MIUI 11.1 9.11.21/22

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Permissions set, but problem persists.
I'm not sure íf its a nova-launcher or miui related problem. but its a little bit frustrating.

In addition i have some troubles in combination of chrome and gboard. sometimes the textfield freezes, so you can continue typing (also suggestions for the next word are shown), but the letters and words don't appear in the textfield. you have to switch to another application and back to chrome, then it works again.
I've nova launcher, i use SwiftKey keypad no problem and my widgets work good, try clearing all data in apps you use and remove it and put it back, clear cache in phone storage settings

Sent from my MI CC 9 using Tapatalk

I tried various way but is apparently dead, I decide to came back this to amazon for have a replacement. Don't install this rom on RN8Pro, at leat not in this moment

HI,
I have the same problem, no more fastboot nor recovery, reboot permanently => back to amazon, because xiaomi does not allow the flash with sp flash tool "account not authorized for this operation", I write on their forum but I remain unanswered.
The problem comes from the manufacturer, if this flash is "authorized", and i do not succed, I do not send it back, but the "unauthorized operation"!
The device works, just allow the operation ... if not ==> Back to xiaomi this is the good choice !

*** You must also know that the interminable reboot of the phone will literally kill the battery! ***

Allow buyer the flash to return to the original rom it's the minimum...

Can not flash with the flash tool Sp flash tool, to recover the phone:

Last edited:
I've nova launcher, i use SwiftKey keypad no problem and my widgets work good, try clearing all data in apps you use and remove it and put it back, clear cache in phone storage settings

I clear phone cache regularly. The only thing, that i've not tried yet is to clear data. But i'm not sure: did you read my posting (from yesterday, i think), where i explained, that the widget itself is ok (i can interact with the widget itself, for example spotify), but touching the widget doesn't take me to the app itself anymore.
thats rather strange, because it was ok with miui 11 - but since at least 2 weeks it doesn't work anymore.
and delete and re-install the widget helps only a few minutes. after that its again not possible to change to the app by clicking the widget.

I clear phone cache regularly. The only thing, that i've not tried yet is to clear data. But i'm not sure: did you read my posting (from yesterday, i think), where i explained, that the widget itself is ok (i can interact with the widget itself, for example spotify), but touching the widget doesn't take me to the app itself anymore.
thats rather strange, because it was ok with miui 11 - but since at least 2 weeks it doesn't work anymore.
and delete and re-install the widget helps only a few minutes. after that its again not possible to change to the app by clicking the widget.

I have the same issue with my weather widget and nova launcher.

I faced this issue with Today Weather widget on Nova Launcher. What fixed it for me was App Info - Other Permissions - Home screen shortcuts - Accept

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Are you android 10 now, that could be why, and try putting no restrictions on app for battery saver

yep, Android 10.
Battery Saver is disabled for those apps. Notifications are enabled.
Are you sure all the settings are enabled in other permissions in app info, hold on the widget and then press the i to get into app info and enable everything
116e7c9340179f46c2d01197ca068485.jpg

HI,
I have the same problem, no more fastboot nor recovery, reboot permanently => back to amazon, because xiaomi does not allow the flash with sp flash tool "account not authorized for this operation", I write on their forum but I remain unanswered.
The problem comes from the manufacturer, if this flash is "authorized", and i do not succed, I do not send it back, but the "unauthorized operation"!
The device works, just allow the operation ... if not ==> Back to xiaomi this is the good choice !

They allow buyer the flash to return to the original rom it's the minimum...

Can not flash with the flash tool Sp flash tool, to recover the phone: View attachment 27306

Attention for users of REDMI Note 8 PRO, I do not recommend the installation of this rom, if you still want to try to do it, check if you have an account "authorized" (according to which we do not know too much! )
Otherwise, if you want to go through SP FLASH TOOL (for recover if phone brick), it will not be possible!

The procedure is here ==>

https://c.mi.com/thread-2173190-1-0.html

It would be interesting to remove the version for REDMI NOTE 8 PRO, I see that we are here several to raise a problem that "brick the phone" and for which it will require an account "authorized"! to retrieve it ?

Last edited:
ONLY MI8SE...
Be careful.
From TWRP 3.2.3 1127, update to this ROM, DO NOT RESTART THE MOBILE, then from TWRP itself, install 3.3.1. 1029, to download from here:

Another way (is what I did), is to first update from TWRP 3.2.3 1127 to 3.3.0, and already update to this ROM.
Anyway, the TWRP that everyone recommends and that I have now is 3.3.1. 1029
Dont need to re-install twrp anymore. This rom included TWRP

I think this is because the system\etc\gps.conf file contains Chinese servers. After each update, I replace this file manually (via twrp) with a file that specifies my country 's servers and the problem disappears

Hi Bobanoid,

how do you do that? I'm interested in it.

Thanks.

HI,

*** You must also know that the interminable reboot of the phone will literally kill the battery! ***

Allow buyer the flash to return to the original rom it's the minimum...

Can not flash with the flash tool Sp flash tool, to recover the phone: View attachment 27306
check this: it is about redmi note 8 pro.

Reactions: Peter Fritsche
Attention for users of REDMI Note 8 PRO, I do not recommend the installation of this rom, if you still want to try to do it, check if you have an account "authorized" (according to which we do not know too much! )
Otherwise, if you want to go through SP FLASH TOOL (for recover if phone brick), it will not be possible!

The procedure is here ==>

https://c.mi.com/thread-2173190-1-0.html

It would be interesting to remove the version for REDMI NOTE 8 PRO, I see that we are here several to raise a problem that "brick the phone" and for which it will require an account "authorized"! to retrieve it ?
Our HMNote8Pro ROM works fine..

Remember it's Mediatek and it can be bricked just by looking on it.. You install ROM on your own risk..

God bless Qualcomm!
e82f99d792867a28b8c4c179a0fd1054.jpg

Our HMNote8Pro ROM works fine..

Remember it's Mediatek and it can be bricked just by looking on it.. You install ROM on your own risk..

God bless Qualcomm!
e82f99d792867a28b8c4c179a0fd1054.jpg
I was RN3 MTK owner and almost satisfied on flashing available custom. It was easier than for the RN3 Snap.
Xiaomi found a way to kill this phone from launch.

check this: it is about redmi note 8 pro.
Thank you, but I already know this procedure, it's exactly the one I used.
Unfortunately Xiaomi allows some accounts and no others, we do not know why!
For my case "unauthorized account"!
I returned the phone to amazon too, but there is still a hell of a problem with this rom and the RN8P, fastboot and recovery disappear ...
Strange !

Status
Not open for further replies.