Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning guys, ive dirty flashed this Version and everything works fine except that i cannot dt2s. Anyone else having that on dipper ?

Edit: Strange thing is I havent changed any symbol on my first page and there i cannot use dt2s anymore because there is no space anymore but in the last weekly it worked. Need to swipe to the second page to make dt2s working. Apart from that gj from the devs as always and thanks for the effort.

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
VoLTE cant turn on in this new version, on previous it can enable telco Digi from Malaysia. My telco support VoLTE. Mi8

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-19-16-45-27-964_com.android.phone.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-04-19-16-45-27-964_com.android.phone.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 540
Guys, excuse the insistence but I'm afraid of combining a mess, my MI9 transparent edition is close to unlocking, can I really install the global rom of the MI9 standart edition or I risk the brik?
Can you tell me if the 9EE has Band 20 on board?

Thx!

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition

Yes, Google Assistant dosn't work anymore :(
Hope to see this problem solved, i'm using the "ok google" a lot while driving.

For me Google Assistent (press home Button long) and "ok Google" are working perfect.
Tried it now several times, always working.

But since that last 4 weekly releases I wipe "system" before upgrade.. I think that solves
many problems....

- copy rom to phone
- start twrp
- wipe / advanced wipe -> cache&dalvik / cache and system
- go back to main menu
- install, choose rom and install it
- do reboot, wait 20-30 seconds and do a second reboot
- all fine
(all your settings and data are kept)

happy easter !

Last edited:
Reactions: marcel112
For me Google Assistent (press home Button long) and "ok Google" are working perfect.

But since that last 4 weekly releases I wipe "system" before upgrade.. I think that solves
many problems....

- copy rom to phone
- start twrp
- wipe cache&dalvik / cache and system
- go back to install
- all fine

happy easter !
Thanks, but i always wipe system and cache/dalvik partitions before updating rom.
Maybe i'd to try a clean flash... seems a random problem

many problems....

- copy rom to phone
- start twrp
- wipe cache&dalvik / cache and system
- go back to install
- all fine

happy easter !
Exactly what I'm doing as well. Tried several reboots, wiped data of the Google app. Nothing worked. One last thing: are you using the Google beta program version or the regular one? I'm part if the beta program ever since I'm on Xiaomi devices, since the beta worked more reliably.

Exactly what I'm doing as well. Tried several reboots, wiped data of the Google app. Nothing worked. One last thing: are you using the Google beta program version or the regular one? I'm part if the beta program ever since I'm on Xiaomi devices, since the beta worked more reliably.

No, everything is default/stock.

The only thing I changed is the Kernel,
I am using sphinx 2.7

Last edited:
Reactions: zeyentology
this version would be my 2nd update since I switched from china rom to eu (mi 9). the thing is, I cant update via ota. is this normal? last update I used pc to install it since all I can see in twrp are bunch of random letters and numbers, and I cant see the zipped file for the latest update downloaded

mi8 all fine now. Mi calculator was stuck waiting to agree some lciense after update so it got 70% battery drain, but seems like is solved, will check later.

i'm on beta too.... trying to revert to stable "google" release to see if this solves the problems

No, everything is default/stock.

The only thing I changed is the Kernel,
I am using sphinx 2.7
That could be it. Been on Sphinx during this battery Desaster on .21. but didn't install it while on 9.3.14. will try with with Sphinx to see if it fixes it.

Hi! Thanks, great work for Whyred!
I would ask Google Assist for long press home button doesn't come back?

i'm on beta too.... trying to revert to stable "google" release to see if this solves the problems

Reverted to stock google app (from beta) and Ok Google works ok! Seems fixed atm.

I'm on MI8 stock kernel, later i'll install Sphinx, but just for better battery and performances, i don't think that kernel is related to assistant problem.

Reactions: zeyentology
Just installed on RN5, TWRP changed from orangefox to Redwolf
We preinclude TWRP we know is supported with Pie, that's for users upgrading via OTA from Oreo. (so that they don't lose TWRP after upgrade)

Hi! Thanks, great work for Whyred!
I would ask Google Assist for long press home button doesn't come back?
Settings -> Additional settings -> Button and gesture shortcuts -> Launch Google Assistant -> Long press the home button.

Если вы не хотите потерять новую опцию приложения «Калькулятор», не обновляйте ее через Play Market.

Status
Not open for further replies.