MIUI 8.6 7.6.8/10

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Note Pro:
How is it possible in this last update, things that have always worked will not work?
Updates are to correct bugs, not to return to them
"updates; get old bugs out, put new bugs in"

Sent from my Redmi 3S (land)

Hello, every time I try to update the ROM I get the following error.

I'm on a Note 4X

19141650_1357203694356310_15014185_n.jpg

In redmi not 3 pro when a app asks for permission I can not press allow, it does nothing. I have to press deny and then go to permissions and give it manually. Does anyone have this problem? It was the same in the last week too

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

7.6.8 works well on the mi5s, but it has 3 problems:

1. The camera app shows all the screen in video mode before recording begins, but blocks the right part while recording. See 2 attached screenshots.

2. The waze app doesn't support voice recognition (it does on global miui). See screenshot.

3. The system launcher has no option for more than 4 icons in the screen width. See screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-13-06-53-00-498_com.android.camera.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-13-06-53-00-498_com.android.camera.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 524
  • Screenshot_2017-06-13-06-53-05-804_com.android.camera.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-13-06-53-05-804_com.android.camera.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 485
  • Screenshot_2017-06-13-06-53-33-738_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-13-06-53-33-738_com.android.settings.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 451
  • Screenshot_2017-06-13-06-53-49-827_com.waze.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-13-06-53-49-827_com.waze.png
    187.1 KB · Views: 464
Reactions: Yacine
Thanks for update. On Mi4c 7.6.10 no problems installed from twrp 3.0.3.0 and latest supersu for root.

Am updated 7.2.25. MIUI in my MI6 after updation finger printer not working ,am tried to remove the finger print that also not happening not possible to add more finger print

CHANGELOG

Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
Fix - Wallpaper Carousel description appeared every time the Lock screen was tapped (06-06)

Home screen
Fix - Home screen loaded slowly after a reboot (06-07)

Settings
Optimization - Reduced multiple steps for discovering Bluetooth devices (06-02)
Optimization - Input method animation appears after when search bar is tapped (06-07)
Fix - TalkBack issues (06-07)

- Fixed "OK Google" for Android 7.0
- Added MiMAX2 (oxygen) support
- Added Camera2 API for MI6
- Released Android 7.0 for Mi5s, Mi5SPlus, MiMIX, MiNote2
- Schedule SMS send is back
- MIUI version bumped to 8.6 (Stables 8.5 rolling out)

Added 5x3 layout for Toggles
07k40Vl.png

I've noticed a problem on Mi6 with an automatic contrast. When it's sunny and a brightness is on maximum level, a contrast is still changing (from standard level to high and standard again and again) while swiping on the desktop. The problem doesn't appear when I launch some app.

Confirmed, my Mi6 It's doing the same.

In redmi not 3 pro when a app asks for permission I can not press allow, it does nothing. I have to press deny and then go to permissions and give it manually. Does anyone have this problem? It was the same in the last week too

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
It's a standard Android 6 behavior, because you have an 'overlay' or something. Maybe chat heads? Remove/disable those before proceeding (just put them off. No need to uninstall)

3. The system launcher has no option for more than 4 icons in the screen width. See screenshot.

I can only answer your third issue. Launcher grid options is accessible by long-pressing an empty spot on your launcher (fifth item on the right beside the scroll effect item). Some themes might offer even bigger grids, some of them simply didn't have it (the grid option item just not appearing), so keep that in mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: miguel_android_f
I came here just for this news and what effects it has. This is so big change and news that I believe you should make a new thread for this and clear some open questions. It would help people to find this news and less repetitive questions about it because I believe I am not only one who seeks this information.

Will you update all the devices still or not?
If not, will you still update old builds every week for new/better translations?

I came here just for this news and what effects it has. This is so big change and news that I believe you should make a new thread for this and clear some open questions. It would help people to find this news and less repetitive questions about it because I believe I am not only one who seeks this information.

Will you update all the devices still or not?
If not, will you still update old builds every week for new/better translations?
No They dont. How They can make new roms to all phones, when xiaomi.eu base on china roms. China dev rom suspended and china alfa and beta team too and xiaomi.eu will be suspended for many phones.
If you have phone list suspended phones you dont have update to August.
If You have phone from list china update you will have xiaomi.eu update.

Sent from my MI 5C using Tapatalk

Hi everyone. It seems that the image using the carousel is always the same. Anyone else ?
Yeah wallpaper carousel stops changing image on lock screen after a while...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dogiex
@semmelbroessel I restarted, wiped cache and Art cache, no luck, fingerprints don't work, and I have a lot of small bugs, like to turn an alarm off i can't swipe but I have to disconnect my phone from charging

I have Mi4c with the latest update. I have wifi and data transfer enable all the time. I put the mark on the synhronization and everything, so it should work, but it does not. I do not receive emails in gmail when telephone is in idle. I reveive Viber messages, but not emails in gmail aplication. When I start using it, emails come, but not when ''in sleep mode''. I have turned on every thing that I know. But still nothing. Can somebody help? Thank you.

Hi,

I'm a little noob and i have a question. If i upgrade with this version my android version will be Nougat? i hava a MI5S plus.

Or What should i do to upgrade to android 7?

thanks.

Yeah wallpaper carousel stops changing image on lock screen after a while...

In my observations every time it stops changing images the carousel is disabled in settings, enabling it immediately changes the image and continues to bring new ones

In my observations every time it stops changing images the carousel is disabled in settings, enabling it immediately changes the image and continues to bring new ones
Same here

Having problem when reply to SMS from oversea. Keep showing failed to send. If I delete original SMS and send it as new SMS and it will go through.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.