Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 261 86.4%
  • NO

Votes: 41 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mi Max 3 here:) i have installed pie update, dirty flash and rooted it with magisk. Everything works fine for me.

Which version of Magisk do you use? I have the problem that root stops working after a reboot and that Magisk Manager gets duplicated (and also stops working).

Hi, are there any Max 3 users who can answer some questions to me ?
1. On which way i can flash to Pie - only Fastboot method or is there any TWRP version ?
2. After update will the Bootloader stays on unlocked ?
3. Will Magisk work under Pie ?
4. Will the camera2api work?
last , if flashed can i going back with the old TWRP ?

thanks to all here
Anony
1. Flash 8.11.23 global fastboot (SELECT CLEAN ALL OPTION) then clean install 8.11.29 from official twrp / nijel8 twrp and format data to F2FS
2. Yes, If you unlocked the bootloader and selected clean all option in fastboot then your bootloader will stay unlocked
3. Magisk works on Pie use latest Magisk Beta
4. From what I heard no
5. use fastboot and flash back to the global stable version with ARB and from there to what ever rom you want

Hmm. I asked your question a few weeks back and got the answer that it is TWRP related.
I wonder what is the fstab.qcom file string is in AOSP....
It is NOT a TWRP related issue as I could encrypt phone using HAVOC ROM (AOSP based). Same TWRP version works with Havoc and I could encrypt data partition and decrypt it in TWRP by providing the PIN.

So, no, it is NOT a TWRP issue but rather a ROM issue!

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Mi Max 3 after one day testing:

- Device still reboot (without user action)
- For NOW batterie looks good

Need more time to test for:
- Bluetooth
- Stable data connection
- Voice calls

MiMax3

Now Fly!!!!
I only found some problems regarding notifications: Sometimes it happens that the notification icon (it is white) happened to me in missed calls and with Telegram..
I use the stock theme, and no mods.

Inviato dal mio MI MAX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk
20afd8c7159146dfd88b4242e5025ab0.jpg
02f4de5396e550e22a92a9d851bf46cc.jpg

MiMax3

Now Fly!!!!
I only found some problems regarding notifications: Sometimes it happens that the notification icon (it is white) happened to me in missed calls and with Telegram..
I use the stock theme, and no mods.

Try opening and closing apps often,
I see a bit of statering do you?

Try opening and closing apps often,
I see a bit of statering do you?
I don't know what "statering" means anyway if you're referring to some slight lag, nothing compares to the global ROM. Now the full screen gestures only very smooth and without lag. Maybe every now and then some little uncertainty, but it goes from God!

Redmi 4x: Ads in Deep Clean and FB Cleaner.
The new shortcut-widget in recent are not translated in italian.

@ingbrzy,

In the change log for MI 8, it says "Optimize - Toggle for LTE icon to 4G". Toggling this option doesn't do anything.

I want to get rid of the LTE icon in the status bar as it's occupying unnecessary space. Is there anyway to get rid of the LTE icon in the status bar? TIA.

On 8.11.29 on Mix2, with the default notifications both MIUI & Android-style, the naming of the signals (LTE, 3G, 4G, etc) is removed when you turn on the WiFi.

The LTE/4G switch works perfectly - many thanks to Igor & team for a neat mod to implement this.

The LTE/4G switch works perfectly - many thanks to Igor & team for a neat mod to implement this.
Well, it doesn't work in MI 8.

And, my question was to remove LTE/4G completely as the data network is always active and no need to specify that it's LTE. Even when I turn off mobile data completely, it still says LTE.

Just installed it for my Mi Max 3 after a complete wipe, so far so good !

Thank you very much all

Well, it doesn't work in MI 8.

And, my question was to remove LTE/4G completely as the data network is always active and no need to specify that it's LTE. Even when I turn off mobile data completely, it still says LTE.
Confirmed, when all data networks (including WiFi) are disabled it indicates "LTE", "3G", "H" or "E", depending on the mobile network technology that the device is camped on.

Why i still getting notification for update 8.11.29 even i've updated to 8.11.29?is there 2nd update or what,but the size is similar 1,5gb?mi8
Yes, there was a second update (with the same version - 8.11.29 and a little smaller size) on Sat for MI 8, which fixes OK Google and other unknown issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.