MIUI 8.2 7.2.9

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is fine. I have no observations to any problems. Battery life is very good.
View attachment 15254
13e8ca15699dc14aa778556361a22251.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

trying this :
Sometimes, it could fail at 50% with an error about different account : it is advised to try to sync again and locate one time the device with mi cloud, then wait 4-5 days more because miui server need to be up to date with your permission. In official advices you can read that you can turn ON android device manager in settings>additional settings>privacy>device administrators (but i never had to do that).
Mi4C

@ingbrzy

Hi

I have little problem on kenzo with wakelock msm_otg after disconnecting the phone from the charger (when is 100%). Phone is not going to deep sleep.

This is usually happening because of the charger or cable, but I am using original xiaomi setup.
People wrote that the solution is to turn off and turn on the phone after every charging, and this wakelock depend on the kernel (some people fix it by flashing cutom kernel)

Can someone of developers take a look in that? Thank you in advance, I am every day more and more enjoying by using this firmware. Fantastic performance and stability

Well.

Guys, after two days of research, I found a way to revert back to 5.1 if you are stuck like me :

-Updated to 7.0 (the first that drains like hell, ofc)
-Unable to unlock your bootloader (50% MiUnlock bug)
-No Recovery anymore (TWRP deleted due to 7.0 "upgrade")
-And no way to flash a recovery to reflash a rom (Phone locked, ofc)

I own a Mi4C, but i'm pretty sure it could work for other devices

You need :

-Windows Drivers for your phone

-Fastboot and ADB files : http://xiaomitips.com/getfile/568/?dlm-dp-dl-force=1&dlm-dp-dl-nonce=078697a41a

-MiFlash : http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=attachment&aid=NjU5MzY0fDUwMjc5NmZifDE0ODQ1OTUyMDV8MzU0NzU5MHwyODE5Nzk=&ck=f977eac0

-Fastboot rom allowing unlocked bootloader :
I used this one for Mi4C : http://xiaomitips.com/getfile/1829/?dlm-dp-dl-force=1&dlm-dp-dl-nonce=078697a41a
That's dev 6.1.7 fastboot chinese rom, .tgz extension file

-pre 7.0 update TWRP (3.0.2) for your device : you can easely get it on TWRP.me

-5.1 rom. I picked the 6.12.22 Xiaomi.eu rom for Mi4C

First

Make sure you have adb and drivers right installed on your PC, and that your Mi Phone is correctly recognised by the system :

Connect your phone in fastboot mode (down+power) and type :
"fastboot devices" command. It should display your device

Second

Switch to edl mode :

Type : "fastboot oem edl"
Your phone screen should turn black.

Stay it like that and go ahead to the next step

Third

Using 7Zip, unpack the fastboot rom .tgz, and then the .tar in there.
You'll get a folder (libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn in my case) which contain "images" folder + some other files.

Put that "libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn" folder on your desktop

Open MiFlash and refresh to see your device. It should appear on "id" : 1 and "device" : COMxx.

Click on "Select" and locate the folder (libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn for me) that contains "images" etc...
Then Flash.

Fourth

Once flashing is done, reboot in fastboot mode right away.
We can now flash TWRP in fastboot mode.

Put TWRP.img in adb folder on your pc,
and type "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img"

Fifth

Reboot in TWRP (up+power)
EDIT : full wipe

Copy/paste 6.12.22 xiaomi.eu .zip rom to your device

And install zip withing twrp.

Done.

You can also copy/paste a twrp nandroid backup, if you are like me, and you saved one on your pc.
In that case, you have to restore instead of install new rom

Last edited:
Can we enable the google sync for the saved wifis or is that something that has to be enabled in the developer side?

Hello everybody

After typing "fastboot oem edl" command, my phone turns black. At this point it seems OK but i can't flash anything. The phone is only recognized in Fastboot mode no in oem edl.

Any idea ?

Thanx ! ^^

Hello everybody

After typing "fastboot oem edl" command, my phone turns black. At this point it seems OK but i can't flash anything. The phone is only recognized in Fastboot mode no in oem edl.

