8.7.12 v2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, that's me again. I have downgraded to xiaomi.eu 8.7.5 Weekly and now I can unlock the phone but I receive a FC for the app "com.miui.smsextra.internal.SmsExtraApp". I am using MI6... wondering if anyone else had the same problem... maybe I should post this in the 8.7.5 forum BTW...

Thanks
Max.
If you have downgraded wiping only dalvik/cache and have errors, make a factory reset (wipe data) in twrp recovery should fix it.

Reactions: McMagno
This post related to the redmi note 5 pro AI (whyred).

I flashed this version on the rn5pro, coming from the global 9.5.17 using TWRP 3.2.2.0

At first I tried rooting it by flashing supersu 2.82 but it didn't work and my internal drive remained encrypted. I got those "Cannot mount /data and unable to find ***** footer" errors and couldn't do much about it.

Next, I formatted the internal data from TWRP, followed by flashing "magisk 16" and "DM-Verity and Forced Encryption disabler 6.0.zip". That worked!

At this point I installed and ran manual camera compatibility test from the play store and it showed nothing is supported by the device.

I edited 2 files using the mixplorer apk (google for it!) and opening the files using the code viewer (it has a search option):

I added the following line at the end of root\system\build.prop:
persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1 (to allow for camera 2 API)

I also edited root\system\etc\device_features\whyred.xml, searched for the words "line support_4k_camera_quality" and I changed its corresponding value to "True".

Now I have 4K30 fps video in the miui camera app (with stabilization, but I haven't tested it yet), 1080p30 fps and also 1080p60 fps (and the lower res options as well, but I never use them anyway).

All seems to work smooth and good. Only 2 bugs -
1. when I receive a single message in whatsapp I see it once (that part is OK), but hear the notification tone twice in succession (that part isn't).
2. when I am in a phone conversation and I get a message, I hear an annoying notification tone through the ear speaker (sounds like one of those default tones used in earlier Android versions ~android 5.x).

the Notification on Lockscreen Bug seems to be a theme problem since Miui10...

I installed this theme today : http://en.miui.com/thread-3054744-1-1.html (real Miui10 Theme from @Superwitschi)
and whatsapp notificaitons are shown on lockscreen !!

But I do not understand, why the default miui10 theme does not show notifications on lockscreen.

So maybe ALL themes needs to be updated

edit:
@SLiM
yeah, but for me, the default theme does not show notifcations on lockscreen (Mi6)

Last edited:
@ingbrzy @Igor Eisberg
Can you add additional options for camera miui?
Autofocus
Zero Shutter Lag
Denoise for photos and videos

Gb7flzyl.png
FOw4YgVl.png
P6JTYeSl.png

qmVy3m6l.png
kFzS2Tnl.png
This is the camera mod for MI4C, everything is working on xiaomi.eu 8.7.12 ;)
ModMiuiCamera_8712eu.zip

@deepblue2000
default theme
VSZNTOVl.jpg
NBrQNm6l.jpg
0JdZs61l.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dariooo
I can confirm that after the flashing of xiaomieu Roms 8.6.28,8.7.5, 8.7.12v2 my Redmi S2 will boot and stay in TWRP or MI recovery, depending on what is installed.

I have two Redmi S2 Global M1803E6G (1x 3-32GB, 1x 4-64GB, both dark gray). Both devices are unlocked and affected.

I searched the forum and internet, but now I know that only here, maybe someone knows a solution - the behavior only occurs when flashing the xiaomieu ROM. But I want to use the xiaomieu ROMs. I use them on all Xiaomi devices - the whole bloatware removed, adapted for us and so great support - Thanks for that to xiaomieu and everyone involved.

Delivery status:
  • 3-32GB: Global stable 9.5.3.0
  • 4-64GB: Global stable 9.5.9.0

Furthermore, I have used the following images as a basis for flashing the xiaomieu ROMs:
  • Global stable 9.5.14.0 (get via OTA)
  • Global stable 9.6.2.0 (get via OTA)
  • Global 8.7.5 (via TWRP)
  • Global 8.7.12 via MiFlash and TWRP (both tried)
The devices works with all these global Roms.

Then I boot into the TWRP (it does not matter if TWRP is installed or still MI-recovery),
  • When I was asked for the encryption password, I pressed cancel
  • formatted data partition and as well leave as it is and only wipe
  • with and without fresh restarting in TWRP after possible data format before flashing
(I've certainly spent more than 20 hours in the last 2 weeks to try all the combinations)

After flashing the xiaomieu ROMs, the S2 reboots into recovery. If I can help identify or resolve the problem, please do not be tempted to speak to me.
here are many Redmi S2 users with our ROM.. seems they have no issue.. so there are more models of S2..?

Reactions: in0ntz
This post related to the redmi note 5 pro AI (whyred).

I flashed this version on the rn5pro, coming from the global 9.5.17 using TWRP 3.2.2.0

At first I tried rooting it by flashing supersu 2.82 but it didn't work and my internal drive remained encrypted. I got those "Cannot mount /data and unable to find ***** footer" errors and couldn't do much about it.

Next, I formatted the internal data from TWRP, followed by flashing "magisk 16" and "DM-Verity and Forced Encryption disabler 6.0.zip". That worked!

At this point I installed and ran manual camera compatibility test from the play store and it showed nothing is supported by the device.

