MIUI 9 7.8.31

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ingbrzy is OTA always coming in a full rom package, or just especially this 7.8.31 build? I've got that OTA notif, but I thought it would be some size just for updating the rom like the usual miui glob/china dev weekly updates

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

I cannot install OTA updates. It downloads them and then opens some explorer app to select the update file, but there is no update file. Same happened on the last update.

I have rooted Mi5s

I have 7.8.24, via updater i download it, and when i choose package it says it will retart and go in recovery mode but it doesn't, just restarts. :((( I might have to do clean install again. will lose all data again... PLS HELP! Bootloader is unlocked but i didnt root my phone. Dont know how,

Last edited:
@ingbrzy is OTA always coming in a full rom package, or just especially this 7.8.31 build? I've got that OTA notif, but I thought it would be some size just for updating the rom like the usual miui glob/china dev weekly updates

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk
Full rom.

+1 for me ! : no possibility to force from cellular. Sad when u have LTE !

how to force downloading OTA using cellular data? they always ask for wifi download.
fb733402471b3e29b0fccc6311800edf.jpg
16d197c5a399b3b6df269d69fac7ccba.jpg

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk

I want a password when turning off and restarting the phone.
The button is inactive until a password is entered
With samsung already, and this gives extra security when unlocked bootloader.

Reactions: gian569
after update system seems to feel sluggish.. everything is like on small lag.. i can feel it.. 7.8.24 felt much more smoother redmi note 4x

i downloaded ota update but it redirects you in file explorer where i find a rom file of 800mb not 1.2gb as stated, indeed when i launch the flash it fails and reboots.....this sucks

I have 7.8.24, via updater i download it, and when i choose package it says it will retart and go in recovery mode but it doesn't, just restarts. :((( I might have to do clean install again. will lose all data again... PLS HELP! Bootloader is unlocked but i didnt root my phone. Dont know how,

Root doesn't matter it not needed at all...

OTA is ready for download but i cant test it, they forcing to use wifi, i dont have any wifi here

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk

You missed this:

"Updater
New - Allow download zip on mobile data"

So you can test it via mobile data ;)

I have a problem with the rear camera. I can't focus with this camera. The front camera work's ok.

Whith the previus rom miui 8 the camera was ok.

the thone is a Mi4C.

GPS
Optimize - GPS wasn't stable (08-29)

Really?!? I'm using it for some days on my Mi5 and it's very stable and faster than EVER!! I'm a bit scared to update :p

Hi guys.
Latest version has less free ram then the previous version and it is much slower then before... Anyone facing this?

Hi guys.
Latest version has less free ram then the previous version and it is much slower then before... Anyone facing this?
exactly, it feels sluggish and lags a bit, and when you open couple of apps, free ram is 800mb out of 3gb well thats for my redmi note 4x

after update system seems to feel sluggish.. everything is like on small lag.. i can feel it.. 7.8.24 felt much more smoother redmi note 4x
Hi guys.
I`d suggest to give the system some time after the update, it gets faster

Hello!
I've got two problems:
On google play, the apps doesnt auto updates, and on the google photos, when i want to update a photo it says "waiting for wifi".
Is there a solution for this. I've read some Waiting for wifi problem, but that was with the google play, not the google photos, and i havent find any problems with google play auto update.

Status
Not open for further replies.