• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
8.8.24 works great on the Mi 8.
  • German language doesn't make System UI crash anymore
  • BT works fine
  • Reboot works fine, too
  • OK Google doesn't work
  • Updater of 8.8.16 showed the Update 8.8.23 including the Changelog, but when I tapped on Download, it said, that I'm already up to date, so I downloaded it from one of the sources

Last edited:
Reactions: Egorasik
8.8.24 works great on the Mi 8.
  • German language doesn't make System UI crash anymore
  • BT works fine
  • Reboot works fine, too
  • The only thing I would mention is, that Updater showed the Update, but when I tapped on Download, it said, that I'm already up to date, so I downloaded it from one of the sources.

Just to know, for you "ok google" and "AOD notifications" are working?
I've cleaned the cache, reinstalled Google Assistant, enabled all type of notifications... but these two features are not working for me :(
For the rest, all ok, also AR Core, and *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* (also with AR sticker... is really big fun to make videos with the Stormtrooper :) )

Last edited:
That seems to be an issue with Google. I've seen reports all over the web affecting Samsung, LG, Xiaomi, etc. Google acknowledged issues with the app but that's from Aug, 8th. They're probably still resolving them.

Reactions: gulp79
Just to know, for you "ok google" and "AOD notifications" are working?
I've cleaned the cache, reinstalled Google Assistant, enabled all type of notifications... but these two features are not working for me :(
I can confirm, that OK Google and AOD notifications don't work. When AOD is active and a new notification comes in, the display goes active instead with the notification, but nothing happens on the AOD.

Reactions: gulp79
In my Mi8, the GPS has perfect reception (0.8m accuracy)
View attachment 20403

I've just edited a little my gps.conf to enable european ntp servers, but nothing more...

Hello, thanks for the information. How long does it take to find your location when you are at home, or at garage? (somewhere away from the windows :)

What exactly you have changed in the conf file?

Hello, thanks for the information. How long does it take to find your location when you are at home, or at garage? (somewhere away from the windows :)

What exactly you have changed in the conf file?

In closed space, i have a fix (with wifi, so not a very accurate position) in about 30 / 40 seconds...

for the gps.conf, i attach the original and the modified versions, so you can check by yourself, there are 18 lines modified

Attachments

• gps_my_mod.conf.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 438
  • gps_xiaomiEU.conf.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 404
ребят подскажите где тут скачать прошивку,я нажимаю на загрузки а перекидывает на форумы.

Hi,
Do you have issues when trying to install this update through TWRP Recovery? OTA Updater? Or even just trying to reboot into recovery normally through the reboot menu?
Every time i have tried the above methods, i get a blank screen, with nothing for ages, then i have to restart my Device (Mi Max Hyrogen) So i am stuck, on the 8.8.6 Rom, which is not good. Not sure what is going on, with it, but i've never experienced this in any Xioami Rom before. Are you having the same issues and is anybody else reading this having the same issues as me? If so have you fixed it? and if so how?
I have updated with TWRP as always.

Since miui 10, my mi5 is very laggy and it takes hours to open thirdy parts apps (WhatsApp for example)
I remember in MIUI 9 there was an update that solved lag for mi5 specifically. @ingbrzy maybe you can do an update like that in the near future? Thanks
mi5 (gemini)

For some reason mi5 stopped working with quick charge adapter. I've encountered problems earlier with QC not charging fast, but changing the cable fixed the problem. With the last update quick charge dissapeared right after flash (never seen the lightning icon with a circle appear). Does QC work for you?

ребят подскажите где тут скачать прошивку,я нажимаю на загрузки а перекидывает на форумы.
Есть переход на андроидфайлс. Там уже по наименованию телефона найдёшь свою прошивку. Если её нет, значит в задержке или пока не завезли

Есть переход на андроидфайлс. Там уже по наименованию телефона найдёшь свою прошивку. Если её нет, значит в задержке или пока не завезли
english forum thank you

Mi8 seems okay so far, most importantly, GPS now works!

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

For some reason mi5 stopped working with quick charge adapter. I've encountered problems earlier with QC not charging fast, but changing the cable fixed the problem. With the last update quick charge dissapeared right after flash (never seen the lightning icon with a circle appear). Does QC work for you?
Yes

Reactions: braintweaker
Reupped version for the Redmi note 4 installs and works fine now- thanks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Well, float notification mixed in WhatsApp .
Kenzo
Great job guys, keep it like that ;)

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

REDMI NOTE 4 MTK ( NIKEL )

After downloading from this forum link, My NIKEL was 100% can use this 8.8.23 Version

1. I flash without wipe data. 100% works for me
2. After step 1, I test wipe data ( do not wipe dalvik & cache ). And tada.... work like a charm.

Thanks a lot to this MIUI 10 Version

Hi guys the rom is so fast and very smooth also many bugs fixed definitely worth the wait , many thanks for the hard work that you do , also i got a question. Why Fortnite for android can not be played on the mi8 does anybody know the answer is it because of the unlocked bootloader of the phone or because of this fail in check of the safety net in the first picture ?
You're using an outdated SafetyNet checking app. Here's a proper one for you:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scottyab.safetynet.sample

@ingrbzy and developers
Hi guys thanks for endless efforts first of all. On my Mi5s i cannot install any beta after 8.8.3 cos every followers versions cause the screen get on and off every 2 sec. I cant do anything so I can't take a screenshot of the logs.
There is something wrong somewhere cos i get we are several people suffering this problem. Just to let you know if it is possible fixing it. Thanks in advance.
factory reset, then flash the rom

Status
Not open for further replies.