Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I got mi Mi8 right now and wanted to flash it. But it keeps getting stuck on the LR.Team screen after booting the twrp.img. I am using twrp 3.2.2-0711, because when i tried to use the version "dippers" listed here it booted normally after "fastboot boot twrp.img". Does anyone have a solution?
Bootloader is unlocked.

Hi, I got mi Mi8 right now and wanted to flash it. But it keeps getting stuck on the LR.Team screen after booting the twrp.img. I am using twrp 3.2.2-0711, because when i tried to use the version "dippers" listed here it booted normally after "fastboot boot twrp.img". Does anyone have a solution?
Bootloader is unlocked.

Use the last twrp version 3.2.3 (for Dipper)..{I guess that your bootloader is unlocked by your account... otherwise you will have troubles}

Use the last twrp version 3.2.3 (for Dipper)..{I guess that your bootloader is unlocked by your account... otherwise you will have troubles}
I got the Phone unlocked already by tradingshenzhen. What do you mean with having trouble? TWRP booted, but now I can not find the Xiaomi.Eu zip I copied to the device before.

I got the Phone unlocked already by ***************. What do you mean with having trouble? TWRP booted, but now I can not find the Xiaomi.Eu zip I copied to the device before.
Be aware! Google it before you doing!!!if you bought the phone unlocked (not from official sales chanell of xiaomi usually from China stores )you must lock and unlock with YOUR account! Don't change your Rom before do that! Google it you will find details about that...

Στάλθηκε από το MI 8 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Reactions: DerAnner
Be aware! Google it before you doing!!!if you bought the phone unlocked (not from official sales chanell of xiaomi usually from China stores )you must lock and unlock with YOUR account! Don't change your Rom before do that! Google it you will find details about that...

Thanks for the quick answer, but what do you mean with lock and unlock with my account? Sorry if these are dumb questions.

My friend...I can't give u details from here...just keep that: .When we buy an unlocked device this means that someone unlocked it (probably with his account) .Thist means that his account is "couple" with YOUR device. So this you must change! Lock your device with YOUR account first then unlock and after that install the ROM that you want..

(Details for how you make that go on Google or search the forum. )

Thanks for the quick answer, but what do you mean with lock and unlock with my account? Sorry if these are dumb questions.

My friend...I can't give u details from here...just keep that: .When we buy an unlocked device this means that someone unlocked it (probably with his account) .Thist means that his account is "couple" with YOUR device. So this you must change! Lock your device with YOUR account first then unlock and after that install the ROM that you want..

(Details for how you make that go on Google or search the forum. )

Ah sorry for the misunderstanding. I was talking about the unlocked bootloader, the device is only paired with my mi/gmail account.

hi!
i've got the last version 8.9.24 on my Mi8.
. The boot time it about 1:15''..
Is this norma or something goes wrong with me?
Anyone else with the same time on boot?

:confused:

I had it too (it is now doing it too) the boys of China could solve the problem with the next updates, be patient

Reactions: alexmac
seems that all MI 8 on MIUI have this problem :(

I've installed Havoc-OS Rom yesterday, just to test (then returned to MIUI just for face unlock with IR) and on Havoc the "Ok Google" was ok, and also AOD Notifications worked, so seems a MIUI problem right now:
ht3g3mRl.jpg

aFsou7fl.jpg

lB4IjRul.jpg
I'm starting to wonder if the issue isn't on Xaomi's end and on purpose. I've tried the smart unlock function from Google with the bluetooth from my car and it doesn't work either.

Plus, I've seen that the Pocophone also had issues at the beginning with OK Google. The bug was posted on Xiaomi's site. They've replied to it and the issue seems to have been fixed.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

After flashing 8.9.24 the "NFC"-Button under "More" in settings disappeared on my Mi 8. Anything I can do?

For device as mi 5x, have hard keys. You can integrated the featune, swipe actions: left edge: back or previous app as app Fluid navigation gestures.

MI 8, 8.9.24, German language

Is this the forum to report bugs and problems related to this release?

As some other people here, I've problems with app notifications on some messenger apps like WhatsApp. Especially the app icon badge don't work when I receive new messenges. I've checked the notifications settings for the app (WhatsApp) and they all set to on.

• Based on China Stable / Weekly builds (except HMNote3SE, POCOF1)
Does this mean POCOF1 rom is based on Global version?

MI 8, 8.9.24, German language

Is this the forum to report bugs and problems related to this release?

As some other people here, I've problems with app notifications on some messenger apps like WhatsApp. Especially the app icon badge don't work when I receive new messenges. I've checked the notifications settings for the app (WhatsApp) and they all set to on.
it is a known problem since Android-P (since 8.9.6) we have to wait for xiaomi to fix it

Ich habe derzeit die Version 8.8.30 Beta installiert Ich bekomme keine automatischen Updates? und kann ich die 8.9.20 auf meiner Mi 8 Explorer Edition einfach installieren? Was muss ich beachten? Werden die Daten beibehalten, wenn ich die neue Version anlege? Wie gehe ich am besten?

@Kunzer4bunte,
(next time english please)

nein OTA gibts nicht nach 8.8.30 (OREO), alles nach 8.8.30 ist Android-P
und wenn du da ein Update (manuelles Update) machst, bekommst du einen Bootloop,
du musst dann einen Factory Reset machen. (TWRP wipe data und format data)

aber da nach 8.8.30 eh die Notifications auf dem Lockscreen kaputt sind, würde
ich warten bis du dir die ganze Arbeit mit Neuinstallation machst.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.