MIUI 9 7.9.7/8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This rom works fine on my rn3pro but it's heating alot just on browsing..is this normal? do i have to flash the firmware of the rom or something?( i clean flashed this rom and came from LOS 14.1)

Thanks for the update!
@ingbrzy , when will it be possible to change the right-slide functionality on the lock screen, like it was in 8?
That is the thing that's missing the most.
Cheers.

i already updated to 7.9.8 - great rom, i love it.

Some issue: i flashed with SuperSu and now i have to apps in the SuperSu app which were allowed to open, but i don´t know what is this.
Some explanations? Is this dangerous?

30340677uu.jpg
30340727po.jpg

Last edited:
one more issue: (i am living in Portugal, operator/carrier is MEO

on the statusbar - carrier name before (with the MIUI 9 Global beta dev) it showed the provider-name (carrier) and 4G

but now it shows also provider-name, but LTE.

What means this for me? As my fone has band 20, the 4G information was correct, i think.

What means now the LTE? I have to change something in the settings? If yes, where and how i have to change.

I hope, this is nothing to worry about and i don´t have fone connections with lower quality or more expensive.

one more issue: (i am living in Portugal, operator/carrier is MEO

on the statusbar - carrier name before (with the MIUI 9 Global beta dev) it showed the provider-name (carrier) and 4G

but now it shows also provider-name, but LTE.

What means this for me? As my fone has band 20, the 4G information was correct, i think.

What means now the LTE? I have to change something in the settings? If yes, where and how i have to change.

I hope, this is nothing to worry about and i don´t have fone connections with lower quality or more expensive.

4G is the generic marketing terminology, whilst LTE (Long Term Evolution) is the correct technical terminology.
If you look up the Technology specifications from www.3gpp.org you will see the official technical abbreviation is LTE and LTE-A or LTE+ for the so-called "4.5G".

You have not been downgraded or suffer any performance degradation, it is that the Global ROM uses the generic marketing term instead of the technology designator, the latter being tbe more "correct".

@GreasyMonkey1960 thanks, ok good.

do you have also an information about the 2 apps shown in SuperSu in my earlier post the page before?
Hi,
Sorry, no ideas on that. I checked my SuperSU install, I have none of those AppUser cases - only the few Apps that I need root are listed.
My expertise is on the RF and Radio Access Network side, rather than software/apps area.

Reactions: tombraga
Status
Not open for further replies.