Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on dont be like that you get a update every week. Its a beta version what goes good in the previous version can be bad in the next version. The developers are human like you, and mistakes are there to improve the quality.
Stay on stable if you don't like it, Beta's are here so people can test them and report bugs and so that YOU can get a stable version in a couple months.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk

I don´t like to step on any toes, but it is very easy for some people here to say; these roms are free, you get what you paid for. But, the problem i/we all face as new Mi8 users is that for anyone who has been around this scene for a while , we have been seduced and spoiled for years of knowing that a good forum with frequent updates of Custom roms for Chinese phones is available to European phone owners and we have used this knowledge in our decision making of what new phones to purchase, so who is at fault here ? If i had known that the developmental ethics of major phone brands are getting significantly worse each year, i would have purchased the Zenfone 5Z instead.
Also troublefree is the Umidigi Z2 phone i got for my son, Stock Android 8.1 with no need to customize.
The developers are the ones who are smart enough to build these custom roms and i am sure it is like a drug for them also, knowing how to create software for the masses who keep asking for more.
I´ll turn the coin around and say, if you don´t want to create functional software , then don´t!
No one is making you do it.
But for everyone´s sake and peace of mind, before presenting an unfinished product, hold back for a week or two to sort things out first.
If there was a Stable custom rom available , i would use it, but, for Mi8 there is none !

Last edited:
Go back to official miui rom global rom supports now Dutch language. (Ja ik gebruik nu de officiële rom deze update sneller en heeft nu ook de Nederlandse taal.)
Kun je me de link geven?
Gebruik je de beta of de stable?
En dan de vraag of je de fastboot ROM of de recovery ROM gebruikt....

Last edited:
I don´t like to step on any toes, but it is very easy for some people here to say; these roms are free, you get what you paid for. But, the problem i/we all face as new Mi8 users is that for anyone who has been around this scene for a while , we have been seduced and spoiled for years of knowing that a good forum with frequent updates of Custom roms for Chinese phones is available to European phone owners and we have used this knowledge in our decision making of what new phones to purchase, so who is at fault here ? If i had known that the developmental ethics of major phone brands are getting significantly worse each year, i would have purchased the Zenfone 5Z instead.
Also troublefree is the Umidigi Z2 phone i got for my son, Stock Android 8.1 with no need to customize.
The developers are the ones who are smart enough to build these custom roms and i am sure it is like a drug for them also, knowing how to create software for the masses who keep asking for more.
I´ll turn the coin around and say, if you don´t want to create functional software , then don´t!
But for everyone´s sake and peace of mind, before presenting an unfinished product, hold back for a week or two to sort things out first.
If there was a Stable custom rom available , i would use it, but, for Mi8 there is none !
All I'm saying dont be a noob

send from MI5 with Tapatalk

When you got your phone, it came with a stable ROM. It is your choice to leave it as it is, or install beta software on it to be at the frontline of ROM development. Why do you think that other phones come "with no need to customize", but on your device you tinker to get the latest feature set? There is also no need to customize for Xiaomi phones. As I said, it is your choice, your's alone. And as always in life, choices come with consequences.
I certainly don't say that I like bugs such as the Bluetooth self-deactivation bug in MIUI10, but yes, they come as a consequence of MY choice to install the new beta ROM. On the ROM the device came with, this bug did not exist. But installing a beta is something you do to help development. You install it, you report bugs, and you live with the fact that from one week to the next features can come and go, and bugs, too. Beta ROMs are not for the faint-at-heart, and they are not MEANT to be "ready for the general public" - although they are stable enough most of the time. If people complain about bugs in beta software, with an attitude that there shouldn't be any bugs (just because one day in the past they paid money for the phone), it is likely that companies go back to the scenario we come from: not releasing ANY beta to the public, and with a much much slower rate of development.
Long story short: Don't install beta software if you're not willing to help in the development, and understand that a beta is ALWAYS "an unfinished product".

It's very simple, if you want a bug free rom then go back to stock stable rom. Be thankful to these devs putting time and their resources to made this wonderful rom instead of complaining. They did not forced you to use their roms.

Reactions: Ignazio Paganotti
Should I wish to put a stable rom on my mi8, is it simply a case of flashing with twrp like I have on my mi2 and mi5 in the past or is there some issue to prevent that?
Lack of GPS is just tedious

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

hi i am using whyred / Redmi Note 5 Ai, can i ask something
1. this using latest RADIO/baseband/modem firmware ?
2. after using miui eu, can flash to custom rom like lineageos?
3. its encrypt or decrypt data?

When I type 'region' it appears in a red color. It can not be tapped, does not react.
Same here... Redmi note 3 pro - kenzo. It appears in search in red color under additional options. When I tap it, it tries to launch region but then it switches back to search results with region in red color. When I go under additional options, there is no region. Not that I need it, just saying...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-14-20-53-31-516_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-14-20-53-31-516_com.android.settings.png
    140.8 KB · Views: 297
  • Screenshot_2018-08-14-20-53-21-319_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-14-20-53-21-319_com.android.settings.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 291
I have never done a clean flash. Can you tell me how to do it? Do I lose all my data? Thanks
In twrp delete everything except sd card and then flash the rom. After flashing delete dalvik and cache and reboot. Yes, you will lose all data so make a backup before. There's an option in twrp but I never used it so I'm not sure what exactly gets backed up

Reactions: Vasco Sousa
So, I got over 6 hours of SOT in about 27 hours of usage. This is with first use after a clean install, meaning I had to reinstall all apps, settings etc. so I guess it can only improve with further use. Great job as far as I'm concerned :emoji_thumbsup: Redmi note 3 pro - kenzo

Is there a multiquote option on this forum, I don't see it on my mobile?

Same here... Redmi note 3 pro - kenzo. It appears in search in red color under additional options. When I tap it, it tries to launch region but then it switches back to search results with region in red color. When I go under additional options, there is no region. Not that I need it, just saying...

A good many versions back ingbrzy wrote that all xiaomi.eu ROMs have PL (Poland) set as region, there is never any need to change that, changing region would just cause problems, and he then removed the possibility to change the region.

Any ROMs that still have the region parameter changeable are probably just an oversight.

As far as I can recall, there were only a few people complaining about Mi Remote not working correctly because of region set to PL, don't know if that was a real problem or not, or if there may be any other valid reasons.

One can of course go change region in build.prop, not sure if that is a good idea or what might happen.

so, it is as I suggested: obviously device-dependent. On my jason I have no problem with it.

regarding "there is no need to change the region" - there are many things in life for which there is "no need". Usually it is exactly these things that are fun and make life nice. I have absolutely nothing against any region in the world, let alone the people that life there, but if I am not in Poland then I don't want my device set to Poland. Nor Switzerland, nor Zimbabwe. I just want to set it correctly, with no offense to anybody.

I think you got your answer from others. The phone you got it with some rom. This one is stable. You decide to unlock (warning was there) and you decide not wait for global. Your choice, so don't complain.

Sent from my Jason using Tapatalk and mask

Mi 3 too an error
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

help
cannot update 8.8.9 on Mi4 with "failed to extract dir from system to /system error 7 ". I try up 8.8.3 was successful
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In twrp delete everything except sd card and then flash the rom. After flashing delete dalvik and cache and reboot. Yes, you will lose all data so make a backup before. There's an option in twrp but I never used it so I'm not sure what exactly gets backed up
Thanks! I wiped everything except internal storage and then flashed the rom. All good and didn't lost any data. Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.