Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 299 88.5%
  • NO

Votes: 39 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
latest xiaomi.eu 25 march for whyred [android Pie] is a mess! DO NOT install it if you manage to change ROM soon, or it will break the MTP, will break xiaomi.eu Oreo and you will face other issues in your recovery, so you won’t be able to flash other AOSP custom ROMs.
And if you flash any miui oreo after xiaomi.eu pie, you will face many bugs.
This is the workaround :
If you have already installed xiaomi.eu [Pie], to change ROM you MUST install global miui Pie ROM first, and after that you can change for whatever ROM you want [don’t forget lazyflasher.zip, or you will loose your custom recovery after flashing global miui].

It’s NOT recommended flashing xiaomi.eu Pie build actually.
I have in my RN5 Pie global beta .. can flash the .EU rom Pie now?

It's about 4 releases (maybe) that I wanted to post about this but I always forget. Thanks!

Can't really find the SMS notification sound setting, it plays system notification sound instead

(not sure it was on this menu)

View attachment 23997

- Tapatalked from my Mi Max 3 -
Check on Messaging Info screen. (long press on app),App Info, Messaging. Notification sound is there

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

I get a non-starter with this ROM, but also come from a Three Vendor ROM in the UK that I had to kick off via unlocking of the bootloader.
Can I have missed something? Installed the ROM via OTG from a USB stick, can that be an issue?
(I could understand you wrong)
1)you can't flash xioami.eu with locked bootloader
2)I don't see any difference flashing with usb OTG/SDcard

Отправлено с моего MI 8 через Tapatalk

You did format (not just wipe) your data partition right?

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Boom. That did the job.
Thank you, mate. You're my hero!
I wasn't even aware there is a special format option. I guess the encryption from the former ROM was still in the way.

Thank you!!

Reactions: Karpfenhai
(I could understand you wrong)
1)you can't flash xioami.eu with locked bootloader
2)I don't see any difference flashing with usb OTG/SDcard

Thank you. Yes, I needed to unlock the bootloader, and THAT was a pain. What is Xiaomi thinking with that unlocking nonsense!?

But now it worked.

Thank you. Yes, I needed to unlock the bootloader, and THAT was a pain. What is Xiaomi thinking with that unlocking nonsense!?

But now it worked.
It's xioami) welcome
Everyone doesn't like this, but we have to wait from 3 days to 60(

Reactions: Sörnäinen
Check on Messaging Info screen. (long press on app),App Info, Messaging. Notification sound is there
Great!! Found it!

Thank you mate!

Screenshot_2019-03-28-10-07-41-744_com.android.settings.jpg

- Tapatalked from my Mi Max 3 -

Reactions: stathis95194
I do have a big problem with the last two releases and Bluetooth Streaming in my car.

Bluetooth streaming is only working once with my paired Mi8 lite. If I restart the car Bluetooth streaming is gone.

It shows connected but no sound is coming from the speakers.

I have to pair the phone again and then it's working again for one time.

Can somebody help me what I can do.

Thanks a lot.

Reactions: fakerli
latest xiaomi.eu 25 march for whyred [android Pie] is a mess! DO NOT install it if you manage to change ROM soon, or it will break the MTP, will break xiaomi.eu Oreo and you will face other issues in your recovery, so you won’t be able to flash other AOSP custom ROMs.
And if you flash any miui oreo after xiaomi.eu pie, you will face many bugs.
This is the workaround :
If you have already installed xiaomi.eu [Pie], to change ROM you MUST install global miui Pie ROM first, and after that you can change for whatever ROM you want [don’t forget lazyflasher.zip, or you will loose your custom recovery after flashing global miui].

It’s NOT recommended flashing xiaomi.eu Pie build actually.
You are spot on, weekly 9.3.25 is a disaster unleashed by xiaomi, maybe as a spite to impatient whyred users. Must be corrected this week, else.....

I do have a big problem with the last two releases and Bluetooth Streaming in my car.

Bluetooth streaming is only working once with my paired Mi8 lite. If I restart the car Bluetooth streaming is gone.

It shows connected but no sound is coming from the speakers.

I have to pair the phone again and then it's working again for one time.

Can somebody help me what I can do.

Thanks a lot.
Same with my RN5.

I tried to reset my networks which didn't solve the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: derfl
Same with my RN5.

I tried to reset my networks which didn't solve the problem.

Good to hear I'm not the only one.

Please help us to fix the problem.

Thanks

PS Tried my old Mi6 now. Working perfectly.

Last edited:
The battery consumption is extremely high. At least 2% per hour, just from lying around.

Whether WiFi or 4G network

I don't have this, being on a fresh system - have my Mi8 for one day now. So maybe a leftover from a previous installation?

I also confirm that with 9.3.25 whyred twrp asks password and not accept it (I have only numbers). Any ideas what to do now?

Ask TWRP devs to fix it.. It's not a ROM issue..
Didn't happen to me. First I installed the ROM from updater, but this way I found several random bugs, like fingerprint reader not working... So I did wipes and format data, and clean install the ROM via TWRP, wich worked just fine.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 5 mediante Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.