MIUI 8.3 7.2.16/17

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I installed in my mi4c the original 7.2.16 rom (before it was re-uploaded). After this I got my phone locked and I unlocked it. The questions are, if I install new reuploaded 7. 2.16 will I get the phone locked again? In the next weekly rom releases will we get it locked again? Thanks in advanced from Spain.

If you unlocked it using official method. It'll not relock again

Hi there,
First of all congratulations for all the hard work you put in these releases!
I switched from global stable ROM on my Mi5s and I have to admit that it is much better with your ROMS!
Moving on I would like to propose for a few improvements for the ROMS to follow:
1) Is there a way to restore the smart unlock feature embedded in vanilla Android? The one that allows the smartphone to remain unlocked in trusted locations or whenever connected to a trusted Bluetooth device? It seems that the only current option available is to unlock when paired to Xiaomi Miband but no other Bluetooth device.

2) It would be nice if NFC worked when the phone is locked and screen is off.

Plz excuse me if my proposals are out of context or impossible or beyond your powers, or if I am writing in the wrong post, as I am a new in this community. Thanks a lot for taking the time to read my post!

I do not agree with that.

With this fw device is slow, lags a lot, is more & more warm, lost 4000 Point on antutu benchmark and also on high load (video play, music and play app installing) the 2 "big" core are off :View attachment 15294

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

So can more Mi4c users who have done the update please confirm these things:
1. Whatsapp voice not working
2. Laggier and hotter device

Reactions: kroll999 and lorder
hi. i noticed a strange behaviour on my redmi 3pro (ido) with yesterdays release. if the phone is charged to 100% and i reboot it still plugged in the charger the battery drops to 97%. i just tried that 3 times in a row and it always drops to 97. anyone else having that?

So glad to see MI4C going stable on 8.2 Thanks for the hard work!

Now I am a bit unsure about the procedure for installing it.
So far I have been exclusively hoping from one stable release to the next which was just a matter of flashing over the old one.
Now the instructions (and my questions regarding them) read as:

How to upgrade from Android 5.1 to Android 7.0 MI4C, Mi4S, MINote PRO:
Install MIUI 6.12.22 before updating to Android 7.0..

-> Do I really have to flash some WEEKLY 6.12.22 over my STABLE MI4c_V8.1.3.0??
Select zip in Updater - menu - select zip
-> Is this explaining how to flash WEEKLY 6.12.22 or is this where I am to actually flash the new MI4c_V8.2.1.0??
Unlock your bootloader again on Mi4C, Mi4S, MiNotePRO
-> Got my MI4C early enough so I never had to unlock bootloader. There seem to be unofficial unlocking methods circumventing asking xiaomi for permission. Anybody having experience with that?
(check your bootloader status by command "fastboot oem device-info")
Install TWRP for 7.0 via fastboot "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" "fastboot boot twrp.img"

-> If this is a prerequisite for flashing 7.0, I'd expect a instruction following along the lines of "Flash 7.0 now". However, this seems to be missing...
In case of issues, wipe /data in TWRP
For ROOT use latest SuperSU

Any help or experience on that is very much appreciated.

If I get this right, the stable 8.2 update for Mi4c is still running Android 5.1 and not 7. I did not try it myself yet. Check the Mi4c forum part:

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/8-2-stable.38680/

Reactions: Rambro
Don't be so negative. Your roms are the best, dude, but global roms are the greatest s**t in the world. But these functions are useless and annoying for me. Let me and others to turn it off.

Screen-off animation can't be turned off now.

It's not a decision, because xposed is a harmful garbage imho
That search bar is the most useless thing I've ever seen. I like the weather tho.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Devices can't connect on my mi4c via hotspot, using 8.2 stable. I use 8.1 stable before with no issue. Please fix, thanks sir.

So can more Mi4c users who have done the update please confirm these things:
1. Whatsapp voice not working
2. Laggier and hotter device
I dont know about others, but for me 7.2.16 is amazing, better batery life for sure.
Performance same.
Give it few batery charges, and batery will normalize.

Finally I saw the link of mi5s 8.2 stable.Have u tried it my friend?

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.