MIUI 8.3 7.4.27

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to everyone,

I have downloaded and installed the ROM without any issue.
No battery drain and I have more than 8h of SOT!
But, unfortunately, from the release 7.4.20 I can't receive, in the right way, the emails.
I have to open the app to receive email messages.
Someone has the same "problem" I am facing ?
Thanks for your GREAT WORK!!

Yep, I had this problem on the Mi Max Pro. Now using a Mi Mix and emails get to me right away.
I have another problem though, I DON'T have the Pocket Mode. I don't mean it's disabled (fidgeting with "swipe direct to home screen" doesn't do anything) or grayed out, it's simply NOT THERE.
Funny thing is I can search for it in settings, it shows up, but once I click on it, it's simply not there :D
How can I solve this?
Screenshot_2017-04-28-20-08-20-596_com.android.settings.png
Screenshot_2017-04-28-20-08-15-688_com.android.settings.png

@fast83 Is it not at:-

Settings - Lock Screen & password - Advanced settings - Pocket Mode

???????

Have you seen the screenshots I posted? IT IS NOT THERE. Nor is the Smart Cover mode.
I'd think those are not active functions on the Mix, but sometimes I get the "don't cover the red area etc etc" message when I turn the screen on... But I can't freaking turn it off because there is NO switch LOL

@fast83 Then you have probably found a bug in the rom for that device, question mark is it the same for official rom? Nobody else has mention the "Mi Mix Pocket Mode" on google!

@fast83 Then you have probably found a bug in the rom for that device, question mark is it the same for official rom? Nobody else has mention the "Mi Mix Pocket Mode" on google!
Yeah maybe that's it. I also found it strange that nobody else mentioned this particular problem, but then again the Mix is not a mainstream device, so that's not that weird.
If it weren't for my device telling me to not put anything on the red area etc I would have never searched for the option to disable it altogether either...

Installed for Note 4X today morning and now... all my files are gone. File browser shows only a few empty folders (Android, MIUI, PICTURES, TWRP and two files: dtcp and did). All my files are gone. It was fine about two hours ago because I saved an image from a website and viewed it in gallery.
What just happened?

edit - tried restoring my backup, but it's also gone :|

Do you mean your friend received an empty message? In this case, long press the menu button to access the SMS options, and disable GSM Alphabet.

MTK isn't update friendly. It's not really Xiaomi's fault, it's Mediatek. Qualcomm phones always get the Android updates first.
Hi and thanks for the answer but why other phones with the same processor have received android n? That's why I think the problem is xiaomi not mediatek. a good day to all

Reactions: AlexDiver
Thank you. No Hebrew Charchters when sending Sms.Redmi 4 Pro. Its about a month that this problem is accured. I use googel masanger insted of built in Sms App.

Thank you. No Hebrew Charchters when sending Sms.Redmi 4 Pro. Its about a month that this problem is accured. I use googel masanger insted of built in Sms App.
MarshallRawR said:
Do you mean your friend received an empty message? In this case, long press the menu button to access the SMS options, and disable GSM Alphabet.
Thank you MarshallRawR. This solution helped me to solve the problem.

Reactions: bigrr
Thank you MarshallRawR. This solution helped me to solve the problem.

MTK isn't update friendly. It's not really Xiaomi's fault, it's Mediatek. Qualcomm phones always get the Android updates first.

Firstable I tried without success:
-wipe sistem / cache
-Reinstalling the same rom (from upgrades and from twrp) and did not let my do it.

Now finally, when I thought that he had fixed himself by miflash with clean all gemini_global_images_7.4.27 and installed xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_7.4.27, I realize that when they call me the bell does not ring

I rebooted to see if it is fix the ring problem and it did, but the widget problem on my mi5 reappears ...

:confused:

Can anybody tell me the reason of this WEATHER app FETISH. Everytime, every week in the last couple of years, you do sth with this holy weather app. I want to really know the importance of this for Chinese dudes. I mean it really. My Mi note pro after you posted android 7 has lots if bugs. lower ram, apps freeze, etc..but thanks god we have the optimum weather app

Can anybody tell me the reason of this WEATHER app FETISH. Everytime, every week in the last couple of years, you do sth with this holy weather app. I want to really know the importance of this for Chinese dudes. I mean it really. My Mi note pro after you posted android 7 has lots if bugs. lower ram, apps freeze, etc..but thanks god we have the optimum weather app
Bravo, I absolutely agree with you. Perhaps the Chinese have forgotten the rest of the world. I continue to behave and propose Xiaomi products, just recently I bought Power Bank 10000 Pro, Yi Home Cam and more, but for Cell Phones I leave a parenthesis open. Excellent products, but ROM a bit melancholic compared to several months ago

Reactions: Mymymi

Maybe it's something that requires less effort/resources than bug fixing ,and that they think everyone will be too 'wowed' by to notice other deficiencies . Cynical -me ?

Reactions: Stefano131270
i have a problem whit gallery in my redmi 4 pro gallery not work i message cause a crahs i force close whit task manager

Good morning guys, I'm here to review MIDO after 2 days of usage. I had just a shotdown reboot yesterday, but the rom works great! I think that's smoother than global or every other ROM. I've got only one request, change Spotify icon, looks very ugly. For the rest, all is perfect. Thank you @ingbrzy for having endured my continued requests in previous weeks, your work is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.