Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry,
mi4c 3/32
ok, mi4c 3/32, same as mine.

bisor said:
I have 7.3.23 and i want to flash this ROM. Should I unlock bootloader?
depends...
if you already unlocked bootloader (after installing android 7) it's no more necessary to unlock it again.
but if you never unlocked bootloader before.... so yes, you have to unlock it before installing this (or any other) version

bisor said:
TWRP works fine, but I'm afraid to get bootloop.
I'm using the first TWRP released for mi4c-android-7. It works like a charm. 0 bootloop or other bugs.
You can find it here : https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-2-9.38201/ (end of second post, "How to upgrade to Andoid 7.0:.........")

bisor said:
And second question: should I wipe partition?
I suppose that with "wipe partition" you mean "full wipe" (full wipe = wipe cache + wipe system + wipe dalvick + WIPE DATA)
In your case, full wipe is not necessary.............BUT VERY SUGGESTED.
Obviously make your backups (nandroid backup [via TWRP] +data backup [via PC-usb connection] + app bacups [using titaniumBackup, Helium, oandbackup or similar]) before full wipe, to avoid data loss

Last edited:
Reactions: bisor
since when i updated to nougat, gmail notification doesn't show the sender and object of the mail, but only '1 new message' (or more). is this a nougat feature or there's an option to bring it back as it was?

@ingbrzy please reconsider redmi 2 eol situation. I checked the number of downloads for redmi 2 prime and is like 1,000 downloads for each version. For example - much more than redmi 4a.
Thank you
Eitan

Last edited:
Hi friends, i have RR rom on my Mi 5 32Gb. So i want to ask for the best way to roll back to Miui?

Reboot to recovery > Full wipe data, system, cache.. (except internal SD) > Flash Miui rom zip > Reboot

Hi friends, i have RR rom on my Mi 5 32Gb. So i want to ask for the best way to roll back to Miui?

Reboot to recovery > Full wipe data, system, cache.. (except internal SD) > Flash Miui rom zip > Reboot
Pay attention with wipe system, read the first post, wipe system on mi5 may brick your device

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: nexttjme
since when i updated to nougat, gmail notification doesn't show the sender and object of the mail, but only '1 new message' (or more). is this a nougat feature or there's an option to bring it back as it was?

Sometimes I think of going back to miui 7 for these reasons.

Pay attention with wipe system, read the first post, wipe system on mi5 may brick your device

Ya, i see it in the OP. i'm newbie on flashing a rom. So please tell me the right way to do a clean flash? Thanks

Ya, i see it in the OP. i'm newbie on flashing a rom. So please tell me the right way to do a clean flash? Thanks
Copy the ROM zip file on your Mi5, than Has you just said Reboot to recovery > Full wipe data, cache.. (except internal SD) > Flash Miui rom zip > Reboot

Do not wipe system!

Reactions: nexttjme

Safest method:
Download a fastboot version of a Developer MIUI (China if you wanna flash Xiaomi.EU Rom), flash it with MiFlash (clear all option enabled) and the phone in Fastboot mode, then after first boot enable developer options, reboot the phone in Fastboot mode then via ADB shell flash with fastboot command the latest TWRP recovery.
Boot to recovery, format data partition, via TWRP reboot to recovery, mount storage and copy your ROM .zip file then flash.

If you are on AOSP your /system partition is already different and you should not be able to flash successfully the Xiaomi.EU rom.

All good this time.
Mario Run doesn't work.
Now all cores are working.
Battery life is also good.

All good this time.
Mario Run doesn't work.
Now all cores are working.
Battery life is also good.
025910f73a046310bf6503ef1c6f8116.jpg

Gesendet von meinem MI 4S mit Tapatalk

What's the Chinese thing? And the battery took a few steps back again this build.
7cd0ad27b3b8541dd19b352c8aaa70a2.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I'm unable to install version 8.2.2.0 stable on my Xiaomi Mi5... Keep getting fle signature error or zip corrupted when the phone reboots to twrp. What am i missing?

Currently on:
Miui 8.2 | Stable | 8.2.1.0 (NAACNEB)

Android 7.0 NRD90M

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-19-22-05-46-619_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-19-22-05-46-619_com.android.settings.png
    170 KB · Views: 486
What's the Chinese thing? And the battery took a few steps back again this build.
7cd0ad27b3b8541dd19b352c8aaa70a2.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Mine is 0 bytes as in non existent.
It's Chinese for Fingerprint Test. I think it was during the phone's manufacturing.

whatsapp is able to clone but can't allow to choose an account to restore content from google drive, is there somebody with the same problem?
Screenshot_2017-04-19-19-15-28-001_com.whatsapp.png
Screenshot_2017-04-19-19-15-35-183_com.whatsapp.png
Screenshot_2017-04-19-19-16-23-624_com.android.settings.png

Hello

I have a Mi5C.

I downloaded TWRP Song, loaded it with ADB. But unfortunately it asks for a password to decrypt partition data ?! ?! I never encrypted anything nor set up a password to the phone. What should I do ? It is impossible to mount nor wipe. Please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.