Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange. What can I do wrong?

If I flash the Rom without Magisk the battery menu is working fine.

Then I flash magisk and the battery menu is crashing instantly.

Not the biggest problem but it would be fine if I can use battery statistics.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks.
Have you tried to clean dalvik and cache?

In my case the crash issue was present in 8.8.2/8.8.3 and it included even trying to view videos on messenger. Now it seems to be working but sending video messages will make app crash anyway. However the message will be sent!
Mi5
That means universal problem :(

Can I uprgrade ROM thrue TWRP with ROM.zip + magisk.zip in One pass like always do (miui.zip +supersu.zip ; reboot) or must be
2 pass ? (miui.zip + reboot; twrp again +magisk.zip reboot)
(MI4c)
On mi5s I use the first case: reboot in recovery, update.zip, magisk.zip, reboot to go

Just installed it after unlocking bootloader few minutes ago in MI8, did the following:

- Format data
- Install zip; Install magisk;
- Wipe data/cache/dalvik

The set up is really slow, sometimes button (like set up wifi) doesnt even work. Gonna try wipe cache again let's see if it starts working..

Just installed it after unlocking bootloader few minutes ago in MI8, did the following:

- Format data
- Install zip; Install magisk;
- Wipe data/cache/dalvik

The set up is really slow, sometimes button (like set up wifi) doesnt even work. Gonna try wipe cache again let's see if it starts working..
Reboot 2-3 times.

Reactions: andriyleu
So, you gonna say that's normal? Yes, I can agree EU ROMs are very good but ROMs which are worser don't have Network Triangulation problem ON SAME CHINA BASE. How is this possible?
Yes, can be normal. Do you understand the term beta code? Probably not.

Sent from my Jason using Tapatalk and mask

guys, just to check.. i'm reading all the issues with this rom on this thread..

i am currently on 8.8.3, i do not need to update every week one right? I can just wait for the next major update and flash to new rom without lost of apps or data?
No you do not need, this is up to you.
In cas eyou want to test, make a twrp backup of the previous then test the new release.
Every weekly have bugs pros ans cons, it depends on each user.

install on Mi8, no issus so far, but i didn't check everything : face unlock ok, Ai foto ok, gps ok

Updated.All fine on Mix2. Cant find any glitches....Able to use all themes too...

889f0d7f909e047495e720540cf4776c.jpg
08a7eefc32235b10f24e1728989b8ff8.jpg

Sent from my MIX 2 using Tapatalk
b60d7c8f2523aac2edc4652d7c4c7825.jpg
ba1c832a721e0f6e48e78d1b262bbb6e.jpg

A Big bug on mi note 3. I hace downgrade yo 8.8.3. the setrings has gor black .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-11-14-17-21-067_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-11-14-17-21-067_com.android.settings.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 354
A Big bug on mi note 3. I hace downgrade yo 8.8.3. the setrings has gor black .
interesting, I have read this from others, too, but my Mi Note 3 doesn't have this problem. Try a different theme to see if it goes away. I use "limitless".

@derfl
same like 8.8.2...

after upgrade to 8.8.9 and install magisk 16.7 battery menu crashes...
so..I installed the 8.8.9 zip again, and rooted again , then it works.

so just update from 8.8.9 to 8.8.9 again and install magisk , everything is fine

I dont know why, but after second flash/root it works

But so far, 8.8.9 is much more better than 8.8.2 !
*no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* Autofocus is working again and everything seems smoother, battery seems to be ok again.

Last edited:
you're welcome. I also think this is a weird place to "hide" the setting, everyone would expect it in the SIM card settings, right?
you are so right, let's claim for revolution ! " We want SIM settings in the right place" !

I have a question....i had a redmi 5 plus and while i try ti research the update day me that i already the last update....i had xiaomi.eu 8.8.3 weekly

Status
Not open for further replies.