Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guy's

Im new here and just signed in.
Normally i get always a OTA update for my MI5. But last friday i didnt get a update and i was waiting and waiting but nothing. So i search here and saw there was an update but i was afraid to install it because i saw that the update was suspended for MI5.
After reading some comments i started downloading the Beta ROM directly to theninternal storage. I updated the software by twrp and so far no problems. I'm still testimg the battery drain.. i thunk t have the issue also.

Reactions: crocodille
Hi guy's

Normally i get always a OTA update for my MI5. But last friday i didnt get a update and i was waiting and waiting but nothing. So i search here and saw there was an update but i was afraid to install it because i saw that the update was suspended for MI5.
After reading some comments i started downloading the Beta ROM directly to theninternal storage. I updated the software by twrp and so far no problems. I'm still testimg the battery drain.. i thunk t have the issue also.

Can i install the stable ROM? And where can i find this one for MI5..

Thank you in advance

Turn off charging sound doesn't work on this weekly, but if you got root, you can use 'Apk Editor' (download from PlayStore) to remove 'charging.oog' from file '/system/priv-app/MiuiSystemUI/MiuiSystemUI.apk'.

thanks - I would rather have the switch fixed than use this hack, though.
My phone is rooted, and I generally have no problems tinkering with basically everything, but I don't think its needed here (with all the risk of screwing up something that is always inherent in root work), as most probably the version from later this week will have it fixed. If the problem won't be fixed, I can do it then.

You are member here since February 2013 and don't know anything about MIUI version numbers? Shame on you.
It has nothing to do with math so please stop making fun of others if you don't know what you are talking about.
Here is an explaining thread about MIUI Versions: http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=348591&highlight=miui+versions
Read it or leave it.
Also, everybody knowing maths used second degree of decimals: 8.3.15 undoubtedly makes you see it is a number with decimals and more decimals.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

And that all its usable? Hahaha dont joke bro :) . For me phone with this issue make not usable.
I back to N and stay until China release public few roms.

i agree it makes you swear sometimes, but at least app don't crash and phone is not rebooting...if it's a matter of one week or two i can bear it, if not i'll revert too, even if i hate downgrading

Hi, i have xiaomi mi6 with another rom with "Miui 9 7.12.21 | Beta" version. Should i flash any kernel or just wipe and flash this rom?

Getting on mi5 Androis 7 last build. Bugs. Top bar when open some apps Gets white. Then cant see time or rhe other icons.

On key guard. When need to make Padron to unlock phone get some info about unlock almost on the top of screen.

Get this bugs from last two builds and front.

Enviado do meu MI 5 através do Tapatalk

Looking for HMNote5Pro (whyred) user willing to test Android 8.1 MIUI build..
Send me PM..

thank you

I read the other comments and recalled that after the update, it is required to add new Face data.
So, I thought it could be the source of problem. I removed the Face data and it became faster. Laggy problem solved. Even when I add a new Face data, it does not slow down anymore. (Changed my vote already) :)

Old comment
This week update on my mi 5s made my phone laggy and really slow.
I cleared cache and dalvik already but it haven't been better. Could not figure out why it slow down.

Last edited:
8.3.15 charging sound in Mi Note 3 still sound even already disable it in settings..

Also, everybody knowing maths used second degree of decimals: 8.3.15 undoubtedly makes you see it is a number with decimals and more decimals.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

"8.3.15" weekly version released on 2018 (8). March (3). 15th (15). Wondering quite sometimes (pass new year) until figurred it out. :)

It refers to chinese dev weekly version number. What amazing is eu version released the next day of that version(if not hours after china dev released). It's amazing, either eu team up with official xiaomi china people or they stayed all night modding version for all types of phones. Either way, its amazing and I salute them.

Last edited:
Reactions: MeiGuddet
"8.3.15" weekly version released on 2018 (8). March (3). 15th (15). Wondering quite sometimes (pass new year) until figurred it out. :)

It refers to chinese dev weekly version number. What amazing is eu version released the next day of that version(if not hours after china dev released). It's amazing, either eu team up with official xiaomi china people or they stayed all night modding version for all types of phones. Either way, its amazing and I salute them.

Actually, very often, We can download Xiaomi.eu ROM before China ROM released (on Friday).

Hi guy's

how did you solve,l heve same problem mi6 l flashed bup not boot

When switching to Android 8, the interface began to work much slower. On the stable all the same. Who knows how to solve this problem?

Reactions: Didac Gil
Hi !

mi mix 2 here. From 8.2.1 to 8.3.15, lots of force close on launcher, permission issues preventing the app from applying the theme from what i've seen. I can go to settings but "themes", "permissions" panels force close.
will try to update to 8.2.1 > 8.3.1 before

edit: same from 8.2.1 to 8.3.1...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.