Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, tried twice, same result, upgrading stucked at some point, never finish, force rebooted the phone and bootloop happened, had to restore from backup, this is why backup before upgading is very important, don't know what might happens, this is the 1st time I've ever had problem upgrading dev ROM in the last 1,5 years on Redmi Note 3 and Mi Max 2.

I guess you can try to upgrade, just MAKE SURE you backup at least the System and Data partition in case of problem, there was one guy who said Mi Max 2 all works, so obviously not everyone face the same problem, or you could just skip this weekly, unless there is something you need from this weekly update, 8.3.8 is a good one for me.

Edit: Think I'll try upgade again, but this time without Magisk installed and will try to figure it out at which line the updating process get stucked, who know @ingbrzy can help us.

Finally I successfully upgraded to 8.3.15, I re-download the ROM from Androidfilehost (not remember where I got previous 8.3.15 ROM), and I also flash the Magisk Uninstaller.

Camera2 api & *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* work fine, I don't see any improvement with the stock camera, but that's totally fine as long as *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* works :)

But no Global Notification Shade port for Mi Max 2 this week though..

Edit : Re-flash Magisk through TWRP, no problem so far

@domthewizard, @silverstream, @badodoy

Last edited:
Reactions: silverstream
I have no idea if this is the problem, but do look at Settings/System apps/Recorder.

Recording type in my Mi Mix1 has four choices:

Music, Voice, Interview, HD
Hello,
thanks to yuor reply....but your suggestion did not have the hoped solution .....however this is a very strange matter.
Rgds

Reactions: cobben
I can not install it on my MiNote2 ;/ It doesnt see this update in ota, and when i try to install by TWRP it says its update for "scorpio" and my phone name is " ". How to fix it ?

Reactions: NadPai
Redmi 4 pro: I updated yesterday by Updater app, and so far so good! Everything works excellent - all apps (google and non google) work perfectly. Wallpaper Carousel is back again! Big Thanks to all the Xiaomi.EU team!

I can not install it on my MiNote2 ;/ It doesnt see this update in ota, and when i try to install by TWRP it says its update for "scorpio" and my phone name is " ". How to fix it ?
See #187
Good luck!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi Note 2 met Tapatalk

Still no eu 8.3.15 for mi5c
All other rom miui based, included the slowest in releases miui.it, are ready
What happening?

This is beta stable. No public 9.5 for Mi6
Last publick Stable
作者:MIUI开发组版本:V9.2.4.0.NCACNEK (MIUI9) 大小:1.5G

On China forum some user brake rules and add link to this rom, probably They banned him...

Read in global miui forum

http://en.miui.com/thread-2013925-1-1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you confirm if *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* mod works on MI6 9.5.3 version?

Sorry, I am using default apps and it is all good in my case. Good battery time, system is very responsive, viber, whatsapp, skype, bluemail, linkedin, facebook, chrome...what else do you need? :) ..and you can update without losing any data..

the new stable update fot the MIDO HMNOTE4X works good! including with Magisk, new Dolby Atmos for Nougat, c2api enabler and *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* minimal

8.3.15 here.
On my Mido everything is ok.
But on my wife's ugglite, i have to install all her apps again! Why?
On this version on both phones, everything seems more faster.
Thank you for your good work!

When installing updates OTA, do I have to do something particular to avoid any problems?
I'm asking, because when the download finished and I agreed to boot in recovery to install it, it got installed immediately - I had no chance to wipe any dalvik or cache.
Don't know if it's placebo, but after updating the OS feels a bit choppy.
After the update, I booted in the recovery and wiped cache and dalvik myself, but I wish I could have done this before updating and afterwards....

Or does it make no difference?

Reactions: EnterSandman
After I flashed 8.3.15 on my Mi6, I rebooted the phone and was ok.
I returned to twrp to flash magisk, i wiped cache and dalvik, reboot and remains stuck on logo Mi.. what can i do ?
Hello my friend, magisk don't work for this version.You need uninstaller magisk using this zip file: http://tiny.cc/latestuninstaller (by https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445).
You can use USB OTG to do the installation, but you can reinstall the rom and lose the magisk. It's work too.

Enviado de meu MI 6 usando Tapatalk

Since the last three updates a lot of my installed games and apps have been just disappearing, and now with this version, Instagram has disappeared and I can't even reinstall it, google play gives an installation error and when I try to install the .apk file it says "app not installed"
anyone has a fix for this issue? this is driving me crazy.

(Redmi Note 4 MTK)

After installing this version, MiWiFi App (from play Store) disappeared and can not re-install. Error 505. How to solve? Thankss

Reactions: 25th Hour
People, do you think is better come back to 8.3.8 or wait for the some solution to have *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* working?

Enviado de meu MI 6 usando Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.