Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys using autostart for notifications? If i dont add something in autostart i dont get notifications.

There is a quite noticeable stutter and app windows flickering when openning recent apps using navigation buttons (recent button). Also scrolling through chrome/google search is not smooth.

Clean install, Xiaomi Mi 8, no Magisk, no mods, nothing - pure Xiaomi.eu.

Why are not the original icons of many app in the default theme? Amazon, Google Pay or Wear OS, for example, are not the original icons.

He means you use not original icon pack of apps

For example Gpay should look like this, but seem like 2nd
Screenshot_2019-04-20-18-15-34-815_com.android.vending.jpg
Screenshot_2019-04-20-18-16-18-441_com.miui.home.jpg

Отправлено с моего MI 8 через Tapatalk

Last edited:
@Igor Eisberg
I urge your team replace file hosts (in /system/etc) with, for example, my edited hosts(patched with LP hosts with their full notes)

Not so long chinese in their ROMs delete all notes in this file, but it doesn't free up me from add

Could you confirm? I think so

Link to hosts: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zFH--PQti8GPD0m_MxceLJzUQ21WJ8Vj/view?usp=drivesdk

There is no one-size-fits-all version of hosts file.

What suit one person will block something important for another.

He means you use not original icon pack of apps

For example Gpay should look like this, but seem like 2ndView attachment 24357View attachment 24358

Because we use our own MIUI icons. The default theme turns them into squares. Not our design choice, but that's the only way to have third-party themes that change the shape of the icons work properly. You guys are more than welcome to use a third-party launcher (like I do).

@Igor Eisberg
I urge your team to replace file hosts (in /system/etc) with, for example, my edited hosts(patched with LP hosts with their full notes)

Not so long chinese in their ROMs delete all notes in this file, but it doesn't free up me from add

Could you confirm? I think so

Link to hosts: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zFH--PQti8GPD0m_MxceLJzUQ21WJ8Vj/view?usp=drivesdk

That's an insane list, basically blocking half of the internet. We can't accept that.

There is no one-size-fits-all version of hosts file.

What suit one person will block something important for another.
Well said. I used a host file that blocked certain MIUI services once.

Hmm, got it...

What could possibly be done is to create one or a few standardized hosts files on a server here, like has been done for TWRP, with instructions as to how to install them from within TWRP, and how to modify them for special needs.

I have found my hosts files on some unusual places, I don't know of any good link to a complete hosts file to offer offhand.
Adaway constructs your hosts file from within their app individually.

Read up:

Last edited:
What could possibly be done is to create one or a few standardized hosts files on a server here, like has been done for TWRP, with instructions as to how to install them from within TWRP, and how to modify them for special needs.

I have found my hosts files on some unusual places, I don't know of any good link to a complete hosts file to offer offhand.
Adaway constructs your hosts file from within their app individually.

Read up:

Don't know, guys, with my file host I don't have any problem

I have never searched this file in the internet

May be you could try to replace with my file and find any problem?...

Can i update with Magisk installed? Or may i disinstall it and then flash this rom??
Make a backup of Boot before flashing magisk and if system doesn't boot, restore Boot from backup

I had problems only with Magisk 19.x only on my mi 6,but I found a way to flash it

Don't know, guys, with my file host I don't have any problem

I have never searched this file in the internet

May be you could try to replace with my file and find any problem?...

No thanks.

You do understand what a hosts file is?

Simpy a very long list in text format with redirections of various sites.
Sites you want to block are simply redirected to a 'null' or garbage can site.

The hosts file takes precedence over most everything else, way down in the basic internet stuff, and cannot be run around by the average app that wants to show you ads.

There are other uses for redirections, and some problems with it when you are on mobile data as I recall.

Last edited:
Make a backup of Boot before flashing magisk and if system doesn't boot, restore Boot from backup

I had problems only with Magisk 19.x only on my mi 6,but I found a way to flash it

Thanks for the reply. I have Magisk 18.1 stable

No thanks.

You do understand what a hosts file is?

Simpy a very long list in text format with redirections of various sites.
Sites you want to block are simply redirected to a 'null' or garbage can site.

The hosts file takes precedence over most everything else, and cannot be run around by the average app that wants to show you ads.

There are other uses for redirections, and some problems with it when you are on mobile data as I recall.
Yes, I understand it
Just I don't have any problem with any site
May be I'm not active user as you...

O
Yes, I understand it
Just I don't have any problem with any site
May be I'm not active user as you...

Well, I've only had a very few problems, none that I have even bothered to fix.

Main thing for me is avoiding 99% of all adds without having to root my phones to install Adaway.

Because we use our own MIUI icons. The default theme turns them into squares. Not our design choice, but that's the only way to have third-party themes that change the shape of the icons work properly. You guys are more than welcome to use a third-party launcher (like I do).

The issue is not with their shape, but rather with their appearance. They are outdated in xiaomi.eu (as shown previously with the Android Pay, your "own MIUI icons" display the old Android Pay logo), even though in the stock global ROM they are correct and updated. Why do you have to replace them at all? If you're unable to keep them updated just leave them as they were and don't bother.
Using a 3rd party launcher isn't a viable solution, because even then the outdated icons remain visible in notifications and other various places. Furthermore, that explanation is kinda silly, given that in the features of xiaomi.eu you brag about "Unified flat style app icons for both system and 3rd party apps (eg. Play Store icon flat too, unlike official global MIUI)". Those icons are already flat in the Global and most importantly they're updated.

That's how Google Pay logo should look (and it does on global MIUI).
Screenshot_2019-04-20-18-57-48-880_com.miui.home.jpg

Last edited:
Wifi repeater was not ok in 9.4.11 version. In Oreo is ok you can share your WiFi connection creating a new WiFi

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 5 mediante Tapatalk

Most devices do not let you use both wifi and the built-in hotspot at the same time.
None of mine do, never have.

There are apps on Play store that do this, have never tried them.

Most devices do not let you use both wifi and the built-in hotspot at the same time.
None of mine do, never have.

There are apps on Play store that do this, have never tried them.
I can confirm you redmi note 5 pro oreo is fine and also I have a Pocophone F1 Pie that is ok. I don't know why now in Pie is not ok in rmn5 pro

Apps in PlayStore let you to have a WiFi repeater but using a VPN, very bad solution, Oreo native solution is very simple and much better because you can configure a new WiFi conection with specific name and password

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 5 mediante Tapatalk

The issue is not with their shape, but rather with their appearance. They are outdated in xiaomi.eu (as shown previously with the Android Pay, your "own MIUI icons" display the old Android Pay logo), even though in the stock global ROM they are correct and updated. Why do you have to replace them at all? If you're unable to keep them updated just leave them as they were and don't bother.
Using a 3rd party launcher isn't a viable solution, because even then the outdated icons remain visible in notifications and other various places. Furthermore, that explanation is kinda silly, given that in the features of xiaomi.eu you brag about "Unified flat style app icons for both system and 3rd party apps (eg. Play Store icon flat too, unlike official global MIUI)". Those icons are already flat in the Global and most importantly they're updated.

That's how Google Pay logo should look (and it does on global MIUI).
View attachment 24359
Did you try change theme to on the other two themes?

Status
Not open for further replies.