Any idea ?

Thanx ! ^^
It may happen when you have intel android drivers installed. Try to delete them.

Отправлено с моего MI 4S через Tapatalk

Hello everybody

Any idea ?

Thanx ! ^^
You do not see your phone by refreshing miflash that's right ?

Chinese developer or Global developer or Xiaomi.eu (which is also Ch.dev.).

Yeah my end goal is to install the weekly Xiaomi.eu ROM but my bootloader is locked so I think I'm going to need to flash a Xiaomi Dev ROM first, unlock the bootloader, then install the Xiaomi.eu ROM and root

Reactions: sota01
Mi Max here!
Everything is working fine except HDR mode on the camera. It gives me error everytime i try to take a picture.
Battery is flawless with this hotfix update, also antutu benchmark gave me +2k on final score.

Please fix HDR! Thanks and cya in the next one.

@ingbrzy

Hi

I have little problem on kenzo with wakelock msm_otg after disconnecting the phone from the charger (when is 100%). Phone is not going to deep sleep.

This is usually happening because of the charger or cable, but I am using original xiaomi setup.
People wrote that the solution is to turn off and turn on the phone after every charging, and this wakelock depend on the kernel (some people fix it by flashing cutom kernel)

Can someone of developers take a look in that? Thank you in advance, I am every day more and more enjoying by using this firmware. Fantastic performance and stability
I used to get this on my old Kenzo as well. Really frustrating, not much you can do to fix it either

@grantius unfortunately you're right. I just hope that someone can take a look in that, especially that in the previous version I didn't have that wakelock at all.

As I mention before, solution is to change the charger with the cable, or flash custom kernel.

The first option seems legit, but where is the sense to change the charger after 3 weeks of using?
Second option doesn't convince me, especially that someone of xiaomi.eu developers spend hours to optymalise everything to work together (I mean kernel and firmware), so I suppose that final product is the best option, and it's not necessary to flash anything different.

On screen battery usage is higher then with 12.22 & 12.29 why?

On screen battery usage is higher then with 12.22 & 12.29 why?

I found that also around the upgrade from 12.22.to 12.29 & then upgraded all the way to 7.1.19 to see if it got better & it didn't...So I gave up & moved to another ROM.

Reactions: DHYNAMiXX
mi4c here. So I tried the 7.2.9 rom for 3 days now (the first release). Huge battery drain, phone always hot, battery draining even if plugged on computer...
Impossible to unlock bootloader (I tried every tip), I flashed back to set 6.12.22 again.
Hope next version will be the good one :D

I need to downgrade my mi4c due to heavy bug.
At this time, i have no twrp installed and bootloader locked.
I have request to xiaomi to unlock, when they give me the unlock i can flash twrp 3.0.2.0 and downgrade via updater or twrp?
Twrp 3.0.3.0

Poslano sa mog Mi-4c koristeći Tapatalk

I found that also around the upgrade from 12.22.to 12.29 & then upgraded all the way to 7.1.19 to see if it got better & it didn't...So I gave up & moved to another ROM.

This is better for battery (I still prefer 22/29) but this new rom is not as much draining as the other roms after 22/29 but just a bit. Feels a tad but faster tho. In response and browsing and games.

Redmi note 2: battery life is bad. 50min of SOT and down to 55%. I get random "dont cover the sensors" and i have to lock the screen again. Tapatalk sometimes gets stuck in bootloop but i am not sure it is the TT problem.
Streamed at least 2 hours of football on saturday , 100% brightness used approx 30% battery

Reactions: Stefano131270
Mi Max here!
Everything is working fine except HDR mode on the camera. It gives me error everytime i try to take a picture.
Battery is flawless with this hotfix update, also antutu benchmark gave me +2k on final score.

Please fix HDR! Thanks and cya in the next one.
New bug found!
When you change contrast or when you test thwm out the whole screen goes white and gray with stripes. After restart everything is fine.

Redmi note 2 battery poor, I have message for application drain battery and your battery is too hot!!! Never after this release...

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.