8.6.21 v2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just updated from the latest weekly MIUI 9 for my Mi6. I did it by install the zip file from TWRP like usual weekly updates. It took just a few mins and I'm back with MIUI 10!! Everything is there. No need to do the data restoration.

The first difference I notice is the notification area.. Even though it's iOSish, I like it.

1) the brightness adjustment bar.. it's thick enough for me to get my finger on. And I can press anywhere on the bar instead of the specific spot on the line like before. Same for volume control.

2) now I can expand the notifications by long pressing the messages to see more details. In previous MIUI, this can only be done by pulling the messages with two fingers.

Magisk works.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hasan_iq
Currently there are a lot of notification issues, graphic ones, like wrong paddings and margins on texts, sometimes they are built of 2 blocks of different shade of gray instead of one, looking super glitchy and hard to read. Also the lock screen Spotify is unusable because the background is too dark.

Screenshot_2018-06-25-10-09-32-587_lockscreen.png

Currently there are a lot of notification issues, graphic ones, like wrong paddings and margins on texts, sometimes they are built of 2 blocks of different shade of gray instead of one, looking super glitchy and hard to read. Also the lock screen Spotify is unusable because the background is too dark.

View attachment 18954
Discussed some posts before...

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

How is Google Smart Lock for passwords is working for you?
I see that is asking to save passwords but never offers to fill user and password fields when needed

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

the vibration at the first whatsapp message does not work. and 2 message symbols always come out when the message is one. mix1

Reactions: afm88
yeah, just read the thread. its a bug, that has to be fixed bei xiaomi.
everyone has the notification bug and double whatsapp message notification

I set the urgent priority in the whtasapp application but the problem is still the same. no vibration at the first message. from the second it works but at the first message no.

Reactions: jessevd
For those who wondering why magisk make bootloop, i've found why. I was using a magisk module (camera mi 6 all in one) installed on miui 9. It remains even after format system. What i've done to disable it:

* Install last xiaomi.eu rom
* Install magisk (v16 or v16.4)
* In twrp go advanced > terminal
* Type the following command
> cd /cache
> touch .disable_magisk
* Reboot
* Open Magisk Manager
* Go in parameters and untick "magisk core mode only"
* Go on modules menu (now showing)
* Mark all necessary modules as delete for next reboot (touch the bin icon on right) or untick them
* Reboot

btw it passes all tests and pokemon Go works with 8.6.21 + magisk v16.4 without any further tuning.

EDIT: I've also tried the v1.7 (said on their topic that is miui 10 compatible) of the mi6 camera module but no boot.
Module link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi...is-app-on-this-forum*-hdr-mi6-t3758876/page50

Reactions: DangerousRon
I set the urgent priority in the whtasapp application but the problem is still the same. no vibration at the first message. from the second it works but at the first message no.
yes no vibration for the first notification

There's no notification counter on the icon in the instagram. Not correctly considers the notice. If 22 messages were sent to me, it should show on the icon 22. Miui shows only how many users wrote, one or two users, but not how many messages.

For those who wondering why magisk make bootloop, i've found why. I was using a magisk module (camera mi 6 all in one) installed on miui 9. It remains even after format system. What i've done to disable it:
EDIT: I've also tried the v1.7 (said on their topic that is miui 10 compatible) of the mi6 camera module but no boot.
Module link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi...is-app-on-this-forum*-hdr-mi6-t3758876/page50

for me it is working as usual, v1.5 and v1.7 no problems

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-25-12-26-46-695_com.topjohnwu.magisk.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-25-12-26-46-695_com.topjohnwu.magisk.png
    245.7 KB · Views: 445
New china ota is out for Mi8.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-25-14-11-32-917_com.android.updater.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-25-14-11-32-917_com.android.updater.png
    144.1 KB · Views: 446
Para atualização, posso agir da mesma maneira? Faça o download do * ZIP e procure no 03 pontos o arquivo de instalação ou encontre uma instalação limpa melhor?

There's no notification counter on the icon in the instagram. Not correctly considers the notice. If 22 messages were sent to me, it should show on the icon 22. Miui shows only how many users wrote, one or two users, but not how many messages.

I need too! Pls, if it's realy

Status
Not open for further replies.