MIUI 8.2 7.2.9

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But how do others with the mi4c?

i just reflash the updated rom 7.2.9 with TWRP 3.0.3 and it works. Now my 4c works like a champ.

thanks developers

PS: the guy who post TWRP 3.0.3 said that this recovery does not work with android 1 to 6

Last edited:
Reactions: Morvarid
UPDATE :

We made New TWRP recoveries for Android 7 for the next devices....
Mi Max (Hydrogen) => http://ota.xiaomi-miui.gr/downloads/roms/Mi-MAX/twrp-hydrogen-7.img
Mi Max PRO (Hellium) => http://ota.xiaomi-miui.gr/downloads/roms/Mi_Max_PRO/twrp-helium-7.img
Mi-4S (Aqua) => http://ota.xiaomi-miui.gr/downloads/roms/Mi-4S/twrp-aqua-7.img

The Above TWRP Recoveries are packed with new Android 7 Kernel in case you have problems with current Twrp Version.
You can test them and give us some feed-back ...

Enjoy new Android 7 Roms for Miui 8 !!!

I dont have any problem with TWRP recovery. Must i to update the recovery with this one?

Recoveries for Mi Max & Mi-4S & Mi Max PRO will follow soon....

Thanks xiaomi.eu for their Awesome job ... !!!

The link goes for 404, however I can't wait so the link with twrp.img seem literally fine!

Went into recovery, flashed an updated-version of 7.2.9 now. Booting!

upload_2017-2-12_1-21-31.png

Last edited:
I'm Mi Max PRO 64 GB at version 6.9.8 gonna go to 6.12.22 then --> 7.2.9 tonight.

MIUI Hellas Could you refresh my memory, how do you update TWRP ? and given the above upgrade path, when should I upgrade it ? Now ? or before 6.12.22 --> 7.2.9

MIUI Hellas Could you refresh my memory, how do you update TWRP ? and given the above upgrade path, when should I upgrade it ? Now ? or before 6.12.22 --> 7.2.9

The recovery must be updated after you flashed in new Android 7 ROM.
If you flash it before the upgrade to nougat then it not Work.

You just download the related recovery for your device
Enter to FastBoot mode by pressing Power & Volume DOWN button
Flash the recovery using command fastboot flash recovery {name of recovery.img}
For ex. fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Then reboot to new recovery using command fastboot boot twrp.img (example)

Last edited:
Reactions: Morvarid
Yesterday I upgraded my mi4c to Nougat Android 7 but in the configuration of the Post bitDownloader me error SSL (think) I get this error fuoi: "hardshake failed" on other device with the same parameters it works ... I tried + app

Mi Max 2/16
Current version 6.12.22. twrp 3020.
When flash 7.2.9 - all fine, bootloader still unlocked, SIM card/IMEI is present. No root

when flash supersu - lost SIM and IMEI.... How to root device without SIM/IMEI lost?

The recoverie must be updated after you flashed in new Android 7 ROM.
If you flash it before the upgrade to nougat then it not Work.

You just download the related recovery for your device
Enter to FastBoot mode by pressing Power & Volume UP button
Flash the recovery using command fastboot flash recovery {name of recoverie.img}
For ex. fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Then reboot to new recovery using command fastboot boot twrp.img (example)

I did exactly as you said and it says "finished" "okay" in adb but when i press volume up+power it just shows "MI" for some time then turn off, any suggestions?

I enabled usb debugging and canceled oem lock.

I confirm the recovery for Mi Note Pro posted by MIUI Hellas works fine, thank you!

Now I wonder if reflashing 7.2.9 with the battery drain fix will relock my bootloader (I have unlocked it on the 7.2.9 with battery drain before the file was removed).

Last edited:
I did exactly as you said and it says "finished" "okay" in adb but when i press volume up+power it just shows "MI" for some time then turn off, any suggestions?

I enabled usb debugging and canceled oem lock.
Sorry for my mistake.
You can enter to fastboot mode by keep pressing at Power & Volume DOWN Button. (Not Volume UP as noted before).
The guide corrected.

Sorry for my mistake.
You can enter to fastboot mode by keep pressing at Power & Volume DOWN Button.
The guide corrected.

I know that my friend, it's after installing in fastboot when i try to enter recovery i have this problem...

Mi not pro.
I unlocked the bootloader using MiFlashUnlock after installing the new rom (original 7.2.9 not you'rs).

Updated and working as expected, no noticable drain (didn't expected it but it's nice to hear some positive sounds). Again a good release. For my 3s

Sent from my Redmi 3S

I know that my friend, it's after installing in fastboot when i try to enter recovery i have this problem...
Try to enter in Recovery from Miui Updater app (Reboot in Recovery Mode).

When you press the Power & Volume UP button, when the Mi Logo apears you must release to Power Button without release the Volume Up Button.
If you keep pressing for Long Time the Power & Volume UP buttons together, maybe you will force the Device to make Reboot prior entering in recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.