8.1.25 V2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi after i installed the update my doesnt change the Language it is on English and not in my Mothertongue!
Redmi Note 2

Still no Notificationsound and -light on Gmail. V2 on Mi mix2.
Apart from that, everything is fine ;)

Hi, I set the language to "french". The UI-language changed to french but the language in the settings still remains "english". Not a big thing, maybe only a "reminder" for next version, thanks.
system update in about phone doesn't open
System apps updater in menu doens't open

HMNote2

Reinstall the second version of rom , fix the FC for the camera , but when I try to make a photo in 16:9 and hdr , the same bug FC , only 4:3 work , and the bug of the language change, in restart, continue

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

Hello guys,

I guess many people around here did not notice this issue on Xiaomi devices. Not Xiaomi.eu ROM, the problem is on MIUI side.

Many Xiaomi Devices including the new MiA1 don't have Carrier Aggregation on inter-band although many chips (most of them) support it. Xiaomi is not even answering to the bug report on MIUI forums: http://en.miui.com/thread-557855-1-1.html

If you can go there and show some support would be nice. Just because in Europe most Carriers are starting to use the so called 4G+ which support two carrier signals "doubling" the bandwidth and reaching some crazy 4G speeds (100+Mbps) just search it ;-)

But apparently there is some misconfiguration on modem settings. I read somewhere that flashing some new configs to the modem partition would fix it, but no clear thread showing that :-(

Honestly is sad that Xiaomi is turning back on their users, I find this issue very concerning and probably leaving me with no other choice to start choosing other brands...

Oh another thing, for some reason I read also that lineage OS do not have this issue but I will still confirm it.

Have a nice weekend and thanks for this ROM!!

I'm sure it's possible to port the notifications on Oreo as well, but not in the way you're doing it. Using the whole framework files is a bad approach and no wonder it doesn't work properly. The frameworks are not interchangeable and many resources have completely different IDs.

It's interesting that they don't have a standard framework for one system like one framework for the whole miui 9 dev rom branch so when they change or fix something on the framework level, all devices using the same framework will get it, wonder what is the point of having a framework that's diferent for each device.

But obviously that's not the case, the disappering notification bug was fixed on 8.1.18 dev rom Mi Max 2, other devices on 8.1.25.

So far I only encountered these 3 side effects on my Mi Max 2 with Global Notif, and lucky me I don't use these features..so for me is so far so good..

Last edited:
It is there

Settings>extra settings>privacy>trusted agents

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MIX 2 met Tapatalk

I know that, but there is no configuration menu. It's there, doing nothing. How can I reach the menu you can see in the screenshot?

Attachments

• smart lock.jpg
    smart lock.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 404
After upgrade from 8.1.18, my Mix2 is extremely slow now. Dialer opens 4-5 seconds...SMS - about the same, everything is laggy. Already rebooted 3 times, still the same

PS. Even calculater takes 2-3 seconds...

It is possible download Gallery Features??
are the issues solved ? :

Redmi Note 4X and Redmi Note 3 SE :

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

After upgrade from 8.1.18, my Mix2 is extremely slow now. Dialer opens 4-5 seconds...SMS - about the same, everything is laggy. Already rebooted 3 times, still the same

PS. Even calculater takes 2-3 seconds...
8.1.25 v2 has same lag?

Hello guys,

I guess many people around here did not notice this issue on Xiaomi devices. Not Xiaomi.eu ROM, the problem is on MIUI side.

Many Xiaomi Devices including the new MiA1 don't have Carrier Aggregation on inter-band although many chips (most of them) support it. Xiaomi is not even answering to the bug report on MIUI forums: http://en.miui.com/thread-557855-1-1.html

If you can go there and show some support would be nice. Just because in Europe most Carriers are starting to use the so called 4G+ which support two carrier signals "doubling" the bandwidth and reaching some crazy 4G speeds (100+Mbps) just search it ;-)

But apparently there is some misconfiguration on modem settings. I read somewhere that flashing some new configs to the modem partition would fix it, but no clear thread showing that :-(

Honestly is sad that Xiaomi is turning back on their users, I find this issue very concerning and probably leaving me with no other choice to start choosing other brands...

Oh another thing, for some reason I read also that lineage OS do not have this issue but I will still confirm it.

Have a nice weekend and thanks for this ROM!!

Mi Mix 2 and Mi5 both work with Carrier Aggregation, please see the attached screenshots.

Mi Mix 2, 3CA, Smart Communications, Manila, Bands 1, 3 & 5.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b35lp91mw...-19-20-54-04-368_com.qtrun.QuickTest.png?dl=0

Mi Mix 2, 2CA, Telia Finland, Oulu, Bands 20 & 3.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztn8k94if...-03-12-56-59-572_com.qtrun.QuickTest.png?dl=0

Mi5, 2CA, Smart Communications, Manila, Bands 1 & 3.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/er2vfml98...-27-19-02-40-991_com.qtrun.QuickTest.png?dl=0

Also, you clearly do not have a good understanding of the LTE Radio Access Technology - Carrier Aggregation is NOT required for LTE-A (also known as LTE+ or 4G+). These are completely different features are are not dependent on each other.

LTE-A is where the downlink modulation scheme of 256QAM (LTE or 4G supports only up to 64 QAM) can be used, PROVIDING the downlink quality (SINR) and the UE/eNodeB support the feature. This feature has been enabled in the network side since 3GPP Release 8 (currently at Release 12, so four years or more).

Carrier Aggregation is the use of multiple frequencies (intra-band CA), multiple bands (inter-band CA) and also between modes, LTE-FDD (B1, for example) and LTE-TDD (Band 40).

Last edited:
8.1.25 v2 has same lag?
Maybe this?In developer options.

Did you cleared cache/dalvik after install?

Maybe some lag after Magisk install?

No probs here on Mi Mix 2
7a26f48f8200310d30b8be037f32a526.jpg

Sent from my MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mi Mix 2 and Mi5 both work with Carrier Aggregation, please see the attached screenshots.

Mi Mix 2, 3CA, Smart Communications, Manila, Bands 1, 3 & 5.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b35lp91mw...-19-20-54-04-368_com.qtrun.QuickTest.png?dl=0

Mi Mix 2, 2CA, Telia Finland, Oulu, Bands 20 & 3.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztn8k94if...-03-12-56-59-572_com.qtrun.QuickTest.png?dl=0

Mi5, 2CA, Smart Communications, Manila, Bands 1 & 3.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/er2vfml98...-27-19-02-40-991_com.qtrun.QuickTest.png?dl=0

Also, you clearly do not have a good understanding of the LTE Radio Access Technology - Carrier Aggregation is NOT required for LTE-A (also known as LTE+ or 4G+). These are completely different features are are not dependent on each other.

LTE-A is where the downlink modulation scheme of 256QAM (LTE or 4G supports only up to 64 QAM) can be used, PROVIDING the downlink quality (SINR) and the UE/eNodeB support the feature. This feature has been enabled in the network side since 3GPP Release 8 (currently at Release 12, so four years or more).

Carrier Aggregation is the use of multiple frequencies (intra-band CA), multiple bands (inter-band CA) and also between modes, LTE-FDD (B1, for example) and LTE-TDD (Band 23).
Intra-band is working! Inter-band it is not: http://en.miui.com/thread-392070-1-1.html

Just reading from what people have said. Also, I don't have 4G+ certainly although Qualcomm processor supports it.

Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: hinjeniero
Yes there id this option but there is no setting to chanege.
I tried it with Smart lock launcher and Magisk 15.3 installed and it works

Before it worked also after paring new device,but I could only choose to TRUST the new device?!
9c96e1e15265a79fb60a65937733adea.jpg
af4203a10496cb8870a9ff27617af4c4.jpg
6b247703a9716d80174cec3ad3f44dc8.jpg

Sent from my MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Intra-band is working! Inter-band it is not: http://en.miui.com/thread-392070-1-1.html

Just reading from what people have said. Also, I don't have 4G+ certainly although Qualcomm processor supports it.

Thanks for the clarification.
4G+ is only enabled when the following conditions are met:
1. Download traffic demand from the UE exceeds the set trigger conditions for using 256QAM modulation,
2. SINR (channel quality) is suitable to support 256QAM modulation scheme

A lot of Operators will have a network load condition trigger as well, sine may are negative consequences for the user scheduling on the network side.

4G+ is only enabled when the following conditions are met:
1. Download traffic demand from the UE exceeds the set trigger conditions for using 256QAM modulation,
2. SINR (channel quality) is suitable to support 256QAM modulation scheme

A lot of Operators will have a network load condition trigger as well, sine may are negative consequences for the user scheduling on the network side.
Okay, but let me put this in other words.

I have a OnePlus 5T and my RN3SE side by side. 5T does have 4G+ because our carrier use it, and with 100Mbps speed, my SE has 4G with 30 Mbps. So, the carrier is using 4G+. I can see the both carriers on Signal Guru but phone only locks to one.

Status
Not open for further replies.