MIUI 9 7.8.24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice my miband2 once awhile. I will need to restart the bluetooth service on my mi6.
Anyone encountering such issue?

Mi4c. After two days of use everything's running smoothly. Battery life it's pretty much the same but the device heats less with the two MIUI 9 ROM's tested than with MIUI 8.6. Really enjoying MIUI 9.

Hi mate,

have you problems with the sim card recognizing?

I've uptade mi mi4c with this rom (7.8.24), and now my sim card is not detected... neither 1 or 2 slot.
Any idea?

Reactions: Joranz
@ingbrzy Can you fix that Google icon? That is not Goggle app icon, it is Google Home app icon.
v8rdTkM.png

Hi mate,

have you problems with the sim card recognizing?

I've uptade mi mi4c with this rom (7.8.24), and now my sim card is not detected... neither 1 or 2 slot.
Any idea?

I notice two or three times (also on 7.8.17) that SIM 1 at certain moment disappear without doing nothing.
Sometimes i can disable and enable in settings, but sometimes SIM 1 is no more present and i need to reboot.

Mi5s.

The new DND mode is a problem.
Now the active and the music does not play.
On the contrary, if you activate the "MUTE" mode, the focus changes and the volume drops (spotify).
In the previous DND mode, the music played and all notifications were muted. There was no change of focus.

Is there any way to fix that?

Thank you

I noticed that, when i receive few emails to the same account, the notification in lockscreen shows me the number of emails but not the related account. Is it a bug?

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4X utilizzando Tapatalk

I installed the ROM over xiaomi.eu Stable with clear cache/Dalwik. No problems at all with the installation. The phone behaves absolutely gorgeous. Lightning fast app launch, no "Wait a second" when changing themes. Great at all.
What I want to ask is about Smart manager - I read somewhere it will be available in chinese versions. Since the ROM for mi4c is based on China dev rom, should it be there or no.
The other question is about 2 finger swipe on notification for reply. I tried it both with email and SMS notification, but it doesn't work or I don't know how to swipe wtih 2 fingers.
Thanks again for the great work both to xiaomi and xiaomi.eu developers.
Best

Reactions: Adeolu
Hello guys. If I have changed my mind regarding xiaomi.eu ROM, can I change back to the official one with fastboot method? Shall I clear TWRP out with official Recovery or the Xiaomi tool will do every part to reinstall back everything? :)
Yes you can change back to official one without drama. It will clear like a brand new one.

Mi4c. Can any user of this device check if it's still possible to take pictures/movies with the screen off, by holding volume down, with this update? Thanks in advance.

It's possible. But you don't hold it down, theres a setting allowing the camera to start by double tapping volume down.
I think it works out nice :). Another setting makes camera take a picture when pressing volume down once when the app is started.

Mi5s.

The new DND mode is a problem.
Now the active and the music does not play.
On the contrary, if you activate the "MUTE" mode, the focus changes and the volume drops (spotify).
In the previous DND mode, the music played and all notifications were muted. There was no change of focus.

Is there any way to fix that?

Thank you

I would also like a mute function where everything plays except the notifications (when at work or if someone spams e-mails or whatever)

Have you deleted System too?
Are you sure you have enough battery?
have the phone on charger for a few hours
Copy the rom on external SD card
Once in fastboot, just fastboot twrp and reboot in twrp and install from sd card.

Thanks for your help!

My replies:
Have you deleted System too? I don't think so, I made the same procedure as each time.
Are you sure you have enough battery? Yes, almost full.
have the phone on charger for a few hours ? In progress. The notification LED blinked a half second when I connected the plug, then nothing.
Copy the rom on external SD card. No SD Card on this phone.
Once in fastboot, just fastboot twrp and reboot in twrp and install from sd card. My problem is how to start the fastboot. "Power" + "Vol. -/+" is not efficient.
Thanks again.

Hervé

Battery drain very fast, Lots of bugs, fix notifications sound line, notifications sound and auto brightness not working properly, erase data in some app and games, bugs in games with obb
Redmi Note 4x

Hmm... Headphones are not detected on Mi5 pro. I've tested with both Piston and Samsung ones and both work in my Mi Pad 3.
Previous version worked.

Are you gonna realese 8.5.4.0 rom for Mi 5s? Just to know to wait or just to install 8.5.3.0....

Status
Not open for further replies.