MIUI 8.6 7.6.8/10

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, reboot fixed it. Strange that you need to reboot after the update reboot :D
Rebooting the device fixed the lockscreen fingerprint

however my bank app still doens't work with the fingerprint.
It says scan a finger but then it doesn't seem to respond.

I did the update through the updater from 6.0 > 7.0
No clear or wipe cache or reset device

After TWRP clear cache/dalvik, everything works ok

Last edited:
@ingbrzy: can you make the transparent status bar optionable? The problem is with many modern apps who turn the status bar white, but the icon color doesn't switch, so you can't see them. You can see this with apps like Instagram, Twitter (after 7 redesign), Feedly.

MI4 china weekly beta rom 7.6.14 release, work fine.

Sent from my MI 5C using Tapatalk

How to update MI5 to Android 7.0 from Android 6.0:
- Install LATEST Android 6.0 release for MI5 6.11.10
- Install TWRP 3.0.2.3 or ZCX
- Reboot to new TWRP
- Install Android 7.0 release
- Reboot - Never wipe /system partition manually!
- Done
- In case of any issues, make factory reset via system settings
- For ROOT on Android 7.0 install SuperSU 2.82

Hi Ingbrzy,

I own a Mi 5s. To update to Android 7 should I follow that steps or just downloading the xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5S_V8.5.2.0.MAGCNED_v8-6.0.zip and flashing it with the tool is enough?

Hi Ingbrzy,

I own a Mi 5s. To update to Android 7 should I follow that steps or just downloading the xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5S_V8.5.2.0.MAGCNED_v8-6.0.zip and flashing it with the tool is enough?
All I did was download the rom and update using the updater.
after the update clear cache/dalvik though, seems to fix some issues regarding fingerprint

Reactions: Bline
I'm repeating my 2 cents about MI5S 7.6.8 (installed on 3GB/64GB):

1. The video camera has a large black bar surrounding the red record button while recording videos, blocking a large part of the screen that will be recorded.

2. Waze doesn't support voice instructions at all. I've checked this with other versions of EU MIUI and it's the same, but under global MIUI it works!
I've found a solution - install the app 'Google' from Google play store. Yes, Google named one of their apps with the name of the company - 'Google'. Install, reboot, it should work!

3. I had one random reboot.

4. I didn't get any option for more icons on the desktop, but it doesn't matter - all you need is to download a theme off the internet that supports the given layout of icons you want, and apply it. Then you go to customize from the the theme menu and use another theme's icons. It'll keep the layout from the theme with many icons, but will show you the icons from the theme you like more. Easy solution.

Anyway, I'm back to stable EU MIUI 8.5.x due to the video camera bug and the annoying random reboot. 8.5 works great btw.

I'm Italian, sorry for my English. Has anyone had any problems with the hotspot function on MI5S Plus?
Thanks

Thanks for the reply.
Can you please instruct me on how to do it? Also, a backup is a full system backup with system? At any time with any ROM I can just apply that backup and it's done?

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk
Go to TWRP recovery slide right and select backup,now You can choose whatever to backup,I select all,select location SDcard,press backup, now system is also backed-up.now reboot device. Go to settings,advanced settings choose backup and backup your apps and settings. This Will not be erased afther clean restore. Download the rom You want, I have file Explorer app from Playstore with root.I Place the download zip on my SDCard.Go to TWRP again,go to wipe and advanced wipe,select wipe cache/dalvik,cache,and if you want clean install select also data and system.Press wipe.Go to home screen of TWRP and select format data,type"yes" wipe data.Now go to home TWRP and press install.Choose location SDcard and select downloaded rom ,swipe right.The rom Will be installed.wait to reboot till it says finished. Reboot system.Wait 5 min..rom is now flashed.If You want root also installatie supersu zip with TWRP. Go to TWRP choose install and select supersu zip file (here on forum)wipe cache, dalvik cache.reboot. Now your rom is rooted

Last edited:
Reactions: tunsfisch and HidRo
Does anybody have a problem with sound only playing on the earpiece?
I haven't figured out yet but I think is after making a call on the loud speaker, after that the sound of YouTube, or any other app only plays on the ear speaker, strangely enough I can still make calls on loudspeaker.
I stop been able to change everything sound related when pushing the volume buttons as shown in the picture.
The only way to stop this is with a reboot :/
I have the Rom 7.6.8, I don't know if it was corrected in 7.6.10
e8d262ef174c649a04e334590b8fe146.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Go to TWRP recovery slide right and select backup,now You can choose whatever to backup,I select all,select location SDcard,press backup, now system is also backed-up.now reboot device. Go to settings,advanced settings choose backup and backup your apps and settings. This Will not be erased afther clean restore. Download the rom You want, I have file Explorer app from Playstore with root.I Place the download zip on my SDCard.Go to TWRP again,go to wipe and advanced wipe,select wipe cache/dalvik,cache,and if you want clean install select also data and system.Press wipe.Go to home screen of TWRP and select format data,type"yes" wipe data.Now go to home TWRP and press install.Choose location SDcard and select downloaded rom ,swipe right.The rom Will be installed.wait to reboot till it says finished. Reboot system.Wait 5 min..rom is now flashed.If You want root also installatie supersu zip with TWRP. Go to TWRP choose install and select supersu zip file (here on forum)wipe cache, dalvik cache.reboot. Now your rom is rooted
Perfect explanation! Thanks a lot!

