MIUI 9 7.9.7/8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on Mi Max Prime running 7.9.8!

All work great and Supersu 2.82 works perfectly too!

Thank you again!

7.9.8 HMNote4X, MI5S, MI5c, MIMAXPro, MIMAX, MINote2 RELEASED
- Added HW buttons swap option
I downloaded the file for Mi Note 2 and it still has the same MD5 checksum as the file I downloaded on Friday.

What are 'HW' buttons? Does the menu button now function correctly? Because the checksum still appears to be the same I wonder if the file has changed. The file name is still the same, ie. the same date.

I downloaded the file for Mi Note 2 and it still has the same MD5 checksum as the file I downloaded on Friday.

What are 'HW' buttons? Does the menu button now function correctly? Because the checksum still appears to be the same I wonder if the file has changed. The file name is still the same, ie. the same date.
Ah - I see. The new file is only available on the last of the three download links. But it still has the same name.
How about giving it a different name to avoid any confusion?

Warning!

Be careful using the Cleaner App!

It selected my TWRP backups as items it wanted to clean!

Edit: - New cleaner definitions of "Tencent" if you use that over "Clean Master", your TWRP backup on sdcard will be selected.

Have not found a way to make an exception for the folder!

Instructions to add it to exceptions can be found here! Thanks to @graw2 :)

Last edited:
Warning!

Edit: - New cleaner definitions of "Tencent" if you use that over "Clean Master", your TWRP backup on sdcard will be selected.

Can confirm it. Accidently deleted my old orignal backup with that.
Hope Xiaomi will except the typical backup files or folders by default in near future in the cleaning functions. It seems really dangerous at the moment.
Thank you for the warning idea here.

7.9.8 HMNote4X, MI5S, MI5c, MIMAXPro, MIMAX, MINote2 RELEASED
- Added HW buttons swap option
when can add quick card function?can u juz ported the china rom quick card to this rom?bcoz the function is good enough for us........ sry if i say something wrong and my bad english too,,,,,,

Reactions: jmrush
Warning!

You can add any folder to cleaner exceptions. Once folder selected in cleaner (eg. TWRP backup) just tap on it and choose add to exceptions and it will never listed in cleaner again:

927242411f1a784e2f14efbf57ae4af4.jpg

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Missing quite a few widgets for some reason, in particular a Bluetooth toggle widget on the home screen on my (unrooted) Note 3SE (Kate)

I had installed Beautiful Widgets and for some reason I can now only see a very limited amout of widgets to install. Bluetooh one is gone completely. WiFi one still there, I can remove it from the home screen and re - apply it no problem. Tried rebooting, uninstalling the app and reinstalling but the problem persists.To make matters worse, if I install any other Bluetooth toggle widget from Play Store it works until the phone gets locked and when I unlock it the widget no longer works! The built-in MIUI widgets have exactly the same problem, Bluetooth Widget is gone.

Grrrrrr. Not the end of the world but almost.....! Hopefully can be fixed at some point, not tech savvy so no idea whats causing it.

Bah - menu button still not bringing up the menu. Maybe next week's update will sort it.

Thank you! Installed on my Mi Pad 3 :)

I restore my backup (done in Settings-Backup... in MIUI) but I had to configure again some apps options, is there a better backup option?

can still translate the menu control keys? miui.su already translated,you translate them using?

After flashing 7.9.7(MIUI 9) (I had stable MIUI 8) on Redmi Note 4X(Qualcomm) my call speaker(near front camera) stoped working , it was working fine before, now I can only take calls in loud speakers.

Does anyone have a fix?
Flashed 7.9.8 and still the repeater doesn't work... It's probably hardware probem... Phone gás warranty(got it from Gbest) but I changed the time, is it possible to restore global ROM(the original) so they don't denied me warranty?

Bah - menu button still not bringing up the menu. Maybe next week's update will sort it.
Yeah but at least showing menu can be configured for long press menu button...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Is it possible to reassign hw-buttons since first miui9 update?
It would be nice, of we could assign the buttons also for short tapping, not only for long pressing.
I'm still missing
menu - with menubutton
toggle apps - with long pressing home button

It has been released but has few bugs. Widgets aren't working, and swiping left notifications neither.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Swiping left on notification works perfectly just "Notifications folder" has to be enabled first...

Flashed 7.9.8 and still the repeater doesn't work... It's probably hardware probem... Phone gás warranty(got it from Gbest) but I changed the time, is it possible to restore global ROM(the original) so they don't denied me warranty?
By the way when I was on 7.9.7 the repeater didn't work, but now on 7.9.8 neither the repeater nor the speaker works(no audio on YouTube/facebook, but notifications sound works it works in call too with speakers option... Weird problem is weird

Is it possible to reassign hw-buttons since first miui9 update?
It would be nice, of we could assign the buttons also for short tapping, not only for long pressing.
I'm still missing
menu - with menubutton
toggle apps - with long pressing home button

Imo 'one tap on menu button for showing menu' feature won't be back for sure because 'double tap on recents button for open previous app' feature would not work in this case...

What i must do for OTA? Some people have update for 7.9.8 but I have information Your MIUI is latest. I have Note 4X

Status
Not open for further replies.