Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else with Fingerprint Problem?

Mine on my Mi6 is very often not responding on the first touch.

I have to put my finger 2 or 3 times on the reader. 2 or 3 times the phone will not unlock and reader is vibrating.

On the 3rd try it will unlock.

It's definitely more often not working when the screen is turned off a longer time.

Can someone help to resolve the problem.

Thanks.

PS also deleted all fingerprints and recorded 5 new ones but it's the same.

Yes me, with a MI5. But I can't find the fingerprint settings anymore.

Well, this simply isn't so. You were complaining, verbatim, "But for everyone´s sake and peace of mind, before presenting an unfinished product, hold back for a week or two to sort things out first." - that CLEARLY is about the beta, not the stable. And because they already DO this, there is no stable for the Mi8 yet.

You say "If there was a Stable custom rom available , i would use it, but, for Mi8 there is none !" to which I answered that the phone came with a stable ROM. It is your choice to install a custom ROM instead of the stock ROM your device had, but if there isn't any yet, you'll have to wait until it is ready. "Bitching" will not make anything faster, and doing so in a thread about weekly betas doesn't make much sense either.

Pretty often stable versions are not so stable as their nomenclature would suggest.

Reactions: jc rey
Yes me, with a MI5. But I can't find the fingerprint settings anymore.

It's under settings - screen lock & password - manage fingerprint

Zu finden unter Einstellungen - Bildschirmsperre und Passwort - Fingerabdrücke verwalten

It's under settings - screen lock & password - manage fingerprint

Zu finden unter Einstellungen - Bildschirmsperre und Passwort - Fingerabdrücke verwalten

Leider gibt es das dort nicht mehr. It isn't in this place anymore.
Screenshot_2018-08-15-21-18-11-654_com.android.settings.png

Well, this simply isn't so. You were complaining, verbatim, "But for everyone´s sake and peace of mind, before presenting an unfinished product, hold back for a week or two to sort things out first." - that CLEARLY is about the beta, not the stable. And because they already DO this, there is no stable for the Mi8 yet.

You say "If there was a Stable custom rom available , i would use it, but, for Mi8 there is none !" to which I answered that the phone came with a stable ROM. It is your choice to install a custom ROM instead of the stock ROM your device had, but if there isn't any yet, you'll have to wait until it is ready. "Bitching" will not make anything faster, and doing so in a thread about weekly betas doesn't make much sense either.
Unfortunately, depending on where you buy your phone, it won't come with the stable version. I bought my Mi 8 and it came pre-installed with MIUI 10 8.6.28 from xiaomi.eu. The seller probably thought he was helping out but depending on the buyer, it could end up being more of a hassle. Maybe Stashmy was in this situation.

Fortunently, I had previous experience with my Redmi Note 3 so I've reflashed from scratch in order to prevent any malware (never know) while staying with the beta version (no stable MIUI 10) and that moment it was my choice.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Hello, I use global rom and I want to install eu rom but I don't know how to make full backup. Can you tell me please that how can I make full backup without problem?
And does root work in this rom?

Hello, is it possible to see notifications on notch device lime MI8 SE instead of clock? I hate that i don't see any notification in status bar...

Same thing on REDMI 6 PRO. I really hate this too!!! Love the notch - but even love more being informed whats going on! Didnt know this. If I would have known -> wouldnt have bought the device. Wouldnt buy anymore .... no notifications, camera app crashes in portrait mode, unlocking bootloader is a pain, rollback/downgrade is blocked, ... several bugs. Loved XIAOMI devices for many years now. but those things are driving me crazy. Need a working phone to work ...

Reactions: Ryoma
Please tell me How to block sms messages in this rom.

MI 8 SE cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Unfortunately, depending on where you buy your phone, it won't come with the stable version. I bought my Mi 8 and it came pre-installed with MIUI 10 8.6.28 from xiaomi.eu. The seller probably thought he was helping out but depending on the buyer, it could end up being more of a hassle. Maybe Stashmy was in this situation.

Fortunently, I had previous experience with my Redmi Note 3 so I've reflashed from scratch in order to prevent any malware (never know) while staying with the beta version (no stable MIUI 10) and that moment it was my choice.

What's stable rom did you put on please?
Was it just a simple twrp wipe then flash?

Edit

Sorry just read again, not on a bus and see, no stable rom.
Unfortunately I can't delete my question!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunshin82

ok, you're right, if you buy your phone from some fishy reseller, it might have a strange ROM on it. I had this once, too. But in this case, if you want a stable ROM, install the official one if a custom ROM is not yet available. You can change at any time in the future anyway.

Reactions: Gunshin82
[QUOTE = "Almendruco, post: 435738, membro: 179998"] Funciona bem em Mi8 [/ QUOTE]
tks feedback

[QUOTE = "frason, post: 435751, membro: 188067"] Mi8 brilhou, parece bem até agora. Obrigado equipe. [/ QUOTE]
tks feedback

Can anyone confirm it it's easy to go to China rom from this rom?
I was thinking of flashing the China stable miui9 using twrp.
Or maybe even global stable 9.5.13.0
Thanks in advance

mi4c randomly freezes and when I restart it, keeping the power button down, it loops. Only way to restart is to go into twrp and do a system reboot.

Can anyone confirm it it's easy to go to China rom from this rom?
I was thinking of flashing the China stable miui9 using twrp.
Or maybe even global stable 9.5.13.0
Thanks in advance

You can use MiFlash, just make sure to have unlocked bootloader, and download the right fastboot file

Reactions: qbert
Mi8 using 'Google clock' always miss the alarm whenever screen not active

I do not see the phone memory when connected to the computer, how to see and copy the document into it. I use the nickel rom. Thsk!

Status
Not open for further replies.