Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But why? You can just install AdAway as a normal APK.

Hosts file located in system partition so basically root needed to change this file manually, but no root needed for flashable zip version just flashing through TWRP recovery, so it is advantage for non root users....

Anyway I don't use adaway or any adblocker, I always pay for apps that are important for me in order to get them ad free...

Hi

It's not only for free versions, it's essentially to hide ads and commercials advices in web browsing.

Envoyé de mon Redmi 4X en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi!
Anyone use Samsung Gear? After update on 8-1-18 "Samsung Galaxy Apps" stopped work (just blank white screen). Also I can't open store with another watch faces.
How to solve it?

redmi 4 pro 3/32

Hosts file located in system partition so basically root needed to change this file manually, but no root needed for flashable zip version just flashing through TWRP recovery, so it is advantage for non root users....
Oh, I see.
Anyway I don't use adaway or any adblocker, I always pay for apps that are important for me in order to get them ad free...
I actually use AdAway to block ads while browser. Nothing more annoying than being shoved popups while trying to browse.

Thanks a lot for your work :)
After flashed your zip I noticed only a bug: charger sound is played although I setted it off in settings menù; but I can live with it (or try to recompile MIUISystem.apk) :)

Same here...so in summary the notification mod (replacing files from global build) has 3 minor side effect only:

- Charging sound switch loses its function
- Mi Drop toggle disappears from notification shade
- Switching to separate "notifications & toggles layout" mode has no effect

Last edited:
Reactions: Soebianto
Same here...so in summary the notification mod (replacing files from global build) has two minor side effect only:

- Charging sound switch loses its function
- Mi Drop toggle disappears from notification shade
And also, Separate mode for "Notifications & toggles layout" won't work properly.

Last edited:
And also, Combined mode for "Notifications & toggles layout" won't work properly.

ok thx, edited and added but I guess you thought to "separate" mode (just because no issue with combined "Notifications & toggles layout" mode)

But why? You can just install AdAway as a normal APK.

In my case, some of financial apps refuse to run if i root my phone, and since the only thing I need from rooting is the ads blocking when browsing..i choose the twrp zip flashing method.

In my case, some of financial apps refuse to run if i root my phone, and since the only thing I need from rooting is the ads blocking when browsing..i choose the twrp zip flashing method.
Just for your information: Magisk root can be hidden from sensitive applications. Two bank applications ("sberbank" + "tinkoff") and "samsung pay" can not find root on my phone.

Reactions: Soebianto
Hi!
Anyone use Samsung Gear? After update on 8-1-18 "Samsung Galaxy Apps" stopped work (just blank white screen). Also I can't open store with another watch faces.
How to solve it?

redmi 4 pro 3/32
I think Samsung Gear isn't compatible to Android Oreo. I chatted with support (have a Gear Fit 2) and got the answer, that Samsung devices don't officially have Oreo (S8 in Beta Stage). It wasn't a clear "No", but that was what she wants to say with that I think.

That's the reason I will update my Mix 2 only when Samsung Gear is officially compatible with Android Oreo. This gonna happen after S8 reaching Android Oreo I think.

Or is here anyone knowing more or using Gear with Oreo?

Reactions: krasnoff
Nope, I didn't install Global ROM, here are my steps :
1. Download and extract the global dev rom.
2. Deodex the rom
3. Take these files and make it into flashable zip.
4. Flash

Could it be adapted for other miui 9? In stable 9.1.3.0 the system does not start after flashing the zip.
Edit: I mean the zip of notifications

Last edited:
Reactions: teo_xrn3

So if you flash adaway true TWRP you don't need root to get it working?

Could it be adapted for other miui 9? In stable 9.1.3.0 the system does not start after flashing the zip.

These zips are intended and tested on xiaomi.eu DEV ROM, guess they simply don't work on stable rom.

What is the stable rom you're using? what device?

Reactions: Arjano
Status
Not open for further replies.