Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your work. I have a question.
How can I root my Mi 8? I installed Magisk 17.1 and 17.2 but nothing on my apps.
I am 8.10.12.
You have to install the Magisk app (.apk) after flashing Magisk (.zip) in Recovery and rebooting into the system.

Reactions: tuanduy
DELETED all my apps again.................. this time i booted before installing magisk or anything else than rom and booooom NO APPS
CMON GUYS

Whenever I update the weekly on my markw, the GBWhatsApp app results not installed and I can't install it. I have to wipe data partition so everything needs to be installed again

Reactions: pi4a7a
In latest ROMs there's no option to save batterie per time slot, isn't?

Enviado desde mi MI MAX 2 mediante Tapatalk

Hi guys, I have problems with the battery. The phone doesn't go in Deep sleep mode, there is always a process working even if the phone is locked. I tried everithing, wipe cache/dalvik, factory reset, root but i can't solve this problem..i can't reach 3 hours of screening with my Mi8 Explorer Edition..please help me
Screenshot_2018-10-15-10-25-01-398_com.miui.securitycenter.png
Screenshot_2018-10-15-10-24-58-243_com.miui.securitycenter.png
Screenshot_2018-10-15-10-24-55-373_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Mi8 (unlocked)

I installed this rom coming from the official Xiaomi beta 8.10.11.
This eu.team.version is much better, faster and smoother, of course :emoji_innocent:
Thank you very much indeed !!!

The only issue I experience is the same with both roms: A weak Dual Sim performance.
My Mi8 is having network provider difficulties with both cards as soon as the second sim card is inserted (or activated within the settings menu).
What I am trying to say is: --> even the first card is performing weaker than before as soon as the second card is active...
Has anyone else problems with dual sim operations?

P.S. I understand that the 'dual sim market' is not that big in Europe yet, as the network carriers over here don't really like it too much.
There is still a huge amount of people who purchase a new smartphone with a fixed sim card contract for usually 24 months. And the network providers don't fancy their customers putting in a second sim card to avoid the limitations or extra fees with the first sim card's contract... (as their pofit margin is shrinking).

Last edited:
Did anyone tested this release on Mi 5s?
I used it and videos are stuttering/staggering/lagging and have no audio, on any app (youtube, facebook, whatsapp, ...).
I also wiped, reinstalled MIUI, and then flashed last Lineage OS build on it, but the problem persists.
Previous builds were fine, form this point of view.

Moreover, any feedback on the fingerprint wakelock issue? Has it been fixed with Android 8.0 rom?

First of all Thanks developers for your hard work! btw i work as a Software QA so working closely with developers is my job and managing releases are a hell of a struggle :)
Coming from xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_V10.0.5.0.OEACNFH_v10-8.1 stable i can tell that this weekly is much faster and polished.
First, I flashed latest TWRP-3.2.3-0918-XIAOMI8-CN-wzsx150 and after that clean install with data cache wipe
Bugs that i encounter in 8.10.12
- Random wifi connection lost for 1-2 sec when bandwidth is active (upload/download)
- Always on screen is lost after some time, so need to wake up the phone then lock again will reset the Always ON
(i will add more bugs if i found some)
Suggested improvements:
- Automatic brightness is way low in dark/night (needs improvement with auto brightness settings)
- Booting time refactoring (already present from previous weekly ROM's it took 75sec to restart the phone.)

I had ~40% of battery, restarted the phone and went down to 21% immediately.
I restarted again and in TWRP shows 32% then the system is again at 22%
I have Mi 5s Plus
Screenshot_2018-10-15-14-05-45-406_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Last edited:
Hello, I'm having problems installing the latest weekly release of 8.10.11 on a Mi Max 3 (unlocked)

I followed instructions and did clean install, but encountered this problem upon first boot.

What should I do now?

Edit: nvm, solved it by format f2fs prior to flashing.

Attachments

• 20181015_203411.jpg
    20181015_203411.jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
good afternoon everyone.
flashed 8.10.12 in mi8 from 8.8.30 clean install and .... thanks, EU team .. very nice work.
so far only found a problem (I have not seen everything, of course), but the problem I found is related to the equalizer ... this does not work.
I have xiaomi noise canceling earphones....
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

confirm that the equalizer does not work?

otherwise I only have the bug already reported ... in Booting time

thank you

Did anyone tested this release on Mi 5s?
I used it and videos are stuttering/staggering/lagging and have no audio, on any app (youtube, facebook, whatsapp, ...).
I also wiped, reinstalled MIUI, and then flashed last Lineage OS build on it, but the problem persists.
Previous builds were fine, form this point of view.

Moreover, any feedback on the fingerprint wakelock issue? Has it been fixed with Android 8.0 rom?
I am using it on my mi5s and for now havent found any serious bug, Videos are working fine, the battery in stand by is so much better it consumes about 1% or 2% in an hour... However in use i think it decreases faster than nougat roms, but nothing serious. Overall i am having more SOT now (3h+) because my phone spends a lot of time in iddle...The only thing is the transitions and animations that seems to be a little slower, or maybe they are just different and i am not used to it... The fingerprint sensor is more sensitive, dont need to apply so much pressure now but sometimes fails as usual, i spent some time playing games and noted that the phone is cooler now... (It used to heat a lot)... All the rest is fine and everything works good.

Ciao. Segnala questo bug. Qualcuno ha il mio stesso problema? Errore di backup Mi Cloud: "Non riuscito, riprovare più tardi per favore" ... Xiaomi mi5c miui 10 8.10.11 sviluppatore Android 7.12

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-15-17-29-58-490_com.miui.cloudbackup.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-15-17-29-58-490_com.miui.cloudbackup.png
    219.3 KB · Views: 364
  • Screenshot_2018-10-15-17-35-21-356_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-15-17-35-21-356_com.android.settings.png
    212.5 KB · Views: 353
after installing this rom i have lost fingerprint identification and i can't find fingerprint settings in my mix 2. does anyone know anything about it?
Thanks

Can i flash this rom on Redmi Note 5 chinese version? i mistake my self and buy the chinese version
lol....after waiting 720 hours to unlock bootloader

after installing this rom i have lost fingerprint identification and i can't find fingerprint settings in my mix 2. does anyone know anything about it?
Thanks
Try to reflash the rom, i dont have that problem on Mix 2

Is the mi pad 4 clover firmware for both the WiFi and lte, or cause I saw someone on xda say it's only for wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.