Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 300 86.2%
  • NO

Votes: 48 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just must create a new miui account to receive that damn sms?
Hi guys, following my post on the previous page, I am trying to unlock the bootloader through the Miui unlock tool, but it says "your device is not supported". Anyone solved this? Thanks.

Did you get a new MIUI account?

As for unlocking officially for the first time, you need to be on an official rom. If you successfully unlock before on official rom, then the unlock works on xiaomi.eu.

You may need to flash an official rom, by EDL mode (if your device supports that method).

Did you get a new MIUI account?

As for unlocking officially for the first time, you need to be on an official rom. If you successfully unlock before on official rom, then the unlock works on xiaomi.eu.

You may need to flash an official rom, by EDL mode (if your device supports that method).

Yes I created a new MIUI account with my friend's number. I completed the security section 100% and received permission via sms. What I have on my Mi4c is MIUI 8.3 by xiaomi.eu - 7.5.11/Developer, and I think it's official (or not?).

Yes I created a new MIUI account with my friend's number. I completed the security section 100% and received permission via sms. What I have on my Mi4c is MIUI 8.3 by xiaomi.eu - 7.5.11/Developer, and I think it's official (or not?).

Why did you tie the account to his number, your device would need to have his sim in it to be able to unlock (I think)! It is not needed, thanks @egold70 for correcting me!
Create an account with your own number.

Xiaomi.eu roms are custom roms and not the official version.

Last edited:
Reactions: mnikolce
Why did you tie the account to his number, your device would need to have his sim in it to be able to unlock (I think)!

Someone told me it's not necessary. Long story short, my number is the secondary number on my personal MIUI account, while my primary number is one I cannot access anymore. I've tried to change it but every code is sent to this number I can't access, so the only solution for me was to create a new account with a new number.

Mi4C - still the same issue with Renault Carmininat bluetooth. It's restarting my radio...
Stable 8.2.3 is working fine with Renault bluetooth radio.
Same issue with my Mi5 64gb and Renault Megane III 2014.
Everything was good till weekly 7.4.20 or 7.4.27 but the last updated broke something.

Reactions: Gaspie
Why did you tie the account to his number, your device would need to have his sim in it to be able to unlock (I think)!

No need for sim in order to unlock
Someone told me it's not necessary. Long story short, my number is the secondary number on my personal MIUI account, while my primary number is one I cannot access anymore. I've tried to change it but every code is sent to this number I can't access, so the only solution for me was to create a new account with a new number.
Device not supported means you`re not on official rom
Is this a first time you try to unlock Mi4c? If yes you need to be on official stable or beta

Device not supported means you`re not on official rom
Is this a first time you try to unlock Mi4c? If yes you need to be on official stable or beta

how can i know if my rom is official? I wrote before, it's MIUI 8.3 by xiaomi.eu 7.5.11/developer. I installed it yesterday downloading it from this topic. I unlocked the bootloader before using a procedure seen on youtube (this one youtube.com/watch?v=ZkBLrn0Dzt4&t=4s) and it worked but it doesn't anymore. If I install an official beta, will I be able to install roms from this forum as well then? Or the bootloader will lock again?

Hello, anybody nows ?Will redmi pro get nougat to in the future ? And will this rom be updated next friday ?

how can i know if my rom is official? I wrote before, it's MIUI 8.3 by xiaomi.eu 7.5.11/developer. I installed it yesterday downloading it from this topic. I unlocked the bootloader before using a procedure seen on youtube (this one youtube.com/watch?v=ZkBLrn0Dzt4&t=4s) and it worked but it doesn't anymore. If I install an official beta, will I be able to install roms from this forum as well then? Or the bootloader will lock again?

That method to unlock is not the official method and only works with earlier rom versions.

Edit: - Make backups of important stuff first and store on external sdcard or your computer if your device doesn't have it.

Steps: -
  1. Flash an official fastboot rom in EDL mode and boot up the device.
  2. Unlock the device using the official method!
  3. Flash TWRP and use it to FLASH Xiaomi.eu (which is a custom rom), if that is what you want.
  4. If on the odd chance your Bootloader gets relocked (happens on android version upgrades), unlock it again using the official method (which will work on xiaomi.eu rom because you have already done it in the above step).

Not many people here, care about devices that have been unlocked unofficially and the hassle they involve.

Last edited:
thanks
That method to unlock is not the official method and only works with earlier rom versions.

3. Flash TWRP and use it to FLASH Xiaomi.eu (which is a custom rom), if that is what you want.
  4. If on the odd chance your Bootloader gets relocked (happens on android version upgrades), unlock it again using the official method (which will work on xiaomi.eu rom because you have already done it in the above step).

Not many people here, care about devices that have been unlocked unofficially and the hassle they involve.

I'll try! I tried the youtube method only because I wanted to avoid using a different number to create a new account. I'll let you know.

Thank you for your response. Got to wait for global rom. The not certified means the device doesn't pass safetynet tests which means some apps won't work like android pay & pokemon go.

No, my mi5 pro passes safetynet with locked bootloader on official global rom but is not certified in playstore. It is not an issue so far while safetynet is well a must for payments. Works only with stable rom, dev do not pass.

Hello, anybody nows ?Will redmi pro get nougat to in the future ? And will this rom be updated next friday ?
ask xiaomi, so far they announced only starting nougat alpha testing on Mi5S 5Splus, mi mix and mi note 2.

my mi5 pro passes safetynet with locked bootloader on official global rom
The problem is only in the fingerprint of the firmware, replacing the fingerprint of the weekly firmware, the fingerprint from the stable should be enough to pass safetynet. On unlocked bootloader сan be solved without modifying /systems using magisk
P.S. But if the bootloader is unlocked, the magisk is probably still needed to hide its status

Friends of the forum. Greetings from Venezuela
I am new here,
I really like Miui, I have it installed in my Lenovo a916, Rom developed by Russian friends.
I am waiting for a Xiaomi Redmi 4A, to experience the advances

Reactions: mnikolce

I tried...and I failed. I flashed the official developer rom in EDL mode, everything ok, but still got the "your device isn't supported" in MIUI unlock tool.

And why don't you use that anymore?
I wanted to go back to MIU for better optimization. Kernel sources not released yet by Xiaomi. Also better battery life when on wifi :). Thinking to switch back as stock looks much better:p.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.