Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic icons still haven't been fixed. I don't know what you are waiting for.

there is nothing that can be "fixed" - changing the default theme is at the discretion of the developers. Especially in beta versions we often see such changes. Some we like, some we hate, but none of them we can consider "bugs" that can be fixed. I personally find the presence of only a dark theme in the clock app a bug. But I am totally sure many others don't. At least for the icons there are plenty of themes and icon sets to choose from.

Thanks Xiaomi EU Team! Running smooth in my modo and the Google widget is rounded corners now.
Screenshot_2018-08-11-18-54-12-742_com.miui.home.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-11-18-54-12-742_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-11-18-54-12-742_com.miui.home.png
    222 KB · Views: 370
Reactions: Adeolu
CHANGELOG 8.8.9

System
New - AI preloaded functionality [Android 8.x] (08-09)
Optimization - To reduce the missing alarm rate of the screen - lifting algorithm (08-09)
Fix - Automatic brightness in some scenes when unlocking the bright screen will first light and then dim the problem (08-09)

Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
Fix - The backgroud of Notification Bar not showing accurate after applying the Third-Party Themes
Fix - The notification of SIM Card I supporting HD call that cannot be removed

- The update is suspended for Mi MIX 2S due to the Android P testing work. The Android P upgrade plan for other devices will be announced soon. Please stay tuned to latest info.

Known issue
- None
Doesn't work Google Pay on mi6.

there is nothing that can be "fixed" - changing the default theme is at the discretion of the developers. Especially in beta versions we often see such changes. Some we like, some we hate, but none of them we can consider "bugs" that can be fixed. I personally find the presence of only a dark theme in the clock app a bug. But I am totally sure many others don't. At least for the icons there are plenty of themes and icon sets to choose from.
I'm not arguing the fact they changed the default theme but the fact that the classic "old" theme icons are fu**ed up. Read here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?posts/435226

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

*no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* work on redmi note 4x?
@derfl
same like 8.8.2...

after upgrade to 8.8.9 and install magisk 16.7 battery menu crashes...
so..I installed the 8.8.9 zip again, and rooted again , then it works.

so just update from 8.8.9 to 8.8.9 again and install magisk , everything is fine

I dont know why, but after second flash/root it works

But so far, 8.8.9 is much more better than 8.8.2 !
*no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* Autofocus is working again and everything seems smoother, battery seems to be ok again.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

I've just went on a one day trip and I got issues with the GPS. It had my position but apparently not precise enough to guide me properly.

I also had issued with my mobile data in either 4G or H+. Sometimes it didn't work at all. So I had to connect to my wife's hotspot.

In order to fix both issues, I had to reboot but that only brought a temporary solution. This brings me to my last issue. Rebooting or shutting down my phone only brought me to a black screen. I had to long press the power button to be able to reboot.

Mi 8 MIUI 10 8.8.9

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Hey, I downloaded 8.8.9 for Omega (Redmi Pro). Flashed for good, but can't boot past Mi Logo. Been stuck in this state for at least 20 mins. Any suggestion?
Same on my redmi pro. First boot was extremely long.
But battery life is finally improved ;)

I've just went on a one day trip and I got issues with the GPS. It had my position but apparently not precise enough to guide me properly.

I also had issued with my mobile data in either 4G or H+. Sometimes it didn't work at all. So I had to connect to my wife's hotspot.

In order to fix both issues, I had to reboot but that only brought a temporary solution. This brings me to my last issue. Rebooting or shutting down my phone only brought me to a black screen. I had to long press the power button to be able to reboot.

Mi 8 MIUI 10 8.8.9

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

That issue is there from day 1, a damn shame that such big issue isn't fixed already.

[QUOTE="I've just went on a one day trip and I got issues with the GPS. It had my position but apparently not precise enough to guide me properly.

In order to fix both issues, I had to reboot but that only brought a temporary solution. This brings me to my last issue. Rebooting or shutting down my phone only brought me to a black screen. I had to long press the power button to be able to reboot." /QUOTE]

Same problems on my mi 8, really annoying. Hope they fix it soon.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI MAX 2 met Tapatalk

Redmi Note 3 Pro: since I upgraded to MIUI 10 I notice higher battery consumption and smartphone warming. Let's see if with 8.8.9 it improves that.

Since I upgraded to MIUI 10 I notice higher battery consumption and smartphone warming. Let's see if with 8.8.9 it improves that.

me, too. I was very happy with battery life in MIUI 9 under Android 7 on my Mi Note 3, and had hoped that it gets even better under Android 8, but the opposite is true. 8.7.12 was not good at all, 8.8.3 was reasonable, but still worse than the MIUI 9 ROMs. Let's see what 8.8.9 brings.

Reactions: jc rey and Dailosrp
Status
Not open for further replies.