Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same issue. Solves it by using the "format data" option in TWRP. Afterwards you have to copy the .zip file again to the smartphone. I used "adb push" to copy it. Then try to install it again.
Perhaps because /userdata is encrypted. You will need to edit the fstab.qcom, change the "encryptable=ice" to "fileencryption=ice,quota". For doing that, you will need a recovery that supports encrypted partition, i.e., not the one from xiaomi.eu. Or you can do a complete wipe which wipes everything including your User data. Then flash the ROM again. Cheers!

Works like a charm! Thanks a lot!

Just one more question from my side: does xiaomi.eu have this automatic backup restore from google implemented?
It didn't prompt me to restore all my apps like it used to with global ROMs...
The google app restore never worked for me... Neither with the official global rom nor with the xiaomi.eu...
I always use the miui backup and restore it afterwards by copying the backup back to the phone - this is working for me.

Gesendet von meinem MI 6 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: dogiex
is anyone still having problem with spotify widget on lockscreen? on Mi8 I still have black rectangle (i wiped dalvik and cache and it didnt help)

Spotify widget still has black rectangle on lockscreen
4G on sim 1 is not working (no reception, If i change to 3g I get only E or H+ mobile data - and change takes few minutes)
android auto is still broken due to bad DPI,
i get no notification on the ALWAYS ON screen (it is writen that it should show time, date and notifications - there is only date and timeafter turning off bluetooth - I cant turn it on - only way is to reset the phone

there is no lag when using screen gestures - rom feels very fast and smooth - that is one good thing.

Last edited:
Not good on Note 5 Pro, to many bugs like:
Sometimes Bluetooth turns off without my help, sometimes fingerprint doesn't respond, it has a delay between switched application, weird lock screen, double WhatsApp notification....
That is from 1 hour usage ;)
I dirty flash over 6.8.21v2 (without this bugs) without root and other modifications.
I flashed 2 times and nothing changed.

MIUI 9 vs MIUI 10
I noticed slower charging speed between and little slower software speed
22ee3455f77966c46114a540d4aa4b93.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Bug...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-03-12-37-38-385_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-07-03-12-37-38-385_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 522
Great ROM, working very good on my Mi 6.

I noticed only one thing:
When I'm at office working I use the "silent" option to does not receive any notification sound, and for some reason suddenly my phone start to ring even in silent mode.

I try to press and unpress the silent mode several times but notifications sounds continue and in the highest possible. The workaround I did is to set the phone notification sound at the lowest possible and disable "silent" mode.

It is a xiaomi chinese bug or xiaomi.eu? Anyone with the same problem?

Everything else is good, I will continue using this ROM.

Very happy with this ROM in my MIx2. Problems? Sometimes the action of taking a picture slows down a bit. And a request, would it be possible to make the "transition" effect by making the multitasking gesture as sweet as when we went down / up the notification curtain ??? It would look like the Iphone X, I like that softness. Thank you very much

Idid it but still bootloop
bobolion Could I ask you some question?

1. Do you have Mi8SE in your hand ,right?
2. Which Mi8SE TWRP did you install?
I installed the Chinese TWRP. It works fine with China Dev rom, but bootloop with EU roms.
3. Could you send me the link of Mi8SE TWRP?

Someone posted the link of Mi8 TWRP and claimed that it also worked with Mi8SE.
However I tested it did not work with Mi8SE.

What settings it's need to receive notification on Messenger? If I chooise "urgent", the UI system give me crash..

Mi6

Also for me the Music app doesn't work in this version. When I try to launch it I get an error saying "res/drawable-xxhdpi/more.webp" was stopped. As I said before, I updated from 8.6.21 (no wipe, just updated via Updater tool) on my MIX2 and now I went back to it now for the time being (gladly always make Nandroid BU's).

First time i install xiaomi eu rom and i was impressed.Good job guys!!

Last edited:
bobolion Could I ask you some question?

1. Do you have Mi8SE in your hand ,right?
2. Which Mi8SE TWRP did you install?
I installed the Chinese TWRP. It works fine with China Dev rom, but bootloop with EU roms.
3. Could you send me the link of Mi8SE TWRP?

Someone posted the link of Mi8 TWRP and claimed that it also worked with Mi8SE.
However I tested it did not work with Mi8SE.
yes ! correct me to chinese themed twrp works fine but bootloop and continusly reboot on mi logo in .eu release

Reactions: MyNickIsMEE
Hi. I have a question. If I will install stable version of this rom on xiaomi mi8 China version (global is not available yet) will phone work like global? In Poland.

Hi. I have a question. If I will install stable version of this rom on xiaomi mi8 China version (global is not available yet) will phone work like global? In Poland.
There isn't yet stable version of EU ROM. Only Beta. And, first you need to unlock MI8 boot-loader, and probably wait 360 hours to do unlock. There is some differences between EU and Global ROM (read on first page).

Please bring back the possibility to group notifications as unimportant that is in China rom.

Noticing that phone starts hanging a lot while using a VPN on Mix 2S (NordVPN in my case), anyone experiencing the same?

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.