8.6.21 v2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
8.6.21 on MiMix 2s working almost perfectly.
Only issue I have is pictures not backing up in Google Photos.
I had the same problem, of course, on China MIUI 10 and usual workarounds do not fix the problem... Any suggestions?

Inviato dal mio MIX 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

So this is my first time flashing a android device. Followed the instructions, but clearly something is wrong..

Device Mi Mix 2

Unlocked device - succes
installed twrp restore - succes
Downloaded the Xiaomi EU MIUI 10 .zip file for the Mix 2 to the download folder
Wiped data through TWRP - succes
Installed the .zip through TWRP - succes

Now the phone is stuck on the loading page with MIX in the middle and android with 3 loading dots in the bottom. Been stuck for now 15 minutes after my 2nd reflash.. What have i done wrong???

We fixed both issues for the next public release.

@ Igor Eisberg
Any news on a fix for WiFi Hotspot not working for Mix 2?

Have tried with two different laptops, always getting "Request timed out" to PING messages.
All was working well prior to Miui10 upgrade on both laptops.
Have tried to delete all settings on both phone and laptops and re-create the connections, nothing tried thus far has got it working.

Both laptops report as "Connected, no internet".
I can PING the assigned gateway IP address of the Mix 2, but get no response from any IP Address on the network-side of the Mix 2.

Cheers.

@ Igor Eisberg

Have tried with two different laptops, always getting "Request timed out" to PING messages.
Have tried to delete all settings on both phone and laptops and re-create the connections, nothing tried thus far has got it working.

I can PING the assigned gateway IP address of the Mix 2, but get no response from any IP Address on the network-side of the Mix 2.

Cheers.
I think on Mi8 GPS Signal receving slow on this rom ! Right, bro ?
Sounds like issues we have no control over. If those are issues with official ROMs as well, then there's little we can do here.

Reactions: hiphopboy
Sounds like issues we have no control over. If those are issues with official ROMs as well, then there's little we can do here.
On Mi8 i can't reboot the phone, after choice Restart is turn off

Gửi từ MI 8 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Well, this update still has not fixed the issue with Home and Menu buttons not working on main Space, but working in Second Space. This is a bug since laters MIUI9, but it looks like noone gives a damn.

@ Igor Eisberg

Cheers.

On Xda something about this.
"Mix2 hotspot issues"

(Can't add a link in a comment to another's post?)

Is this only a problem with Windoze, can another Android phone use the hotspot?

Last edited:
Reactions: GreasyMonkey1960
I'm connected via Mix2 wifi hotspot...working perfectly.
OK, thanks for the feedback.

I found an old fix for Mix2 from soon after release, relating to turning on USB Debugging (security) - that got it working, albeit until I restarted device, so it is something with my settings, not the ROM by the look of it.

There are a few other things I have found on XDA which may help, shall note here what I find fixes it.

hi to all, I flashed the rom for MI Mix 2, and so far so good. As soon as I try to install the root, the phone stuck on the mix logo. why?

PS: sorry for me bad english.

Mi mix 2s: fc in settings, ring tone. Changed language to English too. Attached log
1b3a3756213497ae5c621d88088c4c2a.jpg

Mi5 too!

Status
Not open for further replies.