9.4.11/12

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
this first rom don't function! Is not possible to finish wizard configuration ( error )
I wait another version.
Regards
Think someone mention that you need to put it into airplane mode to get past it.

Anyone else please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Think someone mention that you need to put it into airplane mode to get past it.

Anyone else please correct me if I'm wrong.

already tried but is same...at last step of wizard configuration ever error... impossible to continue..only go back...

i think, and maybe im wrong but feel this update 4.9.12 drain alot of battery in a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, anyone else feels the same?

Show a screenshot of Clock app's settings.

here we go:
that's on Mi Note 3 "Jason", ROM 9.4.11 (original and re-uploaded), installation "dirty" or "clean" makes no difference. Tried it several times now. The device is unlocked (of course), with TWRP and rooted with Magisk 18.1 (which should not make a difference because it has the same bug also after fresh installation before flashing Magisk).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-15-15-05-36-749_com.android.deskclock.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-15-15-05-36-749_com.android.deskclock.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 351
Guys, on mix 3 viper4x can't see busybox, but that magisk module sat up
Any advices?

Отправлено с моего MI 8 через Tapatalk

I didnt have any problems on my Poco,also i have learned to delete all my password when install and reinstall roms.
And what TWRP do you use? reinstall new one in fastboot mode?
I have unofficial 12/12/2018 twrp. Everything works fine.

Guys, on mix 3 viper4x can't see busybox, but that magisk module sat up
Any advices?

Отправлено с моего MI 8 через Tapatalk
Does the install with lib workaround not work?

I have v9.4.11 on my Poco without problems. What is the diference between v9.4.11 and v9.4.12? Bug fixes? Thank you for this great rom.

I haven't found the download link for Redmi Note 7 Pro though it is mentioned in the device list. I have been eagerly waiting for this rom for the last one month. I just love eu version of miui & can't wait to flash it on my HMNote7pro

Hello,
I have a Redmi Note 5 with Xiaomi.eu 9.3.14. Now I have received the message via the Updater app, that I can update to 9.4.12. I have Android 8.1 on my phone, that new update is Android 9.
Can I just make the update on the Updater app, as it is proposed to me?
Or I have to do another way, if so which?
Have the current Xiaomi.eu -Roms removes the ARB mechanism, like the older versions, or can I get ARB = 4 now?

Can anyone here answer my questions?
I think for the experts here in the forum, it should not be difficult to give a brief and accurate answer to my questions, because I am not the only one who has this problem a Redmi Note 5.
Thank you for your support and hopefully numerous and understandable answers.

I think for the experts here in the forum, it should not be difficult to give a brief and accurate answer to my questions, because I am not the only one who has this problem a Redmi Note 5.
1) You should be able to update via Updater just fine. A compatible version of TWRP will also be flashed during the update.
2) You will get ARB 4 if you update. We no longer remove firmware-update folder, as using old firmware cause many issues (usually with camera).

Weird stuff:
RedMi 5 Plus on version 9.4.11 shows me there's an update to 9.4.11
Not sure if this a bug or what. Anyone experiencing the same?

1) You should be able to update via Updater just fine. A compatible version of TWRP will also be flashed during the update.
2) You will get ARB 4 if you update. We no longer remove firmware-update folder, as using old firmware cause many issues (usually with camera).
Thank you for the detailed and understandable information that will surely be of great help to other users of the forum.

Reactions: otti17 and qbert
what is the correct way to update, I am currently in version 9.3.28

like every week: download the ROM to your device, then reboot into TWRP, go to Install and select the latest downloaded ROM file. Swipe to flash, and wait until it is finished.

If it helps, the clock app version is given as 10.2.0.1 (in Titanium Backup). Is that the correct one?

ok, I found the solution. For what ever reason, the clock app version was not correct (even though I had installed "clean"). Going to Settings -> Manage apps -> Clock, I clicked "Uninstall updates", and the version went to 9.2.13.0. That version, although it has a lower version number, appears to be the correct one and FINALLY has the Background color settings.
Great, thanks a lot to the developers for giving the user the option for a white background!

Updated successfully MI 8 SE from 9.4.11 to 9.4.12 using TWRP 3.2.3-1227 Checked also that TWRP is still installed and working after the update. Thanks

Reactions: XaviPower

Just be sure to make a backup of all your personal files and keep a copy off the phone somewhere - on some other phone, PC, USB stick, whatever suits you.

Changing Android versions is always a major change, with higher risk of something going wrong.

As you are seemingly trapped by Xiaomis implementation of ARB, you might think "out of the box":

As you (probably) can't go back to Android 8 if you find out you don't like 9, for whatever reason, you could always sell(!) your phone to someone who really wants 9, and buy yourself a fresh new phone with Android 8 and keep it on 8.

Reactions: pilleelvis
Status
Not open for further replies.