Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
Where I can find download links for installing magisk, *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* libs and other stuffs for my MI6?
Also I want to install Xposed but I did not find a good tutorial/links to do that.
I'm using latest weekly xiaomi.eu ROM 8.3.22

Please, give me a help!
Thanks.

Yes, I have done in this way: you can type your password on Mi account login input boxes and copy it. Then you can paste it on wifi password input box (due to not showing keyboard)

Good idea! I'll try next time.

edit: it worked, thank you!

Open twrp mode,and wipe data cache.
Or mi factory reset mode, wipe.

That didn't work for me, instead of not having the keyboard only in the wifi settings, I ended with no keyboard at all.

Last edited:
I did but I would like to know if there is more elegant solution.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Open messaging app, long press the menu button, go to additional settings, uncheck the allow wap push messages, restart your phone.

Reactions: Coldmind
Xiaomi official China developer 8.3.26 is available for Mi Mix1 and Mi Note 2.

??

Why do they they release something in-between the "normal" weekly releases?

Serious bug fixes?

I noticed these when I was checking what is available for my newly acquired Mi Note 2.

No, I don't want to flash them when there doesn't seem to any information about them.

Why does Xiaomi do these unannounced additions and withdrawals of ROMs?

Actually I shouldn't complain, I got my Mi Mix1 cheap in Sweden last fall from a poor guy who couldn't handle Xiaomi downgrading the Global developer from Android 7 to Android 6 without warning.

8.3.26 are last Android 7.x builds for MI5, MIMIX, MiNote2 before moving to Android 8.0... they were released for painless upgrade to Oreo..

8.3.26 are last Android 7.x builds for MI5, MIMIX, MiNote2 before moving to Android 8.0... they were released for painless upgrade to Oreo..
Will you release the android 8.0 version of this weekly update (8.3.28) for MIMIX?
Mi MIX never had android 8

What about MI5s and MI5s plus? Will die in 7.0?
it was announced last month that MIX, Mi 5 and Note 2 are having Android O testing.
there wasnt any announcment on *any* other device so you can wait on 7.0 or use another rom that is on android O.

I hope for you that Mi 5S / Plus will be getting Android O on MIUI 10 thought its unlikely

Reactions: Vasco Sousa
Hi my mi5s started draining battery and I rebooted him... After that it asked me to set the pin to unlock again. I have chosen a new pin... And many settings are diferent now! The operator name it's not showing in statusbar. It activated the unlock/lock sound changed the size of text and many other setting has been changed to default! Any explanation??
Exactly the same thing happened to me.
Battery drain (during night), suddenly turn off. Turn on, and unlock code keyboard doesn't appear (unlocked by miBand2) and, for example, statusbar network speed is missing, and icons are in a different order

Reactions: Vasco Sousa
it was announced last month that MIX, Mi 5 and Note 2 are having Android O testing.
there wasnt any announcment on *any* other device so you can wait on 7.0 or use another rom that is on android O.

I hope for you that Mi 5S / Plus will be getting Android O on MIUI 10 thought its unlikely
It´s a shame... Maybe mi5s/plus are not good enough to be updated. There is already a lot of roms on Android O for this phones... Weekly roms are more buggy every week, it shows a lack of suport on this model. I should have bought a redmi phone... Its better than this "flagship".

Exactly the same thing happened to me.
Battery drain (during night), suddenly turn off. Turn on, and unlock code keyboard doesn't appear (unlocked by miBand2) and, for example, statusbar network speed is missing, and icons are in a different order
Mine as set all the settings to default ones... (Ringtone, led, statusbar, sounds , vibration, text size, lockscreen settings, gestures and more...) Seems like someone as messed with my phone, I start to wonder if there is any kind of virus on this rom, its getting weird... The good thing is that after that the phone is performing better?!?!? No more battery drain, no more overheating, no more lags, I charged him last night and woke up this mornig after 8 hours with 94% battery, suddenly the fingerprint sensor started to be supersonic again, and the phone is all good today... What is wrong with this device??

It´s a shame... Maybe mi5s/plus are not good enough to be updated. There is already a lot of roms on Android O for this phones... Weekly roms are more buggy every week, it shows a lack of suport on this model. I should have bought a redmi phone... Its better than this "flagship".

Unlike MIX and Mi Note 2, Mi 5s/Plus has official LineageOS 15.1 (android 8.1).
if you want android o you can try that, I prefer MIUI, Mi 5s plus has that 3d touch thingy that is only on miui.

Unlike MIX and Mi Note 2, Mi 5s/Plus has official LineageOS 15.1 (android 8.1).
if you want android o you can try that, I prefer MIUI, Mi 5s plus has that 3d touch thingy that is only on miui.
Thanks for your answer!
I like MIUI too, i just cant understand whats the problem with mi5s... I use to have global rom but the updates were a nightmare and rom was full of bugs, after they release miui 9 stable roms it took 5 months to mi5s have global stable... even the global beta was frozen for a long time...Even the older models had it first! I changed to xiaomi.eu and its better than global roms but mi5s keeps always behind his similar models... If i had a little bug on a MI5 i would have 50 responses from staff and other users here in the forum, but when i write the "s" no one cares, its bug after bug after bug! I guess that mi5s is not that popular as Mi5 wich means less profit wich means less suport. Its just not fair. If it continues like that i will leave MIUI for good.

Of course not! They will have happy and long life on 7.x.. Dont worry, they will not explode in your pocket..
I really hope not, sometimes it gets so hot in my pocket that seems to be really exploding:D, but thanks for your answer anyway...

What are top and must have feats on Oreo that's not available on Nougat?

Could someone (or more) please share the experiences using Oreo based MIUI ROM, maybe some specifics like :
- Battery backup
- System responsiveness
- More productivity
- No more crashes
Etc... Thanks in advance.

Hello, I'm using Mi5s
Since update to 8.3.22,every time I reboot my phone, the setting (notifications & status bar, Sound & Vibration, Quick ball) come back to default.
So, any solution here?

Status
Not open for further replies.