Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
1. Reboot seems to work everytime on my mi8
2. If I leave BT always on, this issue is not happening anymore (it was on the previous build)
3. Yeah, GPS doesnt seems stable in this build either, even with a FIX app like GPS TEST, I having real issues getting my GPS fixed (A-GPS doesnt seem to work well, I m using the server: supl.qxwz.com, not sure if it should be changed)
EDIT: It actually works very well when you are outside but not inside :) maybe that is the purpose of a GPS ahah I recall I could get a fix even inside...
4. The setting button has disappeared in the menu bar when switching down :(

I also have BT always on, yet it stopped a bunch of times. When GPS works I have 4/6 m accuracy outside (inside doesn't work very well/at all).
I think it has nothing to do with night power savings settings because it happened during the day too, and I don't think it's server related becuse it works just after rebooting.
As regards #4 you can change it back to settings icon in Settings - Notifications and statusbar

Reactions: AD@China
Hi there,
1. Reboot seems to work everytime on my mi8
2. If I leave BT always on, this issue is not happening anymore (it was on the previous build)
3. Yeah, GPS doesnt seems stable in this build either, even with a FIX app like GPS TEST, I having real issues getting my GPS fixed (A-GPS doesnt seem to work well, I m using the server: supl.qxwz.com, not sure if it should be changed)
EDIT: It actually works very well when you are outside but not inside :) maybe that is the purpose of a GPS ahah I recall I could get a fix even inside...
4. The setting button has disappeared in the menu bar when switching down :(
Try this settings, changed to All networks and server , for me worked, now inside buildings can achieve 4 or 5 satellites, before I had anything
034eec7b3e32366ddee467f1e1c88dbf.jpg

Enviado do meu MI 5 através do Tapatalk

I have had the same problem. After turning off automatic updates in Playstore battery life has increased significantly. For my Mi A1 with a factor 5, for my Redmi Note4x it doubled or tripled at least.

I already turned off auto updates. Today I removed the 2nd (disabled) simcard. Now battery life seems to be much better.

Hello community. I Had global firmware miui 9.5.19 installed on my xiaomi redmi note 5. i went to lineage os 15.1. Can i install miui 10(8.7.x) via twrp or will i brick my phone bec of rollback protection.

thanks in advance

Last edited:
I have the last version of miui 10 but lockscreen notifications still does not work for me. Any solution?
thanks.

Last edited:
Is it possible to check what apn are built into the system?
I want to change the GSM operator and I have several options. I would like apn to be created automatically.

I have no chance to customize status bar using Themes App on my Mi Note 2 ....How can i undertstand if it's due to rom, device or others ?

use of excessive battery. The battery discharges very fast, compared to the previous ROM. and 50/50% Spanish translations. See if the following ROM can improve the Xiaomi mi5 8.7.19
dbe5ce80fd44b7d9f593ef7083fe430e.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

I have no chance to customize status bar using Themes App on my Mi Note 2 ....How can i undertstand if it's due to rom, device or others ?
MIUI10 has changed some of the OS designs, NOT compatible old theme (for MIUI9, MIUI8...). You need to use a theme that is compatible with MIUI10.
(It is necessary to wait for the theme corresponding to MIUI10 to be released)

Reactions: lordofless
The Bluetooth connection is activated only if the device has been restarted, or it is in error if it is turned on after a while. (Mi 8) , and battery discharges very fast, compared to the previous ROM.

Reactions: b0jan_k
Hello community. I Had global firmware miui 9.5.19 installed on my xiaomi redmi note 5. i went to lineage os 15.1. Can i install miui 10(8.7.x) via twrp or will i brick my phone bec of rollback protection.

thanks in advance

If you had twrp already, you can install this rom (EU rom), no problem. I'm not sure about other rom.

I did clear installation on my Mi 5s yesterday and fingerprint unlock is working very well, faster than Miui 9. Today I'll put my photo to get face unlock working.

With mi5S and nova launcher the problem was not the reader fingerprint nova launcher to use the double tap to turn off the screen you have to set as administrator and this then makes you always ask the pattern even if you unlock with fingerprint ..
Sorry for my english with google translate

"Con mi5S e nova launcher il problema non era il lettore impronte ma nova launcher per usare il doppio tocco per spegnere lo schermo si deve impostare come amministratore e questo poi ti fa chiedere sempre il pattern anche se sblocchi con impronta...."

use of excessive battery. The battery discharges very fast, compared to the previous ROM. and 50/50% Spanish translations. See if the following ROM can improve the Xiaomi mi5 8.7.19
dbe5ce80fd44b7d9f593ef7083fe430e.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

Your mi5 is first gen (1.8 GHz)? or second gen (2.15 GHz)?
I think that the battery consumption depents of many factors (this is not excuse, your phone can have a battery drain anyway) but in your screenshot I see many time of use, in the 9 hours of usage. See “Despierto” (Awake) and “Pantalla” (Screen on) have the bar practically full arround the 9 hours.

I have a mi5 pro, in my device the battery consumption is excellent with this rom version. Always all depends that use of your phone, apps, screen time on, gps, wifi, bluetooth, life state of battery… etc

See my screenshots, I have different consumption, depending of my usage.

Scenario 1:
I finished the day with 37% of battery (3h 24m) of screen on, with many usage of Telegram X (many groups, gifs, videos, etc) and little bit of whasapp and 3 calls.

1.jpg

Scenario 2:
I finished the day with 8% of battery (6h 21m) of screen on. You can see the curve how is falling in the end, because in this time I used many time the browser (you can see the blue mark in wlan, awake and screen on)

2.jpg

All depends.

Edit: install a good firewall, and block all background traffic that you don't need, this help, and mark the difference.

hola, he instalado twrp 3.2.1.0, pero no me muestra los datos, no me enseña nada y no puedo instalar nada porque es como si no tuviera nada almacenado en las carpetas. me dice que los datos del sistema 0mb por favor, puedes ayudarme o guiarme porque esto me pasa a mí y lo que tengo que hacer para mostrarme los datos, muchas gracias.

este para instalar manualmente vía fastboot:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

o este otro para instalar usando la utilidad oficial de xiaomi:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

With mi5S and nova launcher the problem was not the reader fingerprint nova launcher to use the double tap to turn off the screen you have to set as administrator and this then makes you always ask the pattern even if you unlock with fingerprint ..
Sorry for my english with google translate

"Con mi5S e nova launcher il problema non era il lettore impronte ma nova launcher per usare il doppio tocco per spegnere lo schermo si deve impostare come amministratore e questo poi ti fa chiedere sempre il pattern anche se sblocchi con impronta...."
Yes, so what is the problem? This is by design, it's an Android behavior designed by Google.
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/8-7-12-v2.44949/page-33#post-428871
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/8-7-12-v2.44949/page-36#post-429059

Reactions: M3t3or4
Your mi5 is first gen (1.8 GHz)? or second gen (2.15 GHz)?
I think that the battery consumption depents of many factors (this is not excuse, your phone can have a battery drain anyway) but in your screenshot I see many time of use, in the 9 hours of usage. See “Despierto” (Awake) and “Pantalla” (Screen on) have the bar practically full arround the 9 hours.

I have a mi5 pro, in my device the battery consumption is excellent with this rom version. Always all depends that use of your phone, apps, screen time on, gps, wifi, bluetooth, life state of battery… etc

See my screenshots, I have different consumption, depending of my usage.

Scenario 1:
I finished the day with 37% of battery (3h 24m) of screen on, with many usage of Telegram X (many groups, gifs, videos, etc) and little bit of whasapp and 3 calls.

View attachment 19591

Scenario 2:
I finished the day with 8% of battery (6h 21m) of screen on. You can see the curve how is falling in the end, because in this time I used many time the browser (you can see the blue mark in wlan, awake and screen on)

View attachment 19592

All depends.

Edit: install a good firewall, and block all background traffic that you don't need, this help, and mark the difference.
How you got so may SOT if your details are almost without any activity....you said firewall, which do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.