things.

Don't know if anyone reported this but sending pictures from gallery via innbox is not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.