Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MAJOR BUG HIT MIUI 10 V.8.8.9 UPDATE – XIAOMI SUSPENDS ITS ROLLOUT

https://www.gizchina.com/2018/08/12...aomi-suspends-its-rollout/?utm_source=ixbtcom
Why does it seem like each week the roms are getting worse and not better ?
I have a brand new Mi8 not even a month old and it hasn´t worked 100 % correctly yet.
For the most part it runs well except for gps and rebooting , but those are very important functions that should work 100 % before a rom is even released for download, don´tcha think ?

I'm not using Mi8 but try this. Uninstall google app update. Configure Ok Google. Then update google app. It worked for me.
Thanks for the tip. So it works in the google application as well as on maps as long that I don't install the update. But doesn't work outside of those apps.

Once I update Google, it stops everywhere even though it has all the rights and is set as the default assist app.

So this returns to my initial question, anyone with a rooted Mi 8 tried moving Google to the system app?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

I have a brand new Mi8 not even a month old and it hasn´t worked 100 % correctly yet.
For the most part it runs well except for gps and rebooting , but those are very important functions that should work 100 % before a rom is even released for download, don´tcha think ?
It is Beta release and free - you get what you pay for......

Reactions: pittrich67
just recently moved to eu and the question arose, the lack of a curtain on the lock screen is a feature or flaw in the localizer?

To everyone having safety net issues, looks like it's not an xiaomi.eu issue:

SafetyNet API seems to be completely down on Google's side. I've tested on a 100% stock, bootloader locked device and still get SafetyNet request failures.
Can anyone confirm this? (@topjohnwu)

Reactions: Ryoma and exxxtasy
To everyone having safety net issues, looks like it's not an xiaomi.eu issue:

SafetyNet API seems to be completely down on Google's side. I've tested on a 100% stock, bootloader locked device and still get SafetyNet request failures.
Can anyone confirm this? (@topjohnwu)

same here, safety net doesnt pass.
i just tried to pay via google pay in a shop and it gets rejected. Really Nice Google !

@derfl

battery app/secuirty crashing again for, after it was working for 2 days...
uninstalled magisk and it does still crash, so it has nothing to do with magisk.

it is a xiaomi miui bug ! if you google: "miui 8.8.9 battery security" many results..
"securtiy" crashes very often since 8.8.2/8.8.9

so we have to wait.

Mi Note 2 Scorpio got this problem with settings, but not Mix1 lithium or Max1 helium, for some reason.

What I notice is if you just open the Settings icon, don't do anything more, and then look in Recents, it is named "Set data warning", not "Settings".

??

Only some of the menues in Settings have the blackout problem.

Most everything seems to work, except the search bar in Settings is squished at the top, and I could not look at Default apps in installed apps.

Reinstalling the ROM did not help, am now trying a factory reset with restore of the same data that is corrupted.:p

addendum:

That didn't help, but at least now I have tested restore in TWRP.

Downloaded the rom again, same sha1 and md5.

Haven't had time to reflash the rom yet, but everything works in the phone except about half of the settings.

(This is about the blacked out settings menues, my device Mi Note 2, but seems to hit randomly.)

Decided to not bother with reflashing the second copy of the rom, rather did another factory reset and then restored the TWRP backup of the data partition I had taken a few days before, done while still on eu weekly 8.7.12.

Now everything seems ok, all setup menues work, and I only had to reinstall one app that I had installed after that TWRP backup.

The only thing I can think of that might have provoked this was playing around with a few themes, at least one of which was not approved for MIUI 10.

Did a clean install this morning on a redmi note 3 pro kenzo and so far everything works. I flashed it over the official weekly global rom (latest with MIUI 9). After flashing, wiped everything except SD card. Can't comment about the battery, I will know after a couple of days but it seems normal for now.

Thank you! :)

HELP!!! SOS!!!
Someone was able to FLASH the firmware on REDMI 6A???????
READ MY
POST & HELP PLEASE. SORRY FOR BIG TEXT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryoma
Hi. 5X camera bug.
The normal camera mode is not working properly in case of using the portrait mode previously.
The very first photo(normal mood) after the portrait mood is getting extra zoomed(without any zoom action used by user) and the rest is working properly

https://streamable.com/kln62

Last edited:
can you change sidebars for volume and brightness with themes

Last edited:
Already from the previous version no more notifications appear in the lock screen; how can you solve? All permissions are anabled... (Mi4c)
Partially resolved; applying the Classic theme first and resetting the Default theme, the notifications are back on the lock screen.
They are still missing on the notification bar

same here, safety net doesnt pass.
i just tried to pay via google pay in a shop and it gets rejected. Really Nice Google !

For me (on Jason, 8.8.9, rooted with Magisk 16.4), safety net sometimes passes, then a second later it doesn't, or the opposite order. Sometimes it passes continuously, sometimes it fails several times in a row, and then passes. This clearly has to do with something outside of the device, most probably on Google's side.

I have a question for you, dev. I want to make a translation into Russian (much better quality translation) . What am I supposed to do if I am not a developer or kinda like geek?

If you want a device that "works 100% correctly", you should not even think about installing beta software on it. It's beta for a reason, you know.

Reactions: Rolph Muller
Status
Not open for further replies.