I edited 2 files using the mixplorer apk (google for it!) and opening the files using the code viewer (it has a search option):

I added the following line at the end of root\system\build.prop:
persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1 (to allow for camera 2 API)

I also edited root\system\etc\device_features\whyred.xml, searched for the words "line support_4k_camera_quality" and I changed its corresponding value to "True".

Now I have 4K30 fps video in the miui camera app (with stabilization, but I haven't tested it yet), 1080p30 fps and also 1080p60 fps (and the lower res options as well, but I never use them anyway).

All seems to work smooth and good. Only 2 bugs -
1. when I receive a single message in whatsapp I see it once (that part is OK), but hear the notification tone twice in succession (that part isn't).
2. when I am in a phone conversation and I get a message, I hear an annoying notification tone through the ear speaker (sounds like one of those default tones used in earlier Android versions ~android 5.x).

Can confirm the Whatsapp bug, also sending audios is not possible, the microphone does not record anything.

On the 8.7.12 v2, Mi5s. Having an extreme Android system drain on the battery.

View attachment 19436
You need to clean security app data every time it happens. Is a bug present in many devices since the release of Miui 9.5.2, and no one knows what triggers it. Sadly, the only way to fix is this.

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

I can confirm that after the flashing of xiaomieu Roms 8.6.28,8.7.5, 8.7.12v2 my Redmi S2 will boot and stay in TWRP or MI recovery, depending on what is installed.

I have two Redmi S2 Global M1803E6G (1x 3-32GB, 1x 4-64GB, both dark gray). Both devices are unlocked and affected.

I searched the forum and internet, but now I know that only here, maybe someone knows a solution - the behavior only occurs when flashing the xiaomieu ROM. But I want to use the xiaomieu ROMs. I use them on all Xiaomi devices - the whole bloatware removed, adapted for us and so great support - Thanks for that to xiaomieu and everyone involved.

Delivery status:
  • 3-32GB: Global stable 9.5.3.0
  • 4-64GB: Global stable 9.5.9.0

Furthermore, I have used the following images as a basis for flashing the xiaomieu ROMs:
  • Global stable 9.5.14.0 (get via OTA)
  • Global stable 9.6.2.0 (get via OTA)
  • Global 8.7.5 (via TWRP)
  • Global 8.7.12 via MiFlash and TWRP (both tried)
The devices works with all these global Roms.

Then I boot into the TWRP (it does not matter if TWRP is installed or still MI-recovery),
  • When I was asked for the encryption password, I pressed cancel
  • formatted data partition and as well leave as it is and only wipe
  • with and without fresh restarting in TWRP after possible data format before flashing
(I've certainly spent more than 20 hours in the last 2 weeks to try all the combinations)

After flashing the xiaomieu ROMs, the S2 reboots into recovery. If I can help identify or resolve the problem, please do not be tempted to speak to me.
I have 100% the same problem with my Redmi S2.
3GB-32 GB.

Gesendet von meinem MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

If you have downgraded wiping only dalvik/cache and have errors, make a factory reset (wipe data) in twrp recovery should fix it.
What if I wipe system and then reflash the MIUI? I would like to avoid wiping data if possible.

Thanks a lot
Max

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

AFAIK you could only hardbrick your device by donwgrading.
Switching from global MIUI 9 to MIUI 10 global/dev China/Eu (stable or weakly) is a upgrade. So, for me, no chance to brick your device ;-)

Many thanks for your awnser.

My redmi note 5 actualy have antirollback=4 (Rom global stable 9.5.19.0). In this case, if I change to 8.7.12 V2, do not brick my device right? And the antirollback, change to?

@ingbrzy One doubt why you have not left the notifications of the Chinese ROM beta miui10? which you have put in the EU are not better than the Chinese beta ROM

Hello guys,

I tried to install this ROM on my Xiaomi MI 8. I had previously a MIUI 9 China Stable version and I wanted to try the Xiaomi.eu ROM.
I unlocked my bootloader, and then via Fastbbot flashed the TWRP linked for MI 8 in the first post. Finally I made a full wipe and then installed the ROM.
And then nothing i'm stuck in a bootloop at the start of the phone.
I tried with different TWRP for MI 8, I also tried to flash a non-verify script (the last version) but unfortunately I always ended up with a bootloop.
I even tried to download everything again, I made a full wipe 2 or 3 times and then still nothing.

So i'm a little bit desesperate now, any idea about what i've done wrong ? or did I miss something in the process ?

Thanks for your time and keep the good work :)

Hello guys,

I tried to install this ROM on my Xiaomi MI 8. I had previously a MIUI 9 China Stable version and I wanted to try the Xiaomi.eu ROM.
I unlocked my bootloader, and then via Fastbbot flashed the TWRP linked for MI 8 in the first post. Finally I made a full wipe and then installed the ROM.
And then nothing i'm stuck in a bootloop at the start of the phone.
I tried with different TWRP for MI 8, I also tried to flash a non-verify script (the last version) but unfortunately I always ended up with a bootloop.
I even tried to download everything again, I made a full wipe 2 or 3 times and then still nothing.

So i'm a little bit desesperate now, any idea about what i've done wrong ? or did I miss something in the process ?

Thanks for your time and keep the good work :)
Did you choose the option "format data" in TWRP? (Where you have to type "yes" to confirm the format)
I had the same issue when I came from another rom and solved it using this option.

Gesendet von meinem MI 6 mit Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.