MIUI 8.3 7.4.27

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back at MIUI after a long time, just to try things out.
2 questions:
- why MIUI email app doesn't let me select push notification for Gmail account?
- how is it possible that notifications are still that bugged? Quick answer, expanding the notification, everything breaks the layout.

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Great! But still no notification sound on whatsapp and others

Enviado desde mi Mi-4c mediante Tapatalk

Someone else have a problem with instagram on 7.4.20.? I post here because "(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)"
Only when clear the caché can open de app. Thanks everyone.

from Mi4c

Anyone with a Mi5S have problem with starting Google Now with a long press on the Home button? It freezes for some second but Google Now is not starting. Occurs since I stepped over to the EU rom. Any help us welcome!

@tcchan Have you selected it as the default "Assist & Voice input" + Select is as an action for the button?

Settings - Installed Apps - Defaults (at the bottom) - Assist & Voice Input - Assist App (choose google app).

Depending on what country (/default language) your in you might end up with "Google Assistant" instead of "Google Now"!

Note: - If the Chinese Assist app keeps returning as the default choice, you may need to freeze it. (or use TiBu)!

Last edited:
Mi5s here... Damn xiaomi! They release kernel source the same day they release a stunning version of miui! Absolutely the best I've tried so far! Diabolic

Reactions: Dr.MTR
I know its not your fault but MIUI8 has been really bug(ish) lately... It's very disapointing

CHANGELOG

System
Fix - Notification sounds could still be heard in Silent mode (04-26)

Weather
Fix - Long time CPU occupation when not using weather app (04-25)

@ingbrzy could you fix a widget problem?

I can't change clock & weather widget with other custom themes.

Still have a problem with poweramp stop play music when screen is off after a while with miui battery saver on..
Need to change to no restrictions for poweramp to work normally

I came back with my weekly posts "What's wrong with new ROM". I'm still using Mi4s and I've flashed 7.4.27 few hours ago. So:
  • autobrightness still doesn't work properly;
  • tone and contrast still doesn't work properly;
  • some problems with mi account syncing still here;
  • ...?
But:
  • tap sounds in silent mode finally fixed!
I don't have any issues with widgets, but it doesn't mean there are no problems. If I'll notice something else I'll add it to this list. If you found any mistakes in my post or some bugs/improvements in new rom, please reply.

Still have a problem with poweramp stop play music when screen is off after a while with miui battery saver on..
Need to change to no restrictions for poweramp to work normally
No problems with poweramp

Tapatalk - Redmi Note 4 MKT

After reinstall of this weeks rom, the alarm problem is solved.

Only one issue remaining for me on Kenzo: The Security app is now working properly. The Permissions tab doesnt have any options, but is presented blank when you click on permissions.

mr. ingbrzy when will be relase 8.3 stabil vers. for redmi note3 SE (kate)?
What is the release program of the stable version?
thanks

Last edited:
Installed on my mi4c: all seems ok, except some Gmail that doesn't notify me when a new email arrives.
I set Gmail in security > auto start and I granted all permissions.
Google sync is activated for all services (mail, calendar, contacts etc)

Any help?

[by other side, Whatsapp is working good: I receive the notification sound, the notification in the upper bar and LED is working correctly]

Status
Not open for further replies.