Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest poco rom just downloaded, security still fc
Confirmed
[
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at com.xiaomi.ad.mediationconfig.internal.utils.gaid.AdvertisingIdHolder.getAdvertisingId(Unknown Source:0)
at com.xiaomi.ad.mediationconfig.internal.utils.gaid.AdvertisingIdHelper.getGAId(Unknown Source:57)
at com.miui.securityscan.cards.j.run(Unknown Source:4)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'android.content.SharedPreferences android.content.Context.getSharedPreferences(java.lang.String, int)' on a null object reference
at com.xiaomi.ad.mediationconfig.internal.utils.SharedPreferencesWrapper.<init>(Unknown Source:19)
at com.xiaomi.ad.mediationconfig.internal.utils.gaid.AdvertisingIdHolder.<clinit>(Unknown Source:4)
... 6 more

]

Tried to update my MiMix2 via OTA. Got an error every time "An error occured. Try again?" Any suggestion?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-22-17-07-24-172_pl.zdunex25.updater.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-22-17-07-24-172_pl.zdunex25.updater.png
    204.6 KB · Views: 337
MI Max 3 stock theme, no mod

I keep having problems with the notifications icons, the Playstore icon looks like this. I hope they solve as soon as possible
510fb7112cc61de789e7c5f8f711a1a7.jpg
c0ec101058c732103a09c53101b58fc8.jpg

Inviato dal mio MI MAX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Possible.

At least in the xda thread it was China mi8 devices running global beta updates. Not xiaomi. EU related I think.
I have a China device (MI 8) delivered with unlocked bootloader and global stable, now running last EU beta. Everything perfect!

Sent from my MI 8

Full screen back gesture doesn't work when a keyboard or messenger chathead is on

Sent from my MI 6X using Tapatalk

It's working fine on mi8 China versión. Event after restarting it.

Enviado desde mi MI 8 mediante Tapatalk

why fileexplorer wants connect to internet?

Who knows?
Mi Drive?
Advertisements?

Screenshot_2018-12-22-19-00-12-460_com.android.fileexplorer.png

The file manager can connect to a USB disk on a Mi Mini router, for that it would need network access I suppose.

Last edited:
Anybody else problems on Mi8 with finalising setup (message that setup will be finalise does not disappear) and getting Google services validated? Updated from 8.12.13 and wiped cache.....

Seems to be related to a network issue of SIM2, but only with this particular ROM.... going back to 8.12.13 is fixing the issue!

My File Manager is V1-181115 and it's OK.

Edit:
Just saw the is 2 File managers.

Xiaomi has a MIUI-independent file manager on Playstore, similar to the built-in one, somewhat more functions, seems like.
I tried it, could not fund any advantage in it.

Logcat FC Fileexplore Pocophone F1 latest build
There is no mention of a FC in your log.

My File Manager is V1-181115 and it's OK.

Edit:
Just saw the is 2 File managers. Lol!
View attachment 22450
Yes, the File Manager is V1-181115 is the global one from Play Store, you can uninstall it if you want. The other one (1.9.8) is from China ROM, it's a system app and it offers more features, like opening an FTP server without having to download Mi Drop.

I have a China variant MI 8 with unlocked bootloader. Currently I have this ROM and it's super smooth and no touchscreen issues. I was on Havoc before and clean flashed 8.12.13 and then dirty flashed to 8.12.20 and all great! Automatic brightness is sometimes very low but that's okay, not a big deal.

Thank you EU devs, much appreciate all your hard work in supporting so many devices - it's mind-boggling, to put it mildly!

Kudos to your entire staff in managing a vast array of users from various devices is plain nuts, but you are managing it very well. Hats off!

Status
Not open for further replies.