MIUI 11.1 9.10.10/11

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it doesn't go well for MI 8 it looks like. Might need to wait for better heads to help us. Do you think you can downgrade to latest beta based on android 9? (No ARB?)

@MarcelDnB you got any problems on MI 8 dipper? Playstore working fine?
Yes all is working fine for me, except Viper magisk module

Ok, so I've updated my Mi 8 with the latest. Rom seems fine, no complaints so far, and no issues in terms of speakers, etc

However, I don't seem to be able to get Magisk installed. Tried both using orange fox and twrp, each time upon reboot it goes into fastboot, requiring a re-flash of the rom to get back to working.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Ok, so I've updated my Mi 8 with the latest. Rom seems fine, no complaints so far, and no issues in terms of speakers, etc

However, I don't seem to be able to get Magisk installed. Tried both using orange fox and twrp, each time upon reboot it goes into fastboot, requiring a re-flash of the rom to get back to working.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Flash ROM,
Flash unnistaller
Flash magisk v20

Enviado do meu MI 8 através do Tapatalk

Reactions: Symy17
I have dirty updated mi MI8, and there are 2 problems:

1) I usually install the Notch Notifications Mod through TWRP, but I am unable to do it in this update, I get the message "unable to mount system".

2) I have 2 updates in google play, chrome and webview. I am unable to install them.

I had the magisk problem too, but I installed the uninstaller, and installed it again and now it's working perfectly.

Everything else seems to be working fine.

Last edited:

1) I usually install the Notch Notifications Mod through TWRP, but I am unable to do it in this update, I get the message "unable to mount system".

2) I have 2 updates in google play, chrome and webview. I am unable to install them.

I had the magisk problem too, but I installed the uninstaller, and installed it again and now it's working perfectly.

The 1st i dont know any solution

Enviado do meu MI 8 através do Tapatalk

Thanks for the crazy great work again !
But flashing magisk will cause booting into fastboot
Not support yet or ?

@
Pedro Fernandes

Hi ! Thanks for work. Great Android Q for mi 8 :)
But I have dirty flash it over miui 11 Android 9 Pie no mistake. But I think when change version of Android is better to clean flash.
All work fine speaker, audio, all work fine & magisk 20.0 (20000).

But I have two mistake. When I want flash on Twrp the ******** mod notifications I have Always error "can't mount system" ???
And the second is Substratum !? I apply Android Q overlay and the Install via usb on developper option are check but all overlay won't install ???

No root. No Magisk. I have done dirty flashes, clean installs, configured the device from scratch, installed backups... None of these worked at all.
NO SOUND FROM EXTERNAL SPEAKER.
Like you very eloquently said: PERIOD.

We have 3 Mi8's in our house, i just finished setting up the 3rd with this rom. We have absolutely no issues on any of our Mi8's. Many of the people on this thread have no issues. Most all of my friends with Mi8's on XDA have no issues.

If you are having an issue it is due to something that you did, most likely corruption or a permissions issue. here is where people get confused. What does a Clean install mean to you? Most people think that it means wipe, many of those people wipe too much. Such as system or persist.....this happens a lot, when people hurry to install and skip the instructions.

If you were previously using the last Xiaomi.EU build, I am guessing that maybe your were you the hack stereo mod, there is no need to use that since this rom already uses a stereo effect using convolution reverb.

Here are some steps that should guarantee a working install. Maybe a little bit overkill, but at the end of the day, will probably save you a lot of time

1. Do a full clean wipe , which means format Data, type yes, then reboot to recovery, then go to Wipe and swipe. if this is successful proceed. if it fails you have partition corruption and will need to restore using the flashall.bat method.

2. Assuming that you could wipe data, reboot phone to fastboot and flash miui_MI8Global_V10.3.5.0.PEAMIXM_db02d24cf1_9.0 via adb ( if you have a global device, otherwise use the latest fastboot rom for the china Mi8 device.) This will restore any corrupted partitions. - Alternatively you could unpack the rom twice and use the flashall.bat method with the phone connect and in fastboot mode.

3. After successful flash, install Twrp following the instruction available on this site for rom installation.

4. After you have successfully install rom and TWRP, you have two choices. Setup and make a full TWRP backup so that in the future you can avoid doing these steps again or Go to step 5

5. Go to wipe, swipe to factory reset, then install xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_9.10.11_v11-10

Now setup, you should have no issues.

Do not install Magisk until you have setup the phone, do not install mods such as xposed or gimmicky stereo mods. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pedro Fernandes
Thanks for the crazy great work again !
But flashing magisk will cause booting into fastboot
Not support yet or ?

It works, use the canary build.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-12-21-55-23-158_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-10-12-21-55-23-158_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 252

Did you update your recovery to be compatible with Android Q? Official TWRP is not yet supported, but the developer launched an unofficial one that is compatible. You should update your recovery before updating. (Google Translator)

Did you update your recovery to be compatible with Android Q? Official TWRP is not yet supported, but the developer launched an unofficial one that is compatible. You should update your recovery before updating. (Google Translator)

I use Twrp 3.3.1-2 mauronofrio, for Mi8 (dipper).

I set Google Feed as -1 screen but it will be set as None automatically in setting -> launcher -> Minus one screen, only default smart assisant works.
Redmi Note 7 from china mainland user

Yes. My MI8 also boot loop.

Hi together.

if you have a special module in magisk (e.g. smali patcher / Viper ...) you have to remove this modules BEFORE flashing.
If you dont remove it before you will be in a bootloop.

Remove old modules:
If you install the old rom version, it should work and you can remove the module.
You can install "Magisk Manager for Recovery Mode" and you are able to disable / delete the special module.

Regards Kater

Any news about Magisk with this ROM? Still boot loop....

Hi together.

if you have a special module in magisk (e.g. smali patcher / Viper ...) you have to remove this modules BEFORE flashing.
If you dont remove it before you will be in a bootloop.

Remove old modules:
If you install the old rom version, it should work and you can remove the module.
You can install "Magisk Manager for Recovery Mode" and you are able to disable / delete the special module.

Regards Kater

Reactions: zhuck32
Still no idea....i dont even use magisk but still no sound via loudspeaker...
I don't know why some mi8 users face sounds problem in latest build... I had dirty flashed the latest build over 9.9.27 build.. i didn't faced any issue till now .... Everything's works fine for me

Is there any change to this release??
Cause I have flash it but updater keeps telling me I have to update to 9.10.10

Installed yesterday on my MI 9 the new version, keeps telling me there is a new version, but now the version for MI 9 is off!? :D

Anyway, for me the last MI 9 update works without any problem...

Redmi note7
All seems work well, but some issue with default font (Roboto)
Still no bold in whatsapp message

Someone solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.