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nxkealen
Hi, i'm a noob and i need help... I have a mi5s 128gb/4gb with last realased available with android 6 (7.5.11), and i would like to upgrade to android 7, what i need to do for do it properly ? i need to format my data ? i'm scared i don't want to lose all... if someone can tell me the procedure... thanks :)

Sau khi lên android 7.0 thì máy không đồng bộ được OneNote của Microsoft. Mong ad fix lỗi đó giùm

for last 2 roms that i downloaded for mi4c(last 2 versions, i wasnt able to update because i came across with an error about dispatching files, they both have same problem, then my unlocker bootloader and root has gone away, i had to unlock bootloader and root, now i am using 2 versions before from now, because others have a problem, BUT the main thing is, i am playing a game on it and i was so smooth after i got the error(btw the phone opened after flashing it but had some problems), that error rom was the best performance rom i have ever used, i was complaining about my phone in other forums but people always say its so fast, i have never seen this phone fast enough, and it has lg g4 processor

1. if someone know why do i have that smooth performance even i got error while flashing the rom, please share so maybe i can do something
2. Is there any way to pass this error, i dont know why its happening? i am using twrp flash

MI 4s crash on call accept/reject/ignore.

Ignoring or rejecting a call does not crash the phone, but the phone won't longer accept calls (User will not notice any call and the caller will get phone not picked up signal). Accepting the call freezes the CallUI and after ±1 minute the whole system crashes and reboots.

Does not always work with known numbers (±50% chance), but calling as a hidden phone number will cause this crash 100% of the them.

Syslog: https ://pastebin .com/UxQLt48V
(Remove spaces)

Hello!
i have the same problem since the first android 7 version on Mi Max....No google voice output, i tried all.....
Same for me. Until 7.6.8 OK Google work 1 time on 10. Since 7.6.8 work 9 times on 10 but no voice output since Android 7 on mi max 64go

Envoyé de mon MI MAX en utilisant Tapatalk

is cancro and other devices listed for temporarily beta stop devices getting updates as normally in meantime or here also have break for those devices??

is cancro and other devices listed for temporarily beta stop devices getting updates as normally in meantime or here also have break for those devices??

Check yourself

For MIUI Global Beta ROM users:
Update suspended temporarily for the following devices (From 12th June to August, including Closed/Open Beta):
Mi 2/2S / Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Redmi 3/Prime / Redmi 2 / Redmi 2 Prime / Redmi 4A / Redmi Note 3 SE / Redmi Note 4 MTK / Mi 4i / Redmi Note 2 / Redmi Note 4G / Redmi Note Prime / Mi Note

Update for the following devices releases as usual (Including Closed/Open Beta):
Mi MIX / Redmi Note 4X/Qualcomm / Mi 5 / Mi Max 32G / Mi Max 64G(128G) / Redmi 4X / Mi Note 2 / Mi 5s / Mi 5s Plus / Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm / Redmi 3X/Redmi 3S/Prime

For MIUI China Developer/Alpha ROM users:
Update suspended temporarily for the following devices (From 12th June to August, including Closed/Open Dev/Alpha):
Mi 2/2S / Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi Note / Mi Pad 1 / Mi Pad 2 / Google Nexus 5 / Redmi 1 / Redmi 1S / Redmi 2 / Redmi 2A / Redmi 2 Prime / Redmi 3 / Redmi 3S/3X / Redmi 4A / Redmi 4 / Redmi 4 Prime / Redmi Pro / Redmi Note 4 / Redmi Note 3G / Redmi Note 4G / Redmi Note Prime / Redmi Note 2 / Redmi Note 3 MTK / Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm

Update for the following devices releases as usual (Including Closed/Open Dev/Alpha):
Mi 6 / Mi Note 2 / Mi MIX / Mi 5c / Mi 5s / Mi 5s Plus / Mi 5 / Mi 4S / Mi 4c / Mi Max 2 / Mi Max 64G(128G) / Mi Max 32G / Mi Note Pro / Redmi Note 4X/Qualcomm / Redmi 4X

Reactions: minotavros
Mi4s

So, i can't connect OBD2 scanner. Connection failed, and can't see window for input PIN.

Scanner 100% work on other device (ASUS and Samsung), and it work when i not delete it.
I delete accidentally it from my bluetooth connection and i dont know, what can i do now.

And all bluetooth devices with connection PIN i can't use.

Mi6 have wifi problem. Wifi connection is fully strong but very slow!!!:eek::eek::eek::(:(:mad::mad:

Rear Camera AutoFocus problem sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.