MIUI 9 7.9.14/15

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
< Mi Max Prime >

Sadly, 7.9.14 still does not bring back the Silent and the DND and Brightness toggle to Mi Max Prime.

l6bbQ1R.png
:(

Last edited:
Users Miui 9 xiaomi.eu
How it work on Redmi 4 - Prada and Mi Max - Hydrogen?
I have last Miui 8 Dev xiaomi.eu for this phones.
Any bugs, issues? Recommended install miui9 xiaomi.eu to Prada and Hydrogen?

Sent from my MI 5C using Tapatalk

Why is xiaomi.eu still on the china dev/stable since Miui9?

I mean they already release weekly global for MIUI9, when will the switch to global will be done?

Why is xiaomi.eu still on the china dev/stable since Miui9?

I mean they already release weekly global for MIUI9, when will the switch to global will be done?
? What do You mean? No stable miui9.

Menu - Back buttons swapping option has been added back last week already...or do you mean long press button for open recent apps?
Menu button = Show menu - there is only the option for the long press, not as it was before. There should be the option to have it as before. Otherwise why call it the menu button?

With the position of the three dots/lines (menu) changing from app to app, it is much easier to use the menu button. I use the 'menu' far more frequently than the 'recents'. So it makes sense to have the short press for menu, and the long press for recents; or at least to have that option.

? What do You mean? No stable miui9.

MIUI has two versions: global and china

Xiaomi.EU was on the global branch until MIUI9, then they switch to china somehow. Maybe because the first weeks only china MIUI9 was released. But now they already release weekly Global-Rom.

The advantage of global is a bit more debloating. Xiaomi already removed some of the bloatware like the china play store , etc. The global version is made for ... yeah global usage, china for china.

Xiaomi.EU was on the global branch until MIUI9, then they switch to china somehow. Maybe because the first weeks only china MIUI9 was released. But now they already release weekly Global-Rom.

The advantage of global is a bit more debloating. Xiaomi already removed some of the bloatware like the china play store , etc. The global version is made for ... yeah global usage, china for china.

As far as I can remember, even in MIUI 8, EU has always been based on China developer ROM.

That's why they always mention no Chinese text etc in every release.

WARNING: Redmi Note 2 Bootloop

I install 7.9.14 over 7.9.7/8 with the updater app.

Now the phone does not pass the MI logo.

The phone does not enter recovery mode or fastboot mode with key combinations.

Hello, thanx for the work

I want to install this on my rn3 mtk. Does it really fix the GPS in europe. It has been a terríble experience so far using this phone for navigation. Your location point always off the road. Lol

I never really understood why Xiaomi opted to update their miui versions, but leave the Android version always on Lollipop....

Does it have to do with the chip? I know There are some people working on marshmallow, nougat and even oreo versions for this phone

Thanx a lot

WARNING: Redmi Note 2 Bootloop

I install 7.9.14 over 7.9.7/8 with the updater app.

Now the phone does not pass the MI logo.

The phone does not enter recovery mode or fastboot mode with key combinations.
download ROM again.. boot into TWRP and select install..

Hello, thanx for the work

I want to install this on my rn3 mtk. Does it really fix the GPS in europe. It has been a terríble experience so far using this phone for navigation. Your location point always off the road. Lol

I never really understood why Xiaomi opted to update their miui versions, but leave the Android version always on Lollipop....

Does it have to do with the chip? I know There are some people working on marshmallow, nougat and even oreo versions for this phone

Thanx a lot
MTK = Bad choice... next time, buy Qcom...

No! Xiaomi.eu miui7/8 and now Miui9 are base on china miui roms.
Xiaomi.eu dev base on china dev, xiaomi.eu stable on china stable.
Global is different rom.
Howewer there are expetions. Xiaomi.eu roms for Redmi Note 3 SE - Kate base on Global miui rom, because for this phone not exist china rom.

Thanks you for the answer. I happen to have bought the phone right when it came out. There was only mtk at that time

Next time i will buy qualcomm. Thanx
I also experience gps problem in my last mtk devices. Then, I bought qualcomn. Problem solved.

I do not think so that nothing is important in changes:

- Android security patch level updated to 2017-08-01 (Mi5)
- Maximum brightness issue fixed when open Gallery image via Camera app
- Single (Home) button navigation mode is back
- Music widget added
- DND/Silent modes revamped
- DND toggle is back

Many users was complaining because of these last week, now is here...
Do you use WhatsApp? Can you take a picture using flash front camera (the screen gets white for that) see if goes OK. Because first miui9 Roms photo is taken after white screen of... Ehhe ;)

And about battery life? Say something then.

Thanks.

Mi4c 3/32 here.

Just flashed 7.9.14, so far so good. First thing I noticed is the rom runs much much smoother than last week's one. Really, I've flashed every weekly rom and this is one of the few times when there's a noticeable improvement in overall fluidity. Great!
Still need to get used to the menu button that is not a menu button anymore... :(

Small bug (not really a bug actually, just cosmetic): in Updater app the shown changelog is referred to 7.8.31 rom, instead of 7.9.14.

As always, keep up the good work! Kudos to all EU team!

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

notice in new update in mi 5 i dont know if its just me.but when i browse or open youtube its slower to respond

this dont happen in previous version

Status
Not open for further replies.