• YES

Votes: 299 88.5%
  • NO

Votes: 39 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you can't boot into system

Do you know about giving permission in notifications bar when connect to PC?

Отправлено с моего MI 8 через Tapatalk

jonathar said:

If you have a backup, go back to that and remove all your security protections. Then there will be no password question in twrp. Flash new ROM from there.

QUOTE="cheetahlm, post: 478762, member: 119048"]Thanks for your help.... done.....
Please help me, I do not have a backup, and just numeric keyboard is shown to enter the password. But my lockscreen pasword is just letters ... so my phone is effectively bricked (wiping data in twrp did nothing to solve the problem). What can I do? Will there be another rom today for whyred with this bug (no letters on the keyboard) removed... nobody ever said that the passwords should be numbers only!?[/QUOTE]
Go to twrp, Advanced, File Manager, go to /data/system/ and delete all .Key files or files containing "lock"
List:
Gatekeeper.password.key
gatekeeper.pattern.key
locksettings.db
locksettings.db-shm
locksettings.db-wal
And some others One. Good luck

EDIT: Meant to quote another user...

Hello. Good or not? On mi mix 2s

Attachments

• IMG_20190327_151736.jpg
    IMG_20190327_151736.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 464
HELP -whyred PIE broke my TWRP-

I installed the latest pie for Whyred, all good, then i wanted to go back to AOSP, wiped all, format data and boom, my TWRP cant read OTG anymore...
I ued a Java tool so i reflash 3 different custom recoveries, same problem, cant read OTG...

Any solution?

Great job as usual, super happy that so much work is being put into the EU rom to both make it not bloated with some of the default Mi apps and also include more features :)

Noticed something that was off though - I switched from the Global to the EU rom today and in the Mi camera app I don't see an option for the dynamic processing / "motion photos" option I had on the Global rom, as already mentioned on XDA back in January in the following screenshot:
View attachment 23976

Is it perhaps going to be in the 9.3.29 version of the EU rom? Would be cool to see as it was a nice feature to be able to take multiple photos in a really short amount of time and be able to pick the one where for example nobody is blinking :)

/Edit: I forgot to mention - maybe I was on the China rom actually, I'm not 100% sure...
Either way, I can't really make a screenshot or video of the feature right now as the TWRP versions that are available aren't able to decrypt the storage of the Mi 9 yet, which in turn probably also means I won't be able to update to the next EU version...
Seems like Live Shot feature was limited to be used in China only. I've removed the restriction for the upcoming release.

Seems like Live Shot feature was limited to be used in China only. I've removed the restriction for the upcoming release.
Nice! I can't wait to try it out in the next release :D

I'm also trying to get a hold of one of the people that made a TWRP image because apparently the backup function isn't working properly due to the partitions not being decrypted... However, one of the devs, mauronofrio, has done a commit to his GitHub repository that said "Updating variables for metadata decryption", so there's a chance he didn't publish a new build with that commit yet.

Either way, I'll make sure to post about Live Shot once I'm able to update to the new EU rom version :)

HELP -whyred PIE broke my TWRP-

I installed the latest pie for Whyred, all good, then i wanted to go back to AOSP, wiped all, format data and boom, my TWRP cant read OTG anymore...
I ued a Java tool so i reflash 3 different custom recoveries, same problem, cant read OTG...

Any solution?
Use a SD card

I just updated my mi8se with the updater and now the volume with my Bluetooth headphones is very low. I used to only need it to less than 50% now I need to move it up to 100% and it's still lower than before. Do you know of any fix?

Google assistant doesn't work as intended anymore after this update.
It doesn't trigger with Ok Google.
The settings are correct.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
Same problem here, on last release working great, hope its fixed on next release

Thanks for all the hard work

Reactions: Mario1944
Again, someone knows where ti find twrp for mi 9 SE? Grus. Thanks, without how to install MIUI EU rom?

Hello all. Can the creators of Xiaomi.eu add to the next versions options for selecting the sound of SMS in the sound settings? In Mi Max 3 there is no option, and in other models it is. Thank you very much.

Reactions: El Porcharo
In Mi Max 3 there is no option, and in other models it is. Thank you very much.

It's about 4 releases (maybe) that I wanted to post about this but I always forget. Thanks!

Can't really find the SMS notification sound setting, it plays system notification sound instead

(not sure it was on this menu)

Screenshot_2019-03-27-21-32-00-618_com.android.mms.jpg

- Tapatalked from my Mi Max 3 -

Last edited:
Reactions: Bar.Tek
Phone> Settings> Sound and vibration> .... here should be the "Message bell" option and it is not there.

My two other Xieomi with xieomi.eu rom have this setting.

Reactions: El Porcharo
I get a non-starter with this ROM, but also come from a Three Vendor ROM in the UK that I had to kick off via unlocking of the bootloader.
Can I have missed something? Installed the ROM via OTG from a USB stick, can that be an issue?

I get a non-starter with this ROM, but also come from a Three Vendor ROM in the UK that I had to kick off via unlocking of the bootloader.
Can I have missed something? Installed the ROM via OTG from a USB stick, can that be an issue?
You did format (not just wipe) your data partition right?

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sörnäinen
A few conclution for new pie firmware for whyred:
-it make official twrp MTP doesnt work, and sometimes make twrp asking for decrypting password (its weird if u dont have rom installed)
-it fixed by installing lastest global stable firmware
-my friend facing headset icon always appear if flashing newest pie firmware on pie custom rom
-i think better to stick with stable firmware for now, and flash rom that based on oreo build
maybe xiaomi will fix it, or the twrp will fix it
Thats my opinion, never try with other custom recovery
please correct me if im wrong just want to share my experience

where is the version 9.3.25 android 9 for redmi note 5 global/5 Pro? already released the beta global version.

latest xiaomi.eu 25 march for whyred [android Pie] is a mess! DO NOT install it if you manage to change ROM soon, or it will break the MTP, will break xiaomi.eu Oreo and you will face other issues in your recovery, so you won’t be able to flash other AOSP custom ROMs.
And if you flash any miui oreo after xiaomi.eu pie, you will face many bugs.
This is the workaround :
If you have already installed xiaomi.eu [Pie], to change ROM you MUST install global miui Pie ROM first, and after that you can change for whatever ROM you want [don’t forget lazyflasher.zip, or you will loose your custom recovery after flashing global miui].

It’s NOT recommended flashing xiaomi.eu Pie build actually.

Hola a todos. Instalar la versión 9.3.25 en RN5 y no pude volver a Oreo. También perdió la opción de "AI" en la cámara (módulo magisk), ¿alguien sabe cómo reinstalarlo? Gracias
.....me podras decir donde esta el link para el RN5, solo traigo la versión beta de Android Pie.. y si pude instalar magisk 18.1 y de ahi jale el modulo de la camara para el AI.

Reactions: Camilo Crisosto
Status
Not open for further replies.