Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 244 79.2%
  • NO

Votes: 64 20.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if my question is answered somewhere in the previous pages of this thread, but I didn't read them all.
What "stability issues" are preventing Redmi Note 2 from getting the update? Anyone knows?
Everyone knows RN2 has a battery issue, along with the "being forgotten by Xiaomi" issue, but might that be the issue they're addressing?

I have no issue with GPS on Mi5 unlike with others who reported GPS doesn't work. It takes a bit longer to set location but nothing serious. GPS set location within 40 sec even in worst case :

3980b70ca2b29567d0405763bc858079.jpg

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Apologies if my question is answered somewhere in the previous pages of this thread, but I didn't read them all.
What "stability issues" are preventing Redmi Note 2 from getting the update? Anyone knows?
Everyone knows RN2 has a battery issue, along with the "being forgotten by Xiaomi" issue, but might that be the issue they're addressing?
And what I read from en.miui.com forum is that Xiaomi is well aware of the Battery problem on Redmi Note 2 and they are investigating the problem.

And what I read from en.miui.com forum is that Xiaomi is well aware of the Battery problem on Redmi Note 2 and they are investigating the problem.
I think they must leave the investigation, and at least upgrade to android 6,the vernee mars with the same processor got android 7!!!

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 2 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Reactions: Mymymi
Just a +1 to confirm the GPS issue on MI5.
The issue occurs since the 2 latest releases (inc 7.1.5)

No other major issue, tkx for your work!

Reactions: Mali2
I think they must leave the investigation, and at least upgrade to android 6,the vernee mars with the same processor got android 7!!!

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 2 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

RN2 -mtk helio x10 , vernee mars mtk helio p10 . But it does discredit the idea that phones with mediatek don't get android upgrades . Other companies manage it .

Last edited:
Reactions: spdiv1972
I think they must leave the investigation, and at least upgrade to android 6,....

Upgrade to Android 6 may give you a pleasant gut feeling that you have some new stuff on your old phone.

Apart from that, I found no practical added value resulting from that upgrade on my Kenzo.

Reactions: spdiv1972
Hello,
in theme app, any chance to get back the Customize button?
Even temporarly...

I need to set a theme but be able to use Icons from another theme

It was possible in the past...

Hello,
in theme app, any chance to get back the Customize button?
Even temporarly...

I need to set a theme but be able to use Icons from another theme

It was possible in the past...
And there isn't?

~Tapatalk Mi5~

Sure? Don't be lazy.. Press that user settings..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

Sure? Don't be lazy.. Press that user settings..

~Tapatalk Mi5~
Oh thank you!
Didn't know this disposition...

I was used to have all the options on the main screen of theme app.
i am a new user of Dev Rom, I was on Stable 8.0 before...

Thank you, my phone looks perfect now!

If you guys want a great theme see this attachment!
(file too big so I had to split, and Forum doesn't accept extension .001 and .002 so need to remove .pdf before extract)
Black Theme ported from Mi Note 2, it look amazing on my redmi 4 prime.

Attachments

• Mi Note 2 Black.zip.001.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 252
  • Mi Note 2 Black.zip.002.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 342
Reactions: trustkill
Hi. Ive a cyanogenmod and i want to go to the lasstest xiaomi.eu developer, i wipe all (data, system, cachek, dalvik, internal storage) and next I installed the xiaomi.eu zip, but when i will do power off to restar it says "no OS installed, are you sure". Any solutions?'
Just restart. I also got this message, but the Rom is installed and when you boot, you will see that it works and the new Rom boots, but it takes a bit of time until boot is complete...

Outdoor. Finding sattelites is ok, but no fix.
62ff74893cf65296177869c7885edfd7.jpg

Отправлено с моего MI 5 через Tapatalk

Huge battery consumption by Google Play services.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-10-15-30-29-740_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-10-15-30-29-740_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    177.2 KB · Views: 366
RN2 -mtk helio x10 , vernee mars mtk helio p10 . But it does discredit the idea that phones with mediatek don't get android upgrades . Other companies manage it .
There have been other devices launched with X10, and some of those had the source code released. This isn't Mediatek's problem, it's Xiaomi's. From not optimizing the software for the device (and not solving the battery issue after so many complaints all over), to not upgrading android or allowing third parties to do it for them, it's all Xiaomi's problem.
It's even a disgrace for X10's capabilities, and Mediatek's reputation.
Anyway, [ /end rant ], I'd just like to know the real cause, but I guess it's behind Xiaomi's secrecy policy. (okay, that was one more rant, I'm finished now xD)

Hi guys,

I have a Redmi 4 Prime

I'm currently on version 6.11.17 Beta

If i want to update to 7.1.5 can i just do that by updater-menu-select installation zip
Or do i have to follow the to 7.0 from 6.0 guide, and do i have to install the mi5 software then?

thanks!

Hi guys,

I have a Redmi 4 Prime

I'm currently on version 6.11.17 Beta

If i want to update to 7.1.5 can i just do that by updater-menu-select installation zip
Or do i have to follow the to 7.0 from 6.0 guide, and do i have to install the mi5 software then?

thanks!
If your rom is xiaomi.eu rom then just download your devices rom and update your rom using updater and select the zip file, reboot and wait. You have Redmi 4 Prime, not Mi5.

CHANGELOG

Highlights
New - New installer with built-in antivirus (01-03)
Optimization - Replaced service provider for exchange rates (01-03)
New - VoLTE conference video calls (01-04)

Calender
New - Road space rationing info for Beijing, Tianjin, and Chengdu (01 - 04)

Weather
Optimization - Display effect of wind speed approaching 0 (01-04)

Security
New - New installer with built-in antivirus (01-03)
Removed - Games froze because of the Game speed booster (01-03)

Clock / Calculator
Optimization - Replaced service provider for exchange rates (01-03)

Added Swedish language
Optimized GPS

1. Update for Mi Max / Prime, Mi Note Pro, Mi 4c, Mi 4S suspended for making preparations for Android 7.0 beta testing.
2. Update for Redmi Note 2 suspended this week due to stability testing.

Known issue for MI5:
- FC after files downloaded via Chrome
Camera error on this build.

Both Redmi 2 Prime and Redmi 4 Prime has this bug.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.