Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Sorry if already reported : adaway doesnt work anymore with this build (Redmi 4x, nougat)

Hi

Sorry if already reported : adaway doesnt work anymore with this build (Redmi 4x, nougat)
I had same issue.
I have uninstalled Magisk (with uninstaller zip) and flashed Magisk V14.
After that, adaway works again. Now you can update Magisk to latest (afaik V15.2?) Version and adaway keeps working.

Reactions: birdyZep
I had same issue.
I have uninstalled Magisk (with uninstaller zip) and flashed Magisk V14.
After that, adaway works again. Now you can update Magisk to latest (afaik V15.2?) Version and adaway keeps working.
Faced the issues, worked for me from clean install and first flash with magisk 15.2.

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A5000 en utilisant Tapatalk

Old devices don't get important updates anymore, too bad..but good thing is they usually don't have bugs which introduced along with new features.
Too bad? Look what other producers do. Huawei is not updating some last year devices as for example. I think Xiaomi is doing well, it is updating my first Xiaomi, the Mi2s, a 2012 or 2013 device. Take also in account that old Redmi devices hardware probably is not powered enough to run last Android versions.

Too bad? Look what other producers do. Huawei is not updating some last year devices as for example. I think Xiaomi is doing well, it is updating my first Xiaomi, the Mi2s, a 2012 or 2013 device. Take also in account that old Redmi devices hardware probably is not powered enough to run last Android versions.

To be honest, I don't really care about other producers since all my phone are Xiaomi's hehe... as customers, i think it's only normal we want to get the best we can get from our phone's producer, it's just a wish/hope, not a complain.. for example I really like to see Android 7.0 on my Redmi Note 3 Pro, but it seems that Xiaomi will never update the Android to 7.0, and that's just fine with me, not complaining..

Faced the issues, worked for me from clean install and first flash with magisk 15.2.

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A5000 en utilisant Tapatalk

I did a clean install too, but didn't work.
With uninstall of magisk 15.2, install of v14 the update to 15.2, it worked.
Thanks to all

how to solve camera 2 api problem....stock camera crashes after enabling camera 2 api...but i need camera 2 api enabled for *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*.
plz someone...any solutions?

What Device?

Both *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* and MIUI Camera work just fine on my Mi Max 2.

I don't really care about an update of Android Version (mine is Android 5, of course Android 6 would be nice). However I would appreciate a current Android Security update, at least December 2017.

Hi guys,
I've been using MIUI 8 (Android 5.11.) on my Mi4s for over a year alredy and I was amazed by the stability, performance and all the features. Now I upgraded to MiUI 9 (and Android 7) and I noticed 2 issues:
1. My phone can't connect to 4G. Well, in fact it connects for a while, but loses Internet connection and then reconnects to 3G (H+). I thought that maybe it's some temporary problem with my provider, but I have the same situation on my second SIM card, so I guess it's an issue of the ROM. I didn't have the problem with my previous ROM.

2. Battery is draining very much. I have less apps installed that I used to have on my old ROM, and I have to charge it at least twice a day now. At the beginning I thought it's because the ROM is fresh and I'm playing with it more often than usually (to tweak the settings), but the situation happens over a week already. Let me give you example: with similar usage I was able to survive whole day on a battery (on old ROM). Now, I disconnected charger at 6 AM, and only 4h later I do have only 35% left! That doesn't look normal ;/

I did full wipe (even twice) when upgrading the ROM.

Regards.

EDIT:
I managed to fix the point 1. (problem with 4G). I fixed it by changing apn to different one as the default was not allowing me to connect to 4G. Weird.

Last edited:
Only way to flash official global rom is thru xiaomi flash tool and it delete all storage and TWRP and locks bootloader? No way to flash thru twrp?
No problem flashing with twrp, in fact I`ve used updater to go from .eu to global beta, it reboots in twrp and flashes the rom.

Of course you can flash with Twrp but it is strongly reccomended to flash Zxp Twrp before, expecially if you wanna have Global Miui OTA. If you flash the new recovery remember to reboot to recovery before flashing the new rom.
This is only required is one needs to preserve twrp as recovery and receive updates ota.
After flashing global or china with "normal" twrp during reboot official MIUI replaces twrp with stock recovery. I have no problem with that and when going back to .eu simply flash twrp in fastboot and xiaomi.eu over global(dirty)

Anyone has issues with "fast charge"? I think it's not working in this version.

Regards.

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk

anyway, stayed od eu weekly..
just do a factory reset and now it is fast al always..
in global rom missed lot of features..

Reactions: jc rey
Anyone has issues with "fast charge"? I think it's not working in this version.

Regards.

On Mi5 and Mi Mix 2 the fast charge is working OK, using AUKEY multi-port charger (PA-Y6) and ADAM QC3 certified cable.

The cable quality is key to getting QC3 to work properly, the cheap cables have high resistance (and voltage drop) when trying 2+ ampere charging, often resulting in the current being reduced.

If you are using the supplied Xiaomi cable, that may well be making the situation worse, I have had multiple failures of these cables, I refuse to use them any more.

On Mi5 and Mi Mix 2 the fast charge is working OK, using AUKEY multi-port charger (PA-Y6) and ADAM QC3 certified cable.

The cable quality is key to getting QC3 to work properly, the cheap cables have high resistance (and voltage drop) when trying 2+ ampere charging, often resulting in the current being reduced.

If you are using the supplied Xiaomi cable, that may well be making the situation worse, I have had multiple failures of these cables, I refuse to use them any more.
Ok. Thanks, I will try more cables, it was working since last update, but... Maybe cable broke.

Regards

normal here with whatsapp 2.18.1 (latest beta) try clear your cache or try apply beta tester like me

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk
thank you very much...i will try it...

btw are you have same problem before?

Apart from the double notification bug in some apps, everything runs fine on Redmi Note 4x (Mido).
Thanks!
Can you share how non-standard icons look like? Do you have that ugly dark background? For example in Google Duo? Or Microsoft ToDo?

Would really appreciate your feedback...

Can you share how non-standard icons look like? Do you have that ugly dark background? For example in Google Duo? Or Microsoft ToDo?
Would really appreciate your feedback...
If you like here is my feedback: On my Redmi 3 with default theme I get black background with Google Assistant app, with Limitless theme background is transparent.

Why there is no Russian Translator? miui.su team have translate for their roms only.
86b3ac4a8b3e909073ab2574417b2581.jpg

Отправлено с моего MI 5 через Tapatalk

I have a Problem after i flash this Rom i get always Google Setup Partner Stop working Problem in my RN 4

Why there is no Russian Translator? miui.su team have translate for their roms only.
86b3ac4a8b3e909073ab2574417b2581.jpg

Отправлено с моего MI 5 через Tapatalk
Probably because there are no volunteers to maintain a complete russian translation that is better than the miui.su version.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.