9.4.11/12

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you been able to solve the battery drain somehow? I went back to 9.3.14 since this release has outstanding battery performance and ok Google is constantly working. Everything above has either ridiculous battery drain or ok Google randomly stops working... Battery is bad for everything above 9.3.14 for me. Very sad.

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk
Consider upgrading Google system stuff manually (apk mirror) got my battery issues sorted.

Regards.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition

Since when did you implement ARB4 Firmware into xiaomi.eu roms!?! My device is now ARB4

Not GOOD! ffs
"Not good"? You can't use a newer ROM with and old firmware forever and expect it to work properly. Such problems are a huge waste of our time.

Please put the api 2 (level 3) of the camera released by default on your rom in Redmi note 5 pro and others if they can.
No.

How to get OK google working on MI9? Thx
Not possible unless you use a Global (or Global-based) ROM.

Ok google no work on mi mix 2s
How to fix that?
We have no fix for OK Google. Our current fix used to work perfectly, but started having issues lately, we have no information regarding what causes it to stop working after a few minutes, it's completely random.

Coming from last stable I flashed this weekly dirty on Mi8 (dipper)
One day usage - looks good so far. No more battery drain as in last weekly. No issues until now.

Thanks guys - great job!
Same here. Working like charm. One and only is double tap to sleep, what not working.

"Not good"? You can't use a newer ROM with and old firmware forever and expect it to work properly. Such problems are a huge waste of our time.

Thanks for your hard work with the roms though. Just a little heads up bout ARB4 implication of it in the roms be nice. If mentioned i certainly wasn't aware lol

On the MI8 still massive battery discharge problems.

GPay also does not work, despite having passed Safty Check

Sad

1) You should be able to update via Updater just fine. A compatible version of TWRP will also be flashed during the update.
2) You will get ARB 4 if you update. We no longer remove firmware-update folder, as using old firmware cause many issues (usually with camera).

Today I flashed version 9.4.12 over the old 9.3.14 with the updater function (Redmi Note 5 - Whyred). The first boot took about 5 minutes, but the phone started without any problems. A new TWRP was created not recorded for me, probably because my version (3.2.1.3) was compatible. When I installed Magisk in the TWRP, I found out that the internal memory was not recognized (0 MB). So I just installed the TWRP 3.2.3.0 in TWRP with the Install - Image option. This made my internal memory synonymous again recognized, without which I had to reformat.
I hope that with my report some here in the forum could take the fear and they dare to make the update of Android 8.1 on Android 9.

I was on 16.7.94 beta , manual upgrade to 16.7.96 didn't change the standby drain.

What version did you choose ?
Did you update anything else?
It's a shot in the dark, what works for me musst not necessarily work for you.

Did you try to analyze the drain? (Better Battery Stats)

Regards.
d121c887067c7b88964cbae942a6e11e.jpg

Today I flashed version 9.4.12 over the old 9.3.14 with the updater function (Redmi Note 5 - Whyred). The first boot took about 5 minutes, but the phone started without any problems. A new TWRP was created not recorded for me, probably because my version (3.2.1.3) was compatible. When I installed Magisk in the TWRP, I found out that the internal memory was not recognized (0 MB). So I just installed the TWRP 3.2.3.0 in TWRP with the Install - Image option. This made my internal memory synonymous again recognized, without which I had to reformat.
I hope that with my report some here in the forum could take the fear and they dare to make the update of Android 8.1 on Android 9.
Theres a new official TWRP 3.3.0.0 for whyred TWRP.me
Works also on Android Pie ;-)

Maybe if you have formatted the /data partition when you saw it for the first time after installing the a Pie ROM for whyred in TWRP 3.2.x.

I dind't want to format /data, and installed OrangeFox instead. That recovery mounts all partitions without asking for password, and is fully functional.

Today i flashed TWRP 3.3 for whyred (it's easy as hell, don't think i could have screwed it up) and it asks for password.
Yes, u're right and I apologize. Today I dirty flashed 9.4.12 from 9.3.14 and everything seems fine, until I entered twrp 3.3.0-0... password needed.
fastboot boot recovery.img (orangefox)
install orangefox and then as u wrote, no password needed.

Reactions: JoseCSS
I have a problem with setup wizard in last step when click "thank you" for no more setup needed i get error provision keeps stopping and not load the home home screen. I tried to deleted the setup wizard.apk from systrm through twrp the device booted but also cannot load the home screen.
Any help guys please
My device Redmi note 7
Thank you

It's a shot in the dark, what works for me musst not necessarily work for you.

Did you try to analyze the drain? (Better Battery Stats)

Regards.
d121c887067c7b88964cbae942a6e11e.jpg

Yeah tried to narrow it down a couple times but even with betterbatterystats or batteryhistorian it's impossible to pinpoint.
I'll try that version of GMS. :)

Reactions: zeyentology
Yeah so im not the only one regarding twrp decrypt password. There’s nothing you can do apparently apart from erase data so make a backup of everything in miui first. It will completely erase everything unfortunately. You can try your lock screen pin or password but I’ve had no luck so had to erase data..

Deleted all and flashed all new with 9.4.12. and twrp 3.3.0.0 but still have the problem that the second SIM has no data connection. So now tried to go back to 9.3.28 but is not possible because have again the message that the decryption of the internal memory is not possible and asks me for a password...

Is there someone out who have the same problem and fixed it ?

Last edited:
I cant find the WPS button for wireless connectin in stable 10.2.3 for my mi 8 se.

MI 8 SE cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Theres a new official TWRP 3.3.0.0 for whyred TWRP.me
Works also on Android Pie ;-)

I also have the new version TWRP 3.3.0.0 whyred installed. Then my internal memory was not recognized again (0 MB), so I flashed again the version TWRP 3.2.3.0 and my internal memory is displayed again.
How do I get the version 3.3.0.0 installed, so that my internal memory is also recognized?

Thank you

I also have the new version TWRP 3.3.0.0 whyred installed. Then my internal memory was not recognized again (0 MB), so I flashed again the version TWRP 3.2.3.0 and my internal memory is displayed again.
How do I get the version 3.3.0.0 installed, so that my internal memory is also recognized?

Thank you
I was in TWRP 3.2.3-2 During Upgrade Android 8.1 top 9. After that, i have flashed newest TWRP 3.3.0.0
No Problems with read internal memory.

Maybe should try out the newest oficial twrp 3.3.0-0.

I tried flashing new twrp with the app on Mi8 dipper and also tried flashing through twrp recovery and then with fastboot, all with no success.
After every reboot it returns to fastboot mode!
When i reflash 3.2.3-5 i get my twrp back.

Also with this new rom 9.4.11, if my usb cable is still connected when rebooting it always goes into fastboot mode, no cable, reboots properly !

Status
Not open for further replies.