Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a problem
After i updated to 8.9.24 magisk disappeared... I tried to flash it in recovery but the app still didn't install, anyone who might know how to fix it? Thx

I've got a problem
After i updated to 8.9.24 magisk disappeared... I tried to flash it in recovery but the app still didn't install, anyone who might know how to fix it? Thx

after each and every update/flash you have to re-install Magisk after booting into TWRP. Did you get any kind of error message when you tried this?

Hi.

Whyred user here.
Google Maps started crashing a few weeks ago. Each time I start navigation, the app stops responding and crashes. I can't say for sure if it ever worked with 8.9.20, but I don't think so.

Note 1: I have temporarily disable Fused Location service for GPS spoofing (com.android.location.fused) but it is now enabled, and other apps have no issues.
Note 2: Even Google Maps works if I never start the navigation. If I just select the destination, the app shows me the route options and I can see my location moving on the screen, so GPS is apparently working fine.

Hi.

Whyred user here.
Google Maps started crashing a few weeks ago. Each time I start navigation, the app stops responding and crashes. I can't say for sure if it ever worked with 8.9.20, but I don't think so.

Note 1: I have temporarily disable Fused Location service for GPS spoofing (com.android.location.fused) but it is now enabled, and other apps have no issues.
Note 2: Even Google Maps works if I never start the navigation. If I just select the destination, the app shows me the route options and I can see my location moving on the screen, so GPS is apparently working fine.
Can confirm on my whyred on latest beta. Navigation causes to not respond the app.

Reactions: LightLightning
The Amazon Alexa app ist don't working?

Code:
android.app.RemoteServiceException: Bad notification posted from package com.amazon.dee.app: Couldn't inflate contentViewsandroid.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #12: Binary XML file line #12: Error inflating class android.widget.TextView
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:1152)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:21)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:142)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:68)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.Zygote$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:200)

It does this when the light is too low. Switching to the optical zoom (tele lens) requires more light. You can test it like this:

* open the camera app
* in a bright environment, put your finger over the tele lens (on my Mi Note 3 this is lens more to the center of the phone): you should see the "normal" picture in 1x, but as soon as you switch to 2x you will see only your (redish, totally blurred) fingertip if the light is strong enough. Every time you switch from 1x to 2x you will see that the lens that is being used is changed. This shows that the camera app switches between the lenses, and that the the zoom is an optical one.
* now turn to a much less bright spot in your surrounding, and repeat the exact same experiment. You will see the "normal" picture both in 1x and 2x, but you you never see your blurred fingertip. That shows that under low light, only the normal lens is active, and the zoom is a digital one in this case.
* when, instead, you cover the other lens with your fingertip, the only thing you will ever see is your blurred fingertip - you will never see the 2x zoomed image. This shows that the light intensity is measured through the "normal" lens, not the telephoto lens - as you cover it with your finger, the light is always too low to allow switching to the tele lens.

Thanks for aswering !
You're right, I've just test and it works. When I tried it was not very bright area.

Hi everybody.
I have one general question:
I've a Mix 2s and I'll go travelling for 3 months.
So probably I won't be able to do updates during this time.
What would you recommend me, should I install the stable version or the latest weekly before leaving?
Thanks for your suggestions

Hi everybody.
I have one general question:
I've a Mix 2s and I'll go travelling for 3 months.
So probably I won't be able to do updates during this time.
What would you recommend me, should I install the stable version or the latest weekly before leaving?
Thanks for your suggestions
I am using the latest weekly as a daily basis.
So far, I can use the phone with a few issues that do not affect the daily activities (admin apps loose the permissions).

after each and every update/flash you have to re-install Magisk after booting into TWRP. Did you get any kind of error message when you tried this?
Nope, everything went as usual, but after the installation magisk still isn't there, which never occurred, so I'm not sure what could be the cause

I went from global Mi8 dipper to xiaomi.eu 8.9.24 no problem. Thanks to Xiaomi.eu developersI'm waiting for another weekly update!

Try to adjust on sensitivity in CIT > Additional tools (upper right corner) > Proximity sensor

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

I read something about no sensors problem as a persist partition corrupted... But only proximity sensor nothing ... Sorry

Miui Team on in all Android, notifications from Android example from Messenger on Android 7.0/7.1

3. Also Backup not robust in local memory! most of backup failed. Some times "confirm your pattern" shows infinity number while taking local backups!

I respect your choice ... But I would not care about the layout of a single app

It depends on how often we use an app, and how badly it is messed up. I think most of us use the clock app very frequently, and it was messed up TERRIBLY in MIUI 10; providing only a "dark theme" that can hardly been read in any bright environment shows that the developers have the wrong priorities - they shouldn't put "nice looking" over function. While I agree that the new theme looks nice at night or in a very dark surrounding, it is almost unusable in daylight (not even direct sunlight). At least the developers should give the user a way to change the theme to a bright, legible one.

Unfortunately there is no way to change the clock app, at least not that I know of. Saying that it "could" be changed with a theme just doesn't help anyone. If someone knows HOW, please stand up and share your knowledge!

3. Also Backup not robust in local memory! most of backup failed. Some times "confirm your pattern" shows infinity number while taking local backups!

And what's worse (for me at least) is that since 8.9.20 backups to MiCloud do not work either for images in the gallery, nor for "home screen backup". Strangely enough it works for everything else (contacts, recorded calls, messages etc...).

When we'll have AI feature for MI5? Anyone know?

Enviado do meu MI 5 através do Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.