MIUI 8.3 7.5.25

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried with Explorer, the rom was removed, really disturbing.
now download again, and flash new twrp..

Inviato dal mio MI MAX utilizzando Tapatalk
i have solved with update new twrp!

Like every update, download rom, click on select update package, and it will restart in twrp. But this time nothing happened, did not update, so I restart x repeat the operation, but the downloaded rom in the download folder is no longer present .. what can it be? I currently have the 7.5.11 with twrp 3.0.2.0

Same on the Mi5

Reactions: r0cc0
Thanks for your hard work, bit can you please fix - for next update:-

1- security optimisation
So many times phone is lagging slightly. I have already checked permissions.
I open security and scan for issues, it says 74%. Auto- optimisation needs to happen please. It's been the same with all versions of the rom, thanks.

2- cut and paste is not working correctly.

3-built in camera app not taking pictures correctly. Other camera apps work done but this one does not take photo and store it, unless you use a different camera app, thank you.

Have downloaded the Mi5 ROM twice from wwwandroidfilehostcom and successfully updated two Mi5's without problems, using the "manual" method, with TWRP 3.1.0-1 and SuperSU 2.82.

Yeah You're right.
Here's whats happenening:
If you try to install the update via the updater-app the phone asks you to restart the phone to finish installation. Then it offers a restart button.
Press the button and you will reboot into TWRP. and then... nothing happens. no OpenRecoveryScript stuff starts, nothing.
If you try to flash the zip manually now it will say the zip file is corrupted.

What you want to to is download a fresh zip and boot into twrp manually (without trying the updater app).
Then you can install the update inside TWRP without any problem. Whip delvik and cache and you're good to go.

I don't know why it doesn't boot into TWRP via the Updater-app correctly. Something seems to be broken (on my phone?) but I don't know what.

Yeah You're right.
Here's whats happenening:
If you try to install the update via the updater-app the phone asks you to restart the phone to finish installation. Then it offers a restart button.
Press the button and you will reboot into TWRP. and then... nothing happens. no OpenRecoveryScript stuff starts, nothing.
If you try to flash the zip manually now it will say the zip file is corrupted.

What you want to to is download a fresh zip and boot into twrp manually (without trying the updater app).
Then you can install the update inside TWRP without any problem. Whip delvik and cache and you're good to go.

I don't know why it doesn't boot into TWRP via the Updater-app correctly. Something seems to be broken (on my phone?) but I don't know what.
Hi there, the same thing has been lately happening to me with many problems at upgrading time. Finally I got them solved reinstalling twrp 3.0.0, the one I had when we first passed from android 5.1 to 7.0.
So may be it's a problem related to twrp?

Mi4c

Cant change lock screen wallpaper (and carusel) also not home screen (nova and MIUI launcher) Screenshot_2017-05-28-15-56-57-910_com.android.thememanager.png & Video

After flash last dev on my mipad2 first boot is ok

2nd reboot error. I have a bootloop
I tried to enter in recovery but nothing

How can i solve it?

Go only in fastboot

Mipad 2 2/64
Thx in advance for the support
Solved.
Reboot in twrp e reflash rom

I flashed ROM in updater app. It worked fine, rebooted, and after a few hour my screen got black. Touch works, notification light's blinking, but no screen. Please, somebody help me! I cannot see anything in recovery mode also. (Redmi Pro)

Last edited:
Like every update, download rom, click on select update package, and it will restart in twrp. But this time nothing happened, did not update, so I restart x repeat the operation, but the downloaded rom in the download folder is no longer present .. what can it be? I currently have the 7.5.11 with twrp 3.0.2.0

Same on the Mi5

Also if you want to install it manually via TWRP it stops, saying the file is corupted.
Tried both sources.
Also on Mi5

If you want to use updater app method for install updates then you have to make format data first via TWRP. After that updater app method will work without issues (wipe data is not enough). All of your data will be lost including internal storage so make backup first...

are you kidding? Here we talk about updating! Not to format it all!

are you kidding? Here we talk about updating! Not to format it all!

You have to do it only once. Install updates via updater app won't work without format data. Anyway you can also use manually install updates via TWRP. The result will be the same but updater app method more user friendly due to install scripts...

Anyway up to you...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

That's not true, I've always done automatic updates via updater, this time I was having problems, but I fixed them by updating the last version of twrp! He did everything automatically!

That's not true, I've always done automatic updates via updater, this time I was having problems, but I fixed them by updating the last version of twrp! He did everything automatically!

After install ROM update you will get back the TWRP that is integrated in the ROM even if you have updated TWRP previously. Anyway what I said will help for Mi5 users who have updating issue via updater app for sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.