Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 283 74.7%
  • NO

Votes: 96 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How you can say bootloop? It takes 10 to 15 minutes before booting up. Just wait and be patience.
I waited for boot up. Once the phone is booted and I get beyond the lockscreen, a number of processes crash continuously and after a while, the phone reboots into recovery. Thats what I call bootloop.

Reactions: jc rey
Classic theme is better now, but it's missing calendar, clock and weather icons...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-19-12-36-27-174_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-19-12-36-27-174_com.miui.home.png
    566.7 KB · Views: 373
Copy gps.conf to anywhere. Boot to TWRP, copy gps.conf to /etc, done.

No root needed. :)

If you have root you don't need to go via TWRP of course.

do you have compared the two files after your "replacing tourture" with TWRP?
Its the same one as before, TWRP say it has replaced with your gps.conf but its the same original one as before.
Just open you gps.conf with a text editor and compare the one you've downloaded and the one on your device. Its different !
You can replace it only with root and a root file explorer.
But nice to see that issues can be fixed on a basis of homeopathy :-D

Classic theme is better now, but it's missing calendar, clock and weather icons...

I have managed to get the old icons from Default theme (that is now called Classic) from older release of the rom.

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12Mko7oqM97qArFO-7oqHRG4mHAILNVk7

You have to put it on your internal or SD storage, then go to themes - click the profile icon - click themes - load theme - select the file - now you can apply the theme, it will only change the icons. :)

When loaded the theme is called "Classic Icons" in theme manager.

Kind regards. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-19-12-49-57-752_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-19-12-49-57-752_com.miui.home.png
    785.3 KB · Views: 349
  • Screenshot_2018-08-19-12-49-59-952_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-19-12-49-59-952_com.miui.home.png
    743.3 KB · Views: 348
It was the first charge, but it seems to me that it is draining a lot of battery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-19-00-32-09-929_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-19-00-32-09-929_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 339
My icons are wrong, markw Redmi 4 Pro

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-19-05-16-15-340_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-08-19-05-16-15-340_com.android.settings.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 307
Hi guys , every time that i use the cleaner app this shortcut adds itself to the home screen also this option to turn off the shortcut is turned on by itself always when i do the cleanup procedure , does anyone else have the same problem and maybe a way to fix it ? Device is mi8 dipper
Security app -> Settings (small top-right icon) -> Cleaner -> uncheck "Show Home screen shortcut".

Reactions: I_VOO
Security app -> Settings (small top-right icon) -> Cleaner -> uncheck "Show Home screen shortcut".
Thanks for the answer friend but as i wrote i turn it off but every time i use the Cleaner this setting turns on by itself and the shorcut appears again..

Reactions: cobben
Regarding ingbrzy..

Thanks For Your Awesome Work For MiUi.

I Update My mi5

But It's Got Bootloop.
Exactly the same! I rolled back to 8.8.9 with data clear, sa I lost all my apks.

Изпратено от моят MI 5 с помощта на Tapatalk

the administrators are getting tired of so much complaint ... we should think a bit before posting complaints ... normally the problems are for reasons beyond the rooms

My Mi 8's Updater (8.8.9) doesn't show 8.8.16 as the latest. The last time it notified me about 8.8.9
Should I download & flash manually? Anyone with Mi 8 having problems?

[QUOTE = "uuffoo, post: 437712, membro: 173149"] in base a questo http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3571913&extra=page=1&mobile=2

il changelog sono:
  • Corretti di insetti
  • Stabilità del sistema migliorata
[/ CITAZIONE]
[QUOTE = "uuffoo, post: 437712, membro: 173149"] in base a questo http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3571913&extra=page=1&mobile=2

il changelog sono:
  • Bug corretti
  • Stabilità del sistema migliorata
[/CITAZIONE]
Lo so. ma i bug che erano presenti prima (come Bluetooth e macchina fotografica) sono ancora presenti adesso !!

have no problem with the Bluetooth. i can turn it on and off without needed to restart my phone.

did you ever clean system or persist with twrp. did you ever try to check your sensor with sensor box or CIT? in case there are other sensor and bluetooth that not working maybe you need to flash persist.img like describe here https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/proximity-sensor-not-working.45205/

Reactions: Boomschakalaka
have no problem with the Bluetooth. i can turn it on and off without needed to restart my phone.

did you ever clean system or persist with twrp. did you ever try to check your sensor with sensor box or CIT? in case there are other sensor and bluetooth that not working maybe you need to flash persist.img like describe here https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/proximity-sensor-not-working.45205/

Just tested my Bluetooth headphones on the Mi 8 on 8.8.16, pairing, connecting, playing music and then toggling airplane mode several times. The headphones always reconnected successfully and playback worked flawlessly.

Reactions: Boomschakalaka
Screenshot_2018-08-19-14-47-15-967_com.miui.home.png
I ended up having the same issue as another user reported. I found out today because I usually use just 3 pages on the launcher (miui), and these appeared on another page. I grouped them into a folder, they can't be uninstalled, and they don't appear in dual apps, you can't even select them.
Not bothering me that much, just saying. :)
(Mi Mix)

Reactions: lezinboy
sorry i know probably this post is against rules number 3 about released rom. Just wanna ask about re-released mi5 rom, is it still have problem with theme like weird icon on launcher, wrong icon on pop up permission (for example location permission with download upload icon), weird name app (like security change to key_xxxx forgot, already clean flash to 8.8.9 again, sorry) force closed messaging, default browser (caused by theme on log).

I know i can just download and try it myself, but if something weid probably i will downgrade again to 8.8.9, but i can't dirty flash from 8.8.16 because it will caused problem with my system (log tell like cant use database 108 in 107 build or something) so basically need clean flash.

do you have compared the two files after your "replacing tourture" with TWRP?
Its the same one as before, TWRP say it has replaced with your gps.conf but its the same original one as before.
Just open you gps.conf with a text editor and compare the one you've downloaded and the one on your device. Its different !
You can replace it only with root and a root file explorer.
But nice to see that issues can be fixed on a basis of homeopathy :-D
The file was missing on my phone.. Can't compare with nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.