MIUI 9.1 7.11.16

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just follow the instructions on 1st page! :) It's not stucked! heheh that's what fastboot is, it doesn't show you anything else, you do the forward steps in cmd. :)

Thank you very much, you saved my day !!!!!

At my last device the fastboot mode goes to a prompt, that´s the reason why I going wrong. Backup is running now!

Reactions: CyNote
Thank you very much, you saved my day !!!!!

At my last device the fastboot mode goes to a prompt, that´s the reason why I going wrong. Backup is running now!

No problem, I'm always here to help! :p Now I just need others to reply to solve Other files issue with the storage increase. When you boot into your miui, check in Settings -> Storage -> How much MB or GB it shows in Other files and let me know please. :D

I don't know if is a Facebook error but with my REDMI NOTE 3 MTK i have random error and force close of the UI when I receive a notification with the app opened.

The screen turn off and when I try to reopen it the statusbar disappeared and found myself to the lockscreen.

It is happening since the latest 3 update

Because "Other files" increased. I was on Xiaomi.eu Dev ROM, then factory reset through TWRP, flashed Stable from here, then factory reset, flashed today 7.11.16 and "Other files" increased from 600 to 850 plus with some updates from Play Store went to 1.05GB.

You can use ES File Explorer app, the SD Card Analyst (don't worry about the name, it also analyst internal storage) to find out what's tsken your storage.

Reactions: CyNote
< Mi Max Prime 7.11.16 >

For those who dislike the new Auto brightness Optimization in Android 7 based MIUI whereby the manual brightness does not stick at the preset level (manual brightness keeps jumping around) after switching off Auto Brightness..

Just change this string in Helium.xml (Root is required):

<bool name="support_autobrightness_optimize">true</bool> to
<bool name="support_autobrightness_optimize">false</bool>

This change will bring back the good old Auto Brightness behavior prior to Android 7 based MIUI!

Last edited:
< Mi Max Prime 7.11.16 >

For those who dislike the new Auto brightness Optimization whereby the manual brightness does not stick at the preset level (manual brightness keeps jumping around) after switching off Auto Brightness..

This the modified Helium.xml so that Auto brightness will behave like the good old MIUI prior to Android 7. :)
Personnaly, I use this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.velis.auto.brightness

Envoyé de mon Redmi Note 4X en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Kelvintino
The unlock programs says "Device Unlocked" "No need to repeat unlock".
In reply to your earlier question about reformat from TWRP, when you enter TWRP from "Power & VolUp" at reboot, then go to "Wipe" -> "Format Data", then follow the instructions PRECISELY.....

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately it does not work. Back to the Global Beta for a couple of weeks and then i will try again.
Something that i've noticed, i always have to enter my password to allow TWRP to start/decrypt my storage. I suppose that tis is normal behaviour?
No, it sounds like the encryption has not been cleared, when booting into TWRP you should have no password.

So, with this app. The preset manual brightness stick after switching off Auto Brightness?
With this app, all Brightness with stock settings don't work (nothing happen when you slide the Brightness level

Need the app for change manually the Brightness
And you can choose the Brightness level

For example, if detect 1 Lux ( the night), set Brightness to 5% etc...
28e927e53019489ba5d571bd7ccce30d.jpg
d11fbf76468ebfcbbef9f599e81e5acc.jpg

is it possible to insert volume setting for notifications?

it´s annoying the notifications are at a volume loud...

thanks for the wonderful job

If you badly need this, You can decrease the volume level of mp3 file you use as the sound notif using software like mp3gain (http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/index.php), first check what is the current level of the mp3 file, then set a lower level.

mp3gain only works with mp3 file so if the sound is not mp3 format, 1st you need to convert it to mp3 format)

Or if this sounds too complicated just send me the sound file you're using, i will lower the vol for you.

Last edited:
Crap. This version just bricked my 5X. Went through the TWRP install process, it encountered errors and refused to finish.
Now I cannot turn the device on at all. All I am getting is a black screen.

I don't suppose anyone knows a way to 'unbrick' the device?

< Mi Max Prime 7.11.16 >

For those who dislike the new Auto brightness Optimization in Android 7 based MIUI whereby the manual brightness does not stick at the preset level (manual brightness keeps jumping around) after switching off Auto Brightness..

Just change this string in Helium.xml (Root is required):

<bool name="support_autobrightness_optimize">true</bool> to
<bool name="support_autobrightness_optimize">false</bool>

This change will bring back the good old Auto Brightness behavior prior to Android 7 based MIUI!

Maybe it's important to mention this :

before reboot the phone, please make sure the permission of the helium.xml file is the same as before editing ('-rw-r--r--'), because some text editor changes the permission incorrecly after saving the file.

Incorrect permission on this system file will cause bootloop.

Personally I also don't like the new auto brightness because it doesn't remember the manual brightness level, so I edit this myself every week hahaha

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelvintino
Crap. This version just bricked my 5X. Went through the TWRP install process, it encountered errors and refused to finish.
Now I cannot turn the device on at all. All I am getting is a black screen.

I don't suppose anyone knows a way to 'unbrick' the device?
Don't you have any backup?

Enviado desde mi MI MAX mediante Tapatalk

Don't you have any backup?

It's bricked as in the screen won't even turn on now to get into fast boot, nor does the charging icon come up. I have backups of every install for the past month, but I have no way to get into fastboot now.

Maybe it's imoortant to mention this :

before reboot the phone, please make sure the permission of the helium.xml file is the same as before editing ('-rw-r--r--'), because some text editor changes the permission incorrecly after saving the file.

Incorrect permission on this system file will cause bootloop.

Yes. Good point. Must change to rw-r-r before reboot.

It's bricked as in the screen won't even turn on now to get into fast boot, nor does the charging icon come up. I have backups of every install for the past month, but I have no way to get into fastboot now.
What about with 10 seconds holding vol - + power?

With this app, all Brightness with stock settings don't work (nothing happen when you slide the Brightness level

Need the app for change manually the Brightness
And you can choose the Brightness level

For example, if detect 1 Lux ( the night), set Brightness to 5% etc...
28e927e53019489ba5d571bd7ccce30d.jpg
d11fbf76468ebfcbbef9f599e81e5acc.jpg

I see. Got it. Thank. :)

Reactions: billouetaudrey
What about with 10 seconds holding vol - + power?

Nothing happens. My PC recognizes the phone as HS-USB Diagnostics 900E (COM3), but the phone will not turn on or go into FB at all.

Completely unresponsive. I'm going to try an unbrick guide for the 5/5S from XDA and keep my fingers crossed.

I'm unsure if it will work. In 6 years of flashing phones, this is my first ever bricked device. Any prior bad flashes, I've always been able to get into recovery.

Nothing happens. My PC recognizes the phone as HS-USB Diagnostics 900E (COM3), but the phone will not turn on or go into FB at all.

Completely unresponsive. I'm going to try an unbrick guide for the 5/5S from XDA and keep my fingers crossed.

I'm unsure if it will work. In 6 years of flashing phones, this is my first ever bricked device. Any prior bad flashes, I've always been able to get into recovery.
Good luck by unbricking!

Status
Not open for further replies.