Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, in this version I do not have mi drop, I can not turn on.
No problem I can send files via mi drop, only I can not turn it on (there is no icon)
Does anyone have the same problem?
redmi note 2

Step counter with mifit always ask to login in Mi Max Pro
ae6b0ad76abed2d0c891f0de99302ca4.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI MAX mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: Michael_K
Hello everyone, in this version I do not have mi drop, I can not turn on.
No problem I can send files via mi drop, only I can not turn it on (there is no icon)
Does anyone have the same problem?
redmi note 2
Open it on Playstore, update it and you should get the icon back.

Enviado desde mi MI MAX mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: jEZDIn
I hope so... I was surprised when installed this rom first time and it cleaned my internal storage. Just from curiosity - why this happens while first installation?

How did you install xiaomi.eu rom?

I've installed xiaomi.eu on many devices, never once that my internal storage got wiped, at most I (manually, by choice) wipe data, system (wipe data doesn't wipe internal storage).

As for the video app crashing, there is a simple solution.. just use 3rd party app like mx player and set it as the default video player (if you give up trying to find the way to fix the video app).

You can block internet data access for mx player to prevent it loading ads or you can use app like AdAway to block ads server (it disables ads in many 3rd free app).

Or if you don't want to root your phone (AdAway needs root), you can flash this zipfile through TWRP to replace your hosts file with hosts file generated by AdAway without needed to root your phone. This kills a lot of ads, including ads when browsing and in apps.

AdAway Hosts file installer :
AdAway_HOSTS_20171123.zip or AdAway_HOSTS_20171123.zip

Restore to original Hosts file:
AdAway_HOSTS_RESET2STOCK.zip or AdAway_HOSTS_RESET2STOCK.zip

I use these myself.

Last edited:
I hope so... I was surprised when installed this rom first time and it cleaned my internal storage. Just from curiosity - why this happens while first installation?
When you come from official rom you need to format data which wipes internal storage too. That should only be done once before xiaomi.eu flashing to delete the encryption.

How did you install xiaomi.eu rom?

I've installed xiaomi.eu on many devices, never once that my internal storage got wiped, at most I (manually, by choice) wipe data, system (wipe data doesn't wipe internal storage).

As for the video app crashing, there is a simple solution.. just use 3rd party app like mx player and set it as the default video player (if you give up trying to find the way to fix the video app).

You can block internet data access for mx player to prevent it loading ads or you can use app like AdAway to block ads server (it disables ads in many 3rd free app).

Or if you don't want to root your phone (AdAway needs root), you can flash this zipfile through TWRP to replace your hosts file with hosts file generated by AdAway without needed to root your phone. This kills a lot of ads, including ads when browsing and in apps.

AdAway Hosts file installer :
AdAway_HOSTS_20171123.zip

Restore to original Hosts file:
AdAway_HOSTS_RESET2STOCK.zip

I use these myself.
Bad gateway on androidfilehost, are you able to upload them to other source?

Suggestion: plz admin can you make the fingerprint sensor for the mi5 always on that we can unlock the phone without pressing the button or waking it: like other xiaomi devices!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-5/themes/stock-rom-custom-rom-make-mi5-t3623997
Great, thanks!
It works like a charm!
I did it with Terminal Emulator:
Code:
$ su
# echo 1 > sys/devices/soc/soc:fpc_fpc1020/enable_wakeup
So I can disable double tap to wake.
But now I have to check the battery drain.

[Edit]
As you can expect, it doesn't survive a reboot... Must put it somewhere like /etc/rc.local...
[/Edit]

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Great, thanks!
It works like a charm!
I did it with Terminal Emulator:
Code:
$ su
# echo 1 > sys/devices/soc/soc:fpc_fpc1020/enable_wakeup
So I can disable double tap to wake.
But now I have to check the battery drain.

[Edit]
As you can expect, it doesn't survive a reboot... Must put it somewhere like /etc/rc.local...
[/Edit]

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
This is why I asked the admin lol

Reactions: jackdomek
7.11.23 installed on mi4s
magisk 14.0
ps cetified
safetynet passed

so far so good

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk

Redmi 4X

Step Counter: If I select English It don´t works, but If I select Spanish (it is my normal selection) It works without problems.

Shortcuts to the left of the lock screen: bad translate in Spanish, but I see that this is solved for the next update.

Mail notifications app: The notifications of the mail application are lost randomly. I reset app data and the bug is still there. I see this notifications bug in the two last updates. (with Gmail app no problem).

For the rest, the update works great.
Thank you very much for your efforts, especially this week.

@Soebianto

When you come from official rom you need to format data which wipes internal storage too. That should only be done once before xiaomi.eu flashing to delete the encryption.
It seems logic but why it do this again without any warning? I installed it like this
1. Push TWRP with ADB
2. Reboot to TWRP
3. Format data (it wipes internal, as expected)
4. Reboot recovery
5. Transfer rom and magisk to phone memory
6. Flash rom and reboot

7. At this point i want to reboot again to recovery and install magisk, but my internal storage is again empty

Do that's why I'm very careful with next clean flash or full wipe. I have some experience with custom roms, but only this wiped my memory during first install :).

It seems logic but why it do this again without any warning? I installed it like this
1. Push TWRP with ADB
2. Reboot to TWRP
3. Format data (it wipes internal, as expected)
4. Reboot recovery
5. Transfer rom and magisk to phone memory
6. Flash rom and reboot

7. At this point i want to reboot again to recovery and install magisk, but my internal storage is again empty

Do that's why I'm very careful with next clean flash or full wipe. I have some experience with custom roms, but only this wiped my memory during first install :).
If you just boot to twrp it doesn't wipe anything.

I think it was wiped during installation script, not rebooting recovery.

Installation script doesn't wipe internal storage (it doesn't even wipe cache partition, i couldn't find the part where the script wipe cache).

I have been flashing dev rom almost every week on some devices like Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 2, Mi Max 2, never lose any data.

may i ask you ... why the hell Mi 3/Mi 4 still dont have face unlock ? because the other xiaomi devices already has fingerprint unlock and they still get face ID unlock, even in MIUI PRO. my mi 4 only has PIN lock. sorry for my english and my attitude. I kinda upset when a flagship dont have much feature :(. and i tried a lot of custom rom. but only MIUI is the smoothest rom. so i just want a face unlock